• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP Motto

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
  • What is always comes before whats defined
  • I am who I am
  • To live in the moment means to not remember what you did earlier today and not have a clue what your gonna do tomorrow

Everyone has a little ISTP in them, but when someone says you are super ISTP it means you must have found the box you fit in...but to be ISTP means you really dont care...stay out of my box...only non-istps allowed...I dont believe in group mentality...I believe in my mentality...as screwed up as it is...love it or leave it.

And to be honest I wont be back to read comments, I just felt like posting this in a relevant location.:bye:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Paging [MENTION=13653]ICUP[/MENTION]

Poki, it was nice seeing you, my eagle friend. :)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
  • What is always comes before whats defined
  • I am who I am
  • To live in the moment means to not remember what you did earlier today and not have a clue what your gonna do tomorrow

Everyone has a little ISTP in them, but when someone says you are super ISTP it means you must have found the box you fit in...but to be ISTP means you really dont care...stay out of my box...only non-istps allowed...I dont believe in group mentality...I believe in my mentality...as screwed up as it is...love it or leave it.

And to be honest I wont be back to read comments, I just felt like posting this in a relevant location.:bye:

I really don't care. :)

R

Riva

ISTPs (like all IxxPs) need their area of expertise (familiar environment) to spread their wings and fly.
The ExxPs don't need areas of expertise as it is said that they are one with the world.
The ExxPs therefore (and I have noticed (me being one of them)) are more in the moment than IxxPs (ISTPs).
ESPs would find certain environments uncomfortable as they are conscious and concerned too much of it, and aggressive at times.
ENFPs would need certain things to fall in line (like ethics) to feel comfortable and maybe a touch of the Te they have would bother them from time to time.

Which type does that leave untouched of the burdens of the past, the future of the place at hand?

ENTPs are!

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paging [MENTION=13653]ICUP[/MENTION]

You think I fit this definition? LoL, I don't think I had ever really tested it before I joined here, but yes, it seems that I do have issues getting along with some other stp's. I think it may have something to do with my dad being estp....... at the same time, I find other stp's to be a little rude (no I'm not saying this to stir trouble, but to try to gain understanding), but they seem to bring out the worst in me, so I avoid them. There are some I seem to get along with okay (like Random or Kdude), others just rude-out a bit too much for me, and it stirs negative feelings. As I said, I think it may be psychologically-based as well. I really don't like communicating with anyone who sends out a lot of negative energy, and I probably take it a bit too-seriously. (Such as, unnecessarily calling people "ignorant" or shooting the rod). I think some stp's tend to treat other stp's differently than they treat others. I suppose I simply don't want to be a part of the "let's all engage in pissing contests and rude behaviors" crowd, for the most part. I don't see anything wrong with that.

In other words, it's not all stp's that I have issues with, just the ones who are imo, over-the-top with rudeness or ego-issues. There are other people here that I don't get along with either, and they have the same things going on. I tend to think it's an in-general thing, rather than an stp-thing, now that I think about it. It just so happens that some stp's fit that mold, but others don't.

In other words, I don't really agree with Poki's post, in a universal way. I think it fits for some istp's, but it's more of a personal philosophy than one that is universal. I think there is no universal definition of a "super" istp, and according to books I've read and the things that seem to make me happiest, it's actually NOT what poki has discussed, but becoming less like it. I think it just depends on the istp. Enneagram and instinctual variant must be factored-in. Now, I prepare for possible bombardment. :D

I think if you stay in your little box, for one, it offers less chances for success, in general, and that's not what I am aiming for. I'm interested in becoming interpersonally-capable, at least somewhat. When my business becomes full-swing, I am going to have to deal with people telling me their problems all day, and I am going to have to be able to deal with that, and with grace. Staying in a box is not an option.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You think I fit this definition?

I think that is something only you can say.

Feeling different from other STPs is interesting. I used to feel that way with an old member called JTG1984. He had typed himself as ISFJ when he was here and sometimes we didn't share the same opinions and preferences and definitely not demeanor. Haha I did like him though. He was quite an amusing personality and he's now Marm's current squeeze.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that is something only you can say.

Feeling different from other STPs is interesting. I used to feel that way with an old member called JTG1984. He had typed himself as ISFJ when he was here and sometimes we didn't share the same opinions and preferences and definitely not demeanor. Haha I did like him though. He was quite an amusing personality and he's now Marm's current squeeze.

Oh, wow, that's awesome. I hope Marm is doing well. :)
I wouldn't say "dislike" as much as just being intolerable to me (I know I've expressed it as "dislike" before, but I think I was in a bad mood lol)......I just can't handle certain behaviors. I don't think that makes it wrong for everyone, however, just wrong for me. :) Maybe I will get to a place where it doesn't bother me as much as it does today. I think irl, too, that people can be much more-polite, so it has something to do with the net.

I do feel more-like some istp's than others. I've also considered that maybe I am seeing myself in them, and it bothers me. Or seeing what I can be.....maybe seeing the negatives about myself in other istp's? I will give it some thought.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
You think I fit this definition? LoL, I don't think I had ever really tested it before I joined here, but yes, it seems that I do have issues getting along with some other stp's. I think it may have something to do with my dad being estp....... at the same time, I find other stp's to be a little rude (no I'm not saying this to stir trouble, but to try to gain understanding), but they seem to bring out the worst in me, so I avoid them. There are some I seem to get along with okay (like Random or Kdude), others just rude-out a bit too much for me, and it stirs negative feelings.

