• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Top 5 enneatype + wing types for SPs

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as always, just guesses

ESFP
1) 7w6
2) 3w2
3) 6w7
4) 2w3
5) 7w8

ISFP
1) 9w8
2) 9w1
3) 6w7
4) 4w3
5) 7w6

ESTP
1) 3w2
2) 7w8
3) 8w7
4) 6w7
5) 3w4

ISTP
1) 6w5
2) 8w9
3) 6w7
4) 8w7
5) 3w4

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
there's probably more 9w8 isfp's than 9w1. i'd think a decent amount of 6w7 and 7w6s too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
there's probably more 9w8 isfp's than 9w1. i'd think a decent amount of 6w7 and 7w6s too.

that makes sense. ISFPs tend to be a little more gutsy than INFPs (usually 9w1s)

KDude

ISTPs would rarely act like a 3. If anything, they might need a friend like that.

5w6 would be a lot more common than that.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
as always, just guesses

ESFP
1) 7w6
2) 3w2
3) 6w7
4) 2w3
5) 7w8

ISFP
1) 9w8
2) 9w1
3) 6w7
4) 4w3
5) 7w6

ESTP
1) 3w2
2) 7w8
3) 8w7
4) 6w7
5) 3w4

ISTP
1) 6w5
2) 8w9
3) 6w7
4) 8w7
5) 3w4

fail

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTPs would rarely act like a 3. If anything, they might need a friend like that.

5w6 would be a lot more common than that.

I can't think of any examples of ISTP 5s, but I've seen plenty of ISTP 3s (though I don't know their names). most ISTPs are far to "come on let's DO something" to be a 5 who's natural tendency is to sit and analyze all day, that's more like an INTP

KDude

I can't think of any examples of ISTP 5s, but I've seen plenty of ISTP 3s (though I don't know their names). most ISTPs are far to "come on let's DO something" to be a 5 who's natural tendency is to sit and analyze all day, that's more like an INTP

ISTPs do something when they want to do something. Slight difference. It's not just for the sake of it. "DUDE! I just need so much action.. and mountain dew. RAWR!" No. They're probably one of the lazier types. And they're hardly ones to not analyze. They're just don't care to theorize.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTPs do something when they want to do something. Slight difference. It's not just for the sake of it. "DUDE! I just need so much action.. and mountain dew. RAWR!" No. They're probably one of the lazier types. And they're hardly ones to not analyze. They're just don't care to theorize.

yes, but not liking to theorize would make one much less likely to be a 5. I'm sure there are a fair amount of ISTP 5s, but I don't think it's one of the more common types, they just come across as much more pragmatic than 5s (that aren't substantially integrated to 8)

KDude

yes, but not liking to theorize would make one much less likely to be a 5.

How so? There are all kinds of ways to analyze the world. One can still be analytical and realist. Some could even be more analytical than some NTPs, if they have a tendency to criticize Ne ideas when things become impractical. One could be very much like a detective. The character of Sherlock Holmes was probably an ISTP. I don't know why anyone calls him an NTP. His most famous quote: "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence."

One can be analytical, but very tactile/hands on about it. The kind of guy who sits on his back working under a car all day or dabbles in some craft/sport/music instrument/martial art, etc.. There's nothing instrinically "theory prone" about these people, but some might be 5s.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How so? There are all kinds of ways to analyze the world. One can still be analytical and realist. Some could even be more analytical than some NTPs, if they have a tendency to criticize Ne ideas when things become impractical. One could be very much like a detective. The character of Sherlock Holmes was probably an ISTP. I don't know why anyone calls him an NTP. His most famous quote: "It is a capital mistake to theorize before you have all the evidence."

One can be analytical, but very tactile/hands on about it. The kind of guy who sits on his back working under a car all day or dabbles in some craft/sport/music instrument/martial art, etc.. There's nothing instrinically "theory prone" about these people, but some might be 5s.

but the nature of 5 is that they are caught up in their heads because they fear the real world. ISTPs are grounded. most of them are very intelligent and analytical, but not in an academic way like a 5. analyzation and action are connected for an ISTP (a rare combination which can make them brutally effective) not so for most 5s. analyzation is for it's own sake is the motivation of a 5

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually agree with all your posts, K, but I'd have to disagree here. I don't see most ISTPs having that kind of patience or interest to devote to in depth analysis of something, to find "ALL" the evidence. A few pieces to point in the right direction is all it takes. What works is usually good enough. Finding all the myriad tendrils and fleshing them out is Ne, and might be used by an ISTP, but only is he is gifted with righteous amounts of Ne for some reason.

Jaguar

myers_briggs_enneagram.jpg

KDude

I usually agree with all your posts, K, but I'd have to disagree here. I don't see most ISTPs having that kind of patience or interest to devote to in depth analysis of something, to find "ALL" the evidence. A few pieces to point in the right direction is all it takes. What works is usually good enough. Finding all the myriad tendrils and fleshing them out is Ne, and might be used by an ISTP, but only is he is gifted with righteous amounts of Ne for some reason.

I admit, I'm not nitpicky about details either, and I've seen INTPs who are.. but.. I am compelled to give food for thought anyways. Some are closer to these self-absorbed, cerebral types than a 3w4. That's one of the most achievement oriented types. And by achievement, I don't mean ISTPs brush that off. I mean that 3 has a focus on setting their goals by standards that are rarely their own. They are a means to appease or get ahead with some external influence or standard in the environment. It's an anthesis of an ISTP.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

According to this, an ISTP can only be a 5 (or is usually). An ISTP the same thing as an INTJ? Yeah, I can see the cross-over, as many istps will test intj....but I agree with elfyboy on this one. I see ISTPs being 6 oft.

Jaguar

According to this, an ISTP can only be a 5 (or is usually). An ISTP the same thing as an INTJ? Yeah, I can see the cross-over, as many istps will test intj....but I agree with elfyboy on this one. I see ISTPs being 6 oft.

Do you know how to use Google? Apparently not. Sources abound, and have for years, discussing this very subject. This is not new information. It's old. I don't care who you agree with. I care about what is true. That's it.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you know how to use Google? Apparently not. Sources abound, and have for years, discussing this very subject. This is not new information. It's old. I don't care who you agree with. I care about what is true. That's it.

Not quite sure what you are talking about here, Jag, but I'm just sayin ISTPs aren't as likely to be 5's for the reasons Elfboy pointed out. 5's yes. Predominantly? Nah. Don't think so. That's all. :puppy_dog_eyes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not quite sure what you are talking about here, Jag, but I'm just sayin ISTPs aren't as likely to be 5's for the reasons Elfboy pointed out. 5's yes. Predominantly? Nah. Don't think so. That's all. :puppy_dog_eyes:

it's okay, I agree with you :hug: