• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP rebels

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTPs - Need a reason to break the rules. (Ni)
INTPs - breaking the rule is the reason to break the rule. (Ne)

I think rebelling for the sake of rebelling is dumb. I don't consider myself a rebel. I dislike the similar hipster mentality as well.

Ni=Rebel with a cause
Ne=Hipster

I see how it is :D

Anyway, it seems that ISTPs rebel against things but aren't rebels at the same time. Some of them just like to do what they like (and if there's some sort of rule that gets in the way, then whateva....) But they are all 100% ninjas, of course :ninja:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni=Rebel with a cause
Ne=Hipster

I see how it is :D
I am sure you won't sleep tonight knowing what us istp's think about hipsters hahaha..... I think it's more of a feeling that stops me from rebelling just for the sake of it, actually. It feels more stupid than it actually is when I think about it, for me. It's just not me, and there are feelings there that tell me that, when I try it, if that makes sense.

Either way, there is some truth to the hipster way-of-being, and I agree with many of them on certain topics.

Anyway, it seems that ISTPs rebel against things but aren't rebels at the same time. Some of them just like to do what they like (and if there's some sort of rule that gets in the way, then whateva....) But they are all 100% ninjas, of course :ninja:

True.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is my philosophy. I think rebelling for the sake of rebelling is dumb. I don't consider myself a rebel. I dislike the similar hipster mentality as well.

+1.

I guess standing your ground on certain points will garner this reputation of being a rebel. This is probably true for all types but maybe more noticeable with ISTP? IDK. So maybe when we dig our heels in it's more apparent because we aren't going to budge. It's opposite of our normal day to day disposition.

But a rebel without support or empathy is just a troublemaking a**hole. Pick your battles.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i agree with what has mostly been said. Mostly I just do what I want when I want. Rules and laws and stuff don't really come into it. I have my own morals and I go by them. So I would say i'm not a rebel. Hedonistic-yes. Rebel- no. But then others will perceive what they want to anyway.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am ISTP and I developed a very complicated philosophy of partially about breaking the rules that was inspired by the writings of Nikola Tesla in his essay Man's Greatest Achievement. Here is mine:

The Holy Grail of Merlin is the Divine Destiny, channeling the electrical vortices of the luminous waters of the living Force of Creation, forging and annihilating material substances in eternally whirling cycles, harnessing the unlimited energies of stellar alchemical wizardry, harmoniously orchestrating superstring symphonies, humbly awakening to all perspectives of the multidimensional relativistic reality, magically manifesting dreams by focused willpower into the shape shifting physical world of infinite evolutionary transformations, hacking the codifications of the Akashic Records, the Luminiferous Ether, the Universal Supercomputer, the Mind of God, destroying old laws and programming new laws into the Omniversal Existential Game, taming the Storm Dragon of Hell, seeking the Higher Balance of Heaven, crowning man beside Master Melchizedek, the Cosmic Creator, the Ultimate Architect, the Archmage Arcanum Archon.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ISTP's are rebels because they're competent enough to do whatever the hell they want and don't need help from anyone (70% of the time). In certain ways that is construed as rebellious to personalities that like to do things "by the book." Also, ISTP's are indifferent to most people, so this will tend to piss off the more narcissistic personalities who demand everyone recognize their presence.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't fuck with my ability to do what I need to do to get a job done and we are good. Otherwise, we may have some problems. I dont do " micro-managing". Other than that, I couldn't give a damn about most things. Let it be. End of story.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1.

I guess standing your ground on certain points will garner this reputation of being a rebel. This is probably true for all types but maybe more noticeable with ISTP? IDK. So maybe when we dig our heels in it's more apparent because we aren't going to budge. It's opposite of our normal day to day disposition.

But a rebel without support or empathy is just a troublemaking a**hole. Pick your battles.

:yes:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now that I think about it, ESTPs I know have more of a rebellious bone then I do. Half the time it just aint worth it. Most people go about the world with opinions they hold as truth and they knock the other persons opinion. Its like a pissing fight where the rebellious person doesnt even realize they are pissing back. I am actually the most rebellious against these types of people...those who are highly opinionated, highly judgemental, and hold things very highly as "right/wrong" or "true/false" whether it is the under dog or the group. For some reason I dont like that heated/opinionated stuff whether it be the group or a rebellious person against the group.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't rebel on purpose. I just do want I want. If others have a problem with it, that's not my fault. :whistling:

That is exactly what I was going to respond. Excellent words Mae.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only losers follow the rules just because everyone else is.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Only losers follow the rules just because everyone else is.

The words of a leader...as he turns to his followers and says "I am talking about everyone else, not you"...your not losers :doh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not rebelling. It's just doing what you want to when you want to. Outright rebellion/stubborn opposition is reserved for special circumstances where i have to deal with people who throw out logic and common sense as communicative tools. By that point it's too far gone.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think most of what I would say has been said. I am not a rebel... on purpose.

Wanna go break 100 on my motorcycle?

:nice: Its not about rebeling..its about doing what you want.

The difference, a rebel breaks the rules just to break the rules, when the rule goes away the rebel stops. ISTPs do what they want irregardless of the rules. Sometimes we follow them sometimes we dont, but it has nothing to do with rules, its all about us. We are selfish that way.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Be a rebel. Break the laws of existence. Make it dance as you sing! Command and control it as you make the rules rather than follow them!

My favorite ISTP rebel:

Proffesor Crackpot

MBTI Type
~NTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP make the best rebels until they get one upped by an ESTP, then an INTP and then an ENTP....

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I rebel because in essence i'm a sensation whore and If something gets me off to experience something knew I'll do it within reason.