• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP rebels

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are ISTPs ninja rebels?

Are they always rebelling without anyone really knowing or realizing it or is that INTPs?

R

Riva

The way I've seen it, ISTPs rebel when they are frustrated with something/some situation. Other than that they would rebel due to hedonistic reasons. They want external stimuli. If doing drugs would give them the kick, they would do it even at school. Something of that sort.

On the other hand, INTPs are rule breakers just for the thrill of breaking the rules.

ISTPs - Need a reason to break the rules. (Ni)
INTPs - breaking the rule is the reason to break the rule. (Ne)

LeftKick

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5 sp
I suppose I could be considered passive/rebellious (instead of passive/aggressive). I get told I look like I'm up to something or up to no good a lot. I suppose it's true to a point. It's my default setting. I don't try to be rebellious, I just kinda am.

R

Riva

I suppose I could be considered passive/rebellious (instead of passive/aggressive). I get told I look like I'm up to something or up to no good a lot. I suppose it's true to a point. It's my default setting. I don't try to be rebellious, I just kinda am.

:laugh:

Yes, ISTPs have that 'I'm upto something sneaky' look. They have a 'I'm a career crook' look too. ;)

LEGERdeMAIN

Are ISTPs ninja rebels?

Are they always rebelling without anyone really knowing or realizing it or is that INTPs?

Not sure. I just do what I want. Rebelling against certain people, places, institutions and cold cereal is a part of who I am. I don't necessarily need a reason, but when I do have a reason I am like Rayden + Bruce Lee + Robert Lee + Guitar Wolf + Che Guevara COMBINE.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IDK, I think I rebel without knowing I am rebelling.....
Have actually been thinking about it a bit.
I think I am a rebel in some ways, without trying or really feeling it. Sometimes I just stand for what I believe in, and some people call it rebellion, because it appears to be. And sometimes I am very at ease with what I stand for, as in, I'm not angry or feel strongly about it. It just is, and it happens to be labeled a more rebellious stance or opinion.

As far as rebelling without anyone really knowing it or realizing it, I think I used to do that all the time.....not so much now. It's fun to be sneaky. I pretty-much lived it in my teens/20's...... I was supposed to be the "smart", "good"-girl type, but I had a very dark side hahahahahahahahahahaha, which actually became more obvious later, in my 20's. I've actually integrated the two now, and I find that maintaining two separate identities was quite unhealthy for my psyche.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I don't rebel on purpose. I just do want I want. If others have a problem with it, that's not my fault. :whistling:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I asked my ISTP about this last night. He told me that he doesn't see himself as rebelling or doing anything just for the sake of being deemed rebellious.

He simply acts on his own whim regardless of how it is perceived by others, society, or the law. He has no problem following the status quo as long as it appeals to him, ie makes sense. But this is rarely the case as he sees large numbers of people as insane, tribal-collective mentality as dangerous, and many rules in place not because they make sense but because they result in revenue collecting and control. He abhors social expecations and norms for the most part.

He sees no reason to take strong stands against society as it usually entails more bullshit and aflliliations with yet another mob mentality. He finds the most productive and unproblematic way to retain freedom is to keep a distance from most people unelss they follow the same line of thought. His best friends are other ISTP's and ESTP's.

He also has a morbid sense of humor and I have to chastise him freqently for laughing when a parapalegic falls off their hover-round, a 7 year old biffs it on their bike, or when some idiot playing with guns shoots their foot off. At the same time I have caught him doing extremely kind, humanitarian actions.

In a way I kinda admire the sense of equality he holds. He doesn't look down or up to anyone. He is extremely non-judgemental.. It doesn't even occur to him to judge people based on apparance, status, money, intelligence, or social skills. He's definately one of the most authentic people I've come across, and I think this links back to him giving a rats ass about how he is perceived.

ISTP's are cool cats, to be sure.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are all ISTPs so fiercely independent?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I asked my ISTP about this last night. He told me that he doesn't see himself as rebelling or doing anything just for the sake of being deemed rebellious.

He simply acts on his own whim regardless of how it is perceived by others, society, or the law. He has no problem following the status quo as long as it appeals to him, ie makes sense. But this is rarely the case as he sees large numbers of people as insane, tribal-collective mentality as dangerous, and many rules in place not because they make sense but because they result in revenue collecting and control. He abhors social expecations and norms for the most part.

He sees no reason to take strong stands against society as it usually entails more bullshit and aflliliations with yet another mob mentality. He finds the most productive and unproblematic way to retain freedom is to keep a distance from most people unelss they follow the same line of thought. His best friends are other ISTP's and ESTP's.

He also has a morbid sense of humor and I have to chastise him freqently for laughing when a parapalegic falls off their hover-round, a 7 year old biffs it on their bike, or when some idiot playing with guns shoots their foot off. At the same time I have caught him doing extremely kind, humanitarian actions.

In a way I kinda admire the sense of equality he holds. He doesn't look down or up to anyone. He is extremely non-judgemental.. It doesn't even occur to him to judge people based on apparance, status, money, intelligence, or social skills. He's definately one of the most authentic people I've come across, and I think this links back to him giving a rats ass about how he is perceived.

ISTP's are cool cats, to be sure.

He sounds like an enneatype 5.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
He also has a morbid sense of humor and I have to chastise him freqently for laughing when a parapalegic falls off their hover-round, a 7 year old biffs it on their bike, or when some idiot playing with guns shoots their foot off.

:laugh:

I love when this shit happens. I remember being at a park, and this overexcited little boy wanted to impress his friends by sledding down the muddy hill (it had recently rained) on a piece of cardboard. Well, when he did it, he slid about three feet on the cardboard until his body slipped off of it, and at that point he continued to slide another couple of feet on his belly alone with his face pointed directly toward the Earth. When he finally emerged, he had a mouthful of dirt and was sobbing. I burst out laughing!

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Are all ISTPs so fiercely independent?

I don't think so, but a value for freedom and space is definitely it aka they would probably ask for help or assistance within a proper healthy environment.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think so, but a value for freedom and space is definitely it aka they would probably ask for help or assistance within a proper healthy environment.

I like that style. <3

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He has no problem following the status quo as long as it appeals to him, ie makes sense.
This is my philosophy. I think rebelling for the sake of rebelling is dumb. I don't consider myself a rebel. I dislike the similar hipster mentality as well.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is my philosophy. I think rebelling for the sake of rebelling is dumb. I don't consider myself a rebel. I dislike the similar hipster mentality as well.

I think it's wanna-be ha. :) I couldn't rebel just for the sake of it. I would feel very dumb, too, and embarrassed.

-------------------
I'm not sure if I would call that what intp's do though.... is it?

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Are ISTPs ninja rebels?

:ninja: :harley:

As others have said, I wouldn't rebel for the sake of it - but I am also much more likely to fly under the radar with whatever I do if it comes to doing so, aye.

Also, oftentimes when I have "rebelled" it's been a matter of practicality.

Minor example from my childhood: "Hmm, this private property would cut an hour off of my commute to school. :thinking: *cuts through property via mountain bike* *avoids security cameras*"

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I'm not independent in the sense that I've pretty much never completely fended for myself in my life and I think the longest I've been alone is somewhere around a month. Also, I prefer to be in a relationship than without. And honestly, I'd like to shirk most any responsibility I can get away with.
Then again, I suppose I have something of an independent mind. If I didn't, I'd probably be a Bible-thumping racist conservative content with mediocrity.