• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP is not an art appreciator

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am covertly criticizing the name of this sub-forum. Arthouse? What is that? The house that Art built?

An art house is an art studio, a place where artists hang out painting nudes, like gym dudes hanging out at the gym sculpting their bodies.

This terminology confuses the SP in general with an artistic type. I think they are usually hands on and crafty, sometimes artistic and talented, and sometimes artistic and not-so-talented.

So the ones who appreciate what the SP made belong in the arthouse?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the ones who appreciate what the SP made belong in the arthouse?

That would be a museum not an arthouse. An arthouse is a studio where artists practice their art, whether it is painting or sculpting (like gym dudes sculpting their bodies at the gym, remember).

wolfy

awsm
This terminology confuses the SP in general with an artistic type. I think they are usually hands on and crafty, sometimes artistic and talented, and sometimes artistic and not-so-talented.

It is just a play on the word artisan. Like Guardhouse for guardian. Are SJ all bodyguards? It is inconsistent though, NF Idyllic should be Idhouse and NT Rationale Rathouse.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That would be a museum not an arthouse. An arthouse is a studio where artists practice their art, whether it is painting or sculpting (like gym dudes sculpting their bodies at the gym, remember).

So who are the ones in the art house practicing art? NT's? NF's? SJ's? Which ones?

:laugh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is just a play on the word artisan. Like Guardhouse for guardian. Are SJ all bodyguards? It is inconsistent though, NF Idyllic should be Idhouse and NT Rationale Rathouse.

:laugh:

Yeah, I read once that SJ's are less likely to appreciate guards. I don't understand that.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mal, they just added a new smiley, could be useful for you in this case......

:uwin:

A

Anew Leaf

mal's "arguments" are kind of like cotton candy. spun out of thin air by magic, have no substance, and leave your teeth stuck together.

in other news, i am grateful for the magical awesomeness that is the ISFP so long as I am appreciating their artwork and not their ability to drive me insane with 1000 texts a day in regards to their lunch.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
mal's "arguments" are kind of like cotton candy. spun out of thin air by magic, have no substance, and leave your teeth stuck together.

in other news, i am grateful for the magical awesomeness that is the ISFP so long as I am appreciating their artwork and not their ability to drive me insane with 1000 texts a day in regards to their lunch.

ISFP's are usually arts and crafts types. Woodworking, embroidery, machine shop, calligraphy, things of that nature. If they have the talent and the desire, they may become artists. Many skills are called arts, but without actually being part of that small sub-division of talents possessed by artists.

Cotton candy, by the way, doesn't leave your teeth stuck together.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
When I think of the word Art, I think of pretense and snobbery, "symbolism" and weirdo beardo N stuff, especially modern art.

KDude

I should retype ISFP, and then post art and blog about things I read. That'll show you.

GreenElf

MBTI Type
Ixxp
Enneagram
An ISFP may incline to participating in art rather than being a consumer, or appreciator, of the end product, which often just winds up being some ExTJ's status symbol.