• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP rebels

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't rebel on purpose. I just do want I want. If others have a problem with it, that's not my fault. :whistling:

I say this as well, like xisnot said, as this may or may not involve rebelling against society, but even if it does, ISTPs don't give a crap.

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
ISTPs - Need a reason to break the rules. (Ni)
INTPs - breaking the rule is the reason to break the rule. (Ne)

I'm INTP and my husband is ISTP, and I almost agree with this. Almost.

My husband have very strong moral principles (or wherever these ideas/obsessions come from) and if they are violated he becomes furious. If people don't follow traffic rules etc.

For myself, I think it's a bit unfair to say that I break rules for the sake of breaking them. I just don't care much for rules. Or routines.
On one hand I appreciate systems, processes that run smoothly. Like traffic - when everyone is following the rules.
And on the other hand I can definitely feel the urge to break rules in a very flagrant and visible way, just to demonstrate that I bloody well don't care...
(Fortunately seldom in traffic, but more on a personal level...).

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
Are ISTPs ninja rebels?

Are they always rebelling without anyone really knowing or realizing it or is that INTPs?

Seems like an ISTP/ESTP thing only with ESTPs rebellion is less subtle since ESTPs rarely hesitate to ask aggressive individuals who try to shove the everybody else is doing it thing down their throats how do I know that? and send them packing

KDude

When I was younger, most of my rebellion was directed towards the adult world, but most of it since 17ish or so is rebellious in general, I guess. I'm not really down with a lot of peer activities/interests in the same way I would have told a school principal off. It's about rebellion in some cliché "bad" way, but just rebellious against everything I find stupid. Even if the people are technically "cooler" or "younger" than me. I'd rather just call myself a critic, I guess. Not a rebel.