• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs, do you actually want to kill everyone you see or do you just look like it?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mostly a joke, but many of you guys really do look like you want to reach out and kill someone. do you actually have a lot of violent thoughts, or do you just look like you do?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol no, not at all. It's pretty rare that I get actually angry too, although I probably do look like I could kill someone at those times (I still doubt I could even punch someone who really deserved it).

I don't think I look angry most of the time though. Cold and distant if anything, if I'm not paying attention to being "presentable".

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hey why is this in NT rationale anyway? :thelook:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey why is this in NT rationale anyway? :thelook:

oopsie! I'll ask the mods to move it

[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]
could you move this thread to the SP Arthouse? arrigato gozaimas!

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
the problem with this question is some people look at a sheepdog and they look at a wolf and all they can think is "they both have sharp teeth."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the problem with this question is some people look at a sheepdog and they look at a wolf and all they can think is "they both have sharp teeth."

I think I get what you mean (power and confidence =/= wanting to fuck people up right?) personally I find it more entertaining and amusing than threatening. the question was asked out of pure Ne curiosity

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what that is. What are you saying?

Foolish of me to assume. Apologies.

The analogy of sheep, sheepdogs and wolves in the context of capacity for violence among members of society was brought into the public awareness by a book written by Col. Grossman, USA Ret. The chapter is located here: http://killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I'm looking at someone like I wanna kill them, then unquestionably I do not like that person. Mostly, I've been told I have a "serious" face. But that's how my face is most of the time.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The analogy of sheep, sheepdogs and wolves in the context of capacity for violence among members of society was brought into the public awareness by a book written by Col. Grossman, USA Ret. The chapter is located here: http://killology.com/sheep_dog.htm
That chapter is an impressive series of strawmen all in a row. If only life were so black and white. The paragraph at the end was a small concession, but it's still awfully one-dimensional. Interesting read, though.

KDude

lol.. this was one of those things that never fit me when I thought I was an "F".

I think the whole "intimidation" factor lies with my family in general, not type.. but whatever. I think anyone would see me for the goofy guy I am up close, but I don't often make that first impression. I mean, I don't see myself this way, but I've come to take my friends' words for it.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

Well, I don't really know where I picked up that analogy. I always sort of thought of sheep and rams (and a maybe shepherd in there somewhere), but at some point it became sheepdogs. I suppose I agree with what he's saying, minus all the "righteous battle" talk. I think things are considerably less black and white than that to have truly righteous battles.

He's taking it way overboard with the whole badass cop routine for my tastes.

That said, I do agree with the basic premise that people can react negatively to direct or hints of aggressive behavior without being able to tell if that behavior is simply directed toward everyone or if there are certain trends governing that behavior. Instead of trying to figure out those trends, people simply see "hazard" and give it no thought, in part because it makes them uncomfortable.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
That chapter is an impressive series of strawmen all in a row. If only life were so black and white. The paragraph at the end was a small concession, but it's still awfully one-dimensional. Interesting read, though.

yeah, took the words right out of my mouth.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I will be the first to agree that it is highly oversimplified, boiled down to the black and white to illustrate the disparate ethos in an almost caricature like fashion. His purpose is to make a simple point and draw attention to a set of basic mindsets. The piece does that quite well. His book is well researched historically and scientifically. He states at the beginning that that portion of the book was a correspondence between him and another officer.

KDude

I didn't even read all of this thread. What's this about cops? I hate cops.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
mostly a joke, but many of you guys really do look like you want to reach out and kill someone. do you actually have a lot of violent thoughts, or do you just look like you do?

This is the most annoying question I get, "why do you look mad" "you look bored" "you look so serious" blah blah blah stfu.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always wonder the same thing. I always assume if they are "unreadable" they are up to no good.

lastrailway

ISTPs look like they want to kill everyone they see?

Not the ones I know. In fact, the one I know very well, wouldn't look at all like he wants to kill everyone even if that's exactly what he wanted.