• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Top 5 enneatype + wing types for SPs

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTPs would rarely act like a 3. If anything, they might need a friend like that.

5w6 would be a lot more common than that.

No, because 5 is a very rare type while 3 is one of the most current. The style of the Type 3 of a man who is active, keep busy, send project, is competent, seek impact and keep his feelings asleep fits better with the ISTP type than the type 5 style of a nerd who stay in his oniric world and is not interested with action. I think 3w4 ISTP are very currents, but Type 5 and 3w2 ISTPs are rather rare.

Elfboy's ranking is very accurate, i think. I don't see how I could improve it.

KDude

No, because 5 is a very rare type while 3 is one of the most current. The style of the Type 3 of a man who is active, keep busy, send project, is competent, seek impact and keep his feelings asleep fits better with the ISTP type than the type 5 style of a nerd who stay in his oniric world and is not interested with action. I think 3w4 ISTP are very currents, but Type 5 and 3w2 ISTPs are rather rare.

lol.. So 5s are nerds now and 3s are not?

Personally, I think it's more nerdy to be as concerned with external achievement marks and status in the way that some 3s are. That's the kind of thing I'd sit on the sidelines watching.. and laughing at. I'll give you bonus points for using the word oniric though.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol.. So 5s are nerds now and 3s are not?

Personally, I think it's more nerdy to be as concerned with external achievemnt marks and status in the way that some 3s are. That's the kind of thing I'd sit on the sidelines watching.. and laughing at.

We have not the same definition of nerd apparently. For me, a nerd is not necessarly concerned with external achivements, but above all with analysis for the sake of analysis and inability to deal with the real world. That's not ISTP. ENTx are more likely to be 5s than ISTPs. And there's clearly more Type 7 (especially 7w8) ISTPs than Type 5 ISTPs.

KDude

We have not the same definition of nerd apparently. For me, a nerd is not necessarly concerned with external achivements, but above all with analysis for the sake of analysis and inability to deal with the real world. That's not ISTP. ENTx are more likely to be 5s than ISTPs. And there's clearly more Type 7 (especially 7w8) ISTPs than Type 5 ISTPs.

How can you say an ISTP can be a 3 and still say these particular ones wouldn't be so externally involved like that? If they're 3, you're essentially turning these ISTPs into Se/Fe/Te doms.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How can you say an ISTP can be a 3 and still say these particular ones wouldn't be so externally involved like that? If they're 3, you're essentially turning these ISTPs into Se/Fe/Te doms.

That has nothing to do with the I/E dichotomy, an introvert expand his energy in the outside world while an extrovert get it. That does'nt mean an ontrovert can't be concerned with the type 3's orientation to be a champion and be oriented toward performable success.

I know a lot of ISTPs, and no one are 5s. And don't know and famous ISTP type 5. I don't know any fictional ISTP type 5. And thoses online, or in books, who says that type 5 ISTPs are current are unable to show any concrete example of type 5 ISTP as well. There's no evidence that it's a current combination, actually, there's more evidence that they are rare, Type 7 ISTPs are clearly more currents.

KDude

That has nothing to do with the I/E dichotomy, an introvert expand his energy in the outside world while an extrovert get it. That does'nt mean an ontrovert can't be concerned with the type 3's orientation to be a champion and be oriented toward performable success.

I didn't say anything about success. Anyone can be successful. It's just that an introvert (especially Ti and Fi dominant) isn't going to be swayed by what that means in a way a 3 would. 3s will adapt expected standards and factors for success as their own. Whether it was something their family ingrained in them, or what appears to be the cool/admirable/successful thing from their peers or their culture. 3's are the ones who embody that kind of success. It doesn't mean they're the only ones "successful" in some generic sense.

That's my understanding at least. I could be wrong.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't say anything about success. Anyone can be successful. It's just that an introvert (especially Ti and Fi dominant) isn't going to be swayed by what that means in a way a 3 would. 3s will adapt expected standards and factors for success as their own. Whether it was something their family ingrained in them, or what appears to be the cool/admirable/successful thing from their peers or their culture. 3's are the ones who embody that kind of success. It doesn't mean they're the only ones "successful" in some generic sense.

That' my understanding at least. I could be wrong.

The proof of success for a 3 is that they beat someone at a competition, you don't need to be an extrovert for this.

An example of Type 3 ISTP:

Michael-Jordan.jpg

So, yes, you are wrong.

KDude

So, yes, you are wrong.

Just because say so, doesn't make it true.

I'm not even sure Mike is an ISTP anyways. I think it's very possible that he's ESTP, taking the way he acts off court at least. Larry Bird is more of an ISTP than he is.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just because say so, doesn't make it true.

It's is true as long as you are unable to argue aganst it.

I'm not even sure Mike is an ISTP anyways. I think it's very possible that he's ESTP,

Lol, no.

taking the way he acts off court at least. Larry Bird is more of an ISTP than he is.

Larry Bird is a pure ISFJ. 6w5 Sp/So.

KDude

Love the declarations. I see you don't like to discuss anything at all.

What makes you think Larry is ISFJ anyways? Even Jordan says he didn't know a thing about the "mental game" and competitiveness until he played Larry (his other mentor was Magic, whose sense of teamwork he admired). Dennis Rodman literally didn't like to play against him. Apparently, he always had something demoralizing to say. He knew how to get under people's skin with saying little. Not to say that's ISTP, but it's probably closer.

As for Jordan being extroverted, I say it because I run across articles where he comes off as the leader in the groups he's in, parties all night, and is an extreme gambling junky. He seems more like one of those people who get overstimulated and don't know how to quit.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I know a lot of ISTPs, and no one are 5s. And don't know and famous ISTP type 5. I don't know any fictional ISTP type 5. And thoses online, or in books, who says that type 5 ISTPs are current are unable to show any concrete example of type 5 ISTP as well. There's no evidence that it's a current combination, actually, there's more evidence that they are rare, Type 7 ISTPs are clearly more currents.

Would you say that an ISTP with an intellectual focus is likely a type 5? There's at least one who fits that description and comes around here occasionally.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you say that an ISTP with an intellectual focus is likely a type 5? There's at least one who fits that description and comes around here occasionally.

It's possible but nothing more. "having an intelectual focus" is not enough to be a 5.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's possible but nothing more. "having an intelectual focus" is not enough to be a 5.

It's a pretty strong association though. Intelligence and intellect are not the same thing. Anybody can be intelligent, but type 5s are much more likely than others to be "intellectuals." It's not as rare as you might think among ISTPs to be very focused on academic knowledge, etc. The way they learn and use that knowledge is different from an INTP, for example, but they can often have the same basic drives. I'm sure that ISTP 5s are probably much more likely to have a 6 wing than a 4 wing, though.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a pretty strong association though. Intelligence and intellect are not the same thing. Anybody can be intelligent, but type 5s are much more likely than others to be "intellectuals." It's not as rare as you might think among ISTPs to be very focused on academic knowledge, etc. The way they learn and use that knowledge is different from an INTP, for example, but they can often have the same basic drives. I'm sure that ISTP 5s are probably much more likely to have a 6 wing than a 4 wing, though.

From my experience, most part of 5s are INxx, with some ENTx. ISTPs are often 3, 6, 7 or 9, but 5 is rare. One of the first things I learned when I started to get into enneagram is that you can't find your type just doing a test, so, what people score on test mus'nt be taken as serious datas.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
From my experience, most part of 5s are INxx, with some ENTx. ISTPs are often 3, 6, 7 or 9, but 5 is rare. One of the first things I learned when I started to get into enneagram is that you can't find your type just doing a test, so, what people score on test mus'nt be taken as serious datas.

Every test I take I get 5, and it's not even a low 5 it is usually a very high 5 and I relate to the description of 5 when I read it compared to the other descriptions.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every test I take I get 5, and it's not even a low 5 it is usually a very high 5 and I relate to the description of 5 when I read it compared to the other descriptions.

I would believe you a possible 5.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think ISTP 5s are fairly common, just less so than 6s, 8s and 9s. probably closer to ISTP 7s and 3s

KDude

Are we really correlating Intellectualism with N again? Is Se just good for tasting hot dogs and taking a jog or something? Se isn't about "senses" in the colloquial sense. Typology/Jung/MBTI has it's own lingo on what sensation means.

I'll say that superior (for lack of a better word) intellectual styles come from N though. Ne in particular is kind of holographic in examining an object, for example.. it sees many more sides than Se. But that doesn't mean Se types are necessarily disinterested or worse, just gibbering retards.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we really correlating Intellectualism with N again? Is Se just good for tasting hot dogs and taking a jog or something? Se isn't about "senses" in the colloquial sense. Typology/Jung/MBTI has it's own lingo on what sensation means.

I'll say that superior (for lack of a better word) intellectual styles come from N though. Ne in particular is kind of holographic in examining an object, for example.. it sees many more sides than Se. But that doesn't mean Se types are necessarily disinterested or worse, just gibbering retards.
Right, that was the very point I was trying to make. Besides INTPs and INTJs, I think ISTPs are probably the most likely MBTI to be enneagram type 5s. Certainly more likely than ISTJs, who are probably the only other MBTI that gets type 5 with any regularity at all.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

yes, intellectualism is an N activity. Sensors can certainly be intellectual, but they are using their N function heavily to do so