• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Are ESFPs ever pushy?

KDude

I think Titus Pullo from Rome is an ESFP. And the actor (Ray Stevenson) a less homicidal one. They're not all the ditzy valley girl or "Steve Erwin". More like the jolly, but tough Fi type. Very personable. Elvis is another. Sylvester Stallone probably too (Not an ISTP). Mickey Rourke maybe as well.

How anyone thinks a Se dominant is a pushover is beyond me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A unhealthy person in a severe Se/Te loop could even be dangerous.

I mean the possibilities for aggression with Se/Te in an ESFP who had, say, a hard life or what have you are spectacular.

Not to mention that it would look a bit like an ENTJ in a Te/Se loop, and I think most people will have a lightbulb go on when they think of that...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course ESFPs can be pushy, OP. They have Se/Te. They could beat your motherfucking ass if they wanted. ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL it happened to me all the time at school... lording their superior position in the social heirarchy over me

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
LOL it happened to me all the time at school... lording their superior position in the social heirarchy over me

Just note, however, that according to Jung there are developed Se types, and base Se types. The base Se type is the ESFP (or ESTP) stereotypes of the person who cares for nothing but cheap thrills, and may be daring to the point of self-destruction just to have excitement. The developed Se type is full of facts and has a strong aesthetic development.

Likewise, the supposed ESFPs who bullied you may have been raised in environments where they were abused, and not particularly well educated.

I've always been a "defender" myself. I can be very tough in spurts that sometimes outright surprises people if they don't know me well, but typically it is either to defend myself or someone weaker or someone I care about. In high school, several of my female friends and I would go out of our way to protect the "nerdy" people who were bullied. When I was in high school, I smacked one girl (who was a friend of mine, actually) but hit more than one guy. All of the guys I hit were bullies, and I look back sometimes on my teen years and wonder how I escaped without a black eye, or a broken neck. Oh immature Se.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, they are generally pushy when compared to your average human being. However, they're often either tactfully pushy or enthousiastically pushy, which strongly softens their impact.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ESFP sister is the bossiest person in the house, even bossier than our ISTJ great aunt...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP friend I've known since I was 12 is, always has been bossy, and occasionally acts like a spoiled brat/prone to tantrums [fortunately that's now only limited to men in her life, ha]. Her tantrums were always quite brief, never carried around like luggage. Now she's just very to-the-point, some of the overt emphasis is muted, at times.
But yeah, nothing she's so emphatically assertive about is really impractical. It's usually a lot of fun, to say the very least..

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From my observations, it varies, depends on their level of Te and lifestyles.. They can definitely be alpha when hanging around a tough crowd or are like really spoiled by their parents at a young age.. Most of them I've noticed, pretty go with the flow, some of them self questioning and a little insecure, (which I actually find complimentary on them)... I don't think Se is necessarily a pushy function unto itself... I don't really see how a person could make that leap... Since it's an information collecting function, it doesn't actually do anything...Perhaps it's the bluntness/ directness in speech that makes them seem that way. It's tertiary Te that does so in combination with perhaps the Fi valuing toughness or something. Sometimes I think some really tough/ pushy ESFP's are ESTP's only to think about it for a minute and realize that they are just using Te really intensely. I see that when they are stressed their worlds can become really small and they can lash out and want their way. One of my best friends is a really good ESFP, she's more the thinking/ self-questioning type, very Se, just taking lots of info from the environment, Fi considers and reconsiders before deciding things. 7w6, she is.

:laugh: random yodaness.
Rambling, I am.