You're one of the rudest/negative person I know on the forum.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type has nothing to do with somebody acting disrespectful.

Well, that's true, but I think we might have different ideas of what "disrespectful" means, and sometimes people can't come together because of these things? It just seems that it happens more often for me with stp's than normal.... don't really know what this means, but I have my theories.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Well, that's true, but I think we might have different ideas of what "disrespectful" means, and sometimes people can't come together because of these things? It just seems that it happens more often for me with stp's than normal.... don't really know what this means, but I have my theories.

Anybody can act disrespectful towards another person It has nothing to do with type. People may have different morals but that's more about the individual than the persons MBTI. Most civilized people can catch on when somebody has crossed the line and has said/done something out of context.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anybody can act disrespectful towards another person It has nothing to do with type. People may have different morals but that's more about the individual than the persons MBTI. Most civilized people can catch on when somebody has crossed the line and has said/done something out of context.

Yes, I pretty much agree with you, to a certain degree. I just think the "disrespectful" part is different for everyone. Everyone has a different threshold, and different ideas on what is "disrespectful". I think some stp's can be uber-sensitive and a bit egotistical (including me sometimes). :)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Yes, I pretty much agree with you, to a certain degree. I just think the "disrespectful" part is different for everyone. Everyone has a different threshold, and different ideas on what is "disrespectful". I think some stp's can be uber-sensitive and a bit egotistical (including me sometimes). :)

I don't think ISTPs are very "sensitive" people, I think they are sensitive when somebody crosses the line they are more in tune with their environment so they might notice it more than other people. For the most part ISTPs are known to be quite emotionally stable and aloof. In terms of acting disrespectful as long as you understand the other persons boundaries and the other person understands your boundaries then that is all that matters which is not dependent on type.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think ISTPs are very "sensitive" people, I think they are sensitive when somebody crosses the line they are more in tune with their environment so they might notice it more than other people. For the most part ISTPs are known to be quite emotionally stable and aloof. In terms of acting disrespectful as long as you understand the other persons boundaries, and the other person understands your boundaries then that is all that matters which is not dependent on type.

Imo, STP's are sensitive, moreso than normal. At least the ones I have come in contact with, have been. I can't speak for all of them. I'm sure the fact that I am STP myself, changes the dynamics and offers a different perspective. I think some people probably think this about me too. Yes, I agree that if two people understand one another's boundaries, all is well. Unfortunately, I can't know everyone's boundaries, so sometimes, accidents happen. I've just found accidents to happen more often for me with other STP's.....It seems that more simple things bother STP's moreso than other types, like disagreements. I think that's my point about ego issues.... STP's seem to get into "scuffles" easily, more like a pissing match. Or they want to "one-up" each other. What do you think?

I got more into enneagrams early, and barely have any background in mbti, so.....

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Imo, STP's are sensitive, moreso than normal. At least the ones I have come in contact with, have been. I can't speak for all of them. I'm sure the fact that I am STP myself, changes the dynamics and offers a different perspective. I think some people probably think this about me too. Yes, I agree that if two people understand one another's boundaries, all is well. Unfortunately, I can't know everyone's boundaries, so sometimes, accidents happen. I've just found accidents to happen more often for me with other STP's.....It seems that more simple things bother STP's moreso than other types, like disagreements. I think that's my point about ego issues.... STP's seem to get into "scuffles" easily, more like a pissing match. Or they want to "one-up" each other. What do you think?

I got more into enneagrams early, and barely have any background in mbti, so.....

I do not know ISTPs to be sensitive at all....:)

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do not know ISTPs to be sensitive at all....:)

Yea? You haven't spent the night in my house with me and my STP dad (when that used to happen)..... :)
After thinking about it, I've come up with this:

I don't think STP's like it when other STP's or anyone else "invades their territory". Sometimes, their territory can be an area where it doesn't seem like they would mind others being, so it seems they are sensitive when they get all uptight and meltdown from it. Plus, they want to one-up each other and have pissing contests. I consider all of this to be "sensitive". STP's also like to "spread out" but they don't like other STP's or anyone else to "spread out" onto them. All of this leads one to sometimes believe they are egotistical or selfish. I think some also don't like to be disagreed with.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

Istps aren't sensitive they are quite the opposite they hate dealing with feelings their own or other peoples are you sure you are typing others properly? In terms of disagreements that doesn't have much to do with type either and more with someone maturity level. If someone is mature they would disagree and be fine with it or they would dispute it and create a constructive argument without attacking the arguer personally. Civilized people know how to argue in an objective fashion.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Istps aren't sensitive they are quite the opposite they hate dealing with feelings their own or other peoples are you sure you are typing others properly? In terms of disagreements that doesn't have much to do with type either and more with someone maturity level. If someone is mature they would disagree and be fine with it or they would dispute it and create a constructive argument without attacking the arguer personally. Civilized people know how to argue in an objective fashion.

I'm using this definition: "Quick to detect or respond to slight changes, signals, or influences: "spiders are sensitive to vibrations on their web"."