• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] 10 Signs that you are an ISTP

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
10 signs that you are an ISTP (in no particular order).

1. Every time you see Briggs Myers you think of Briggs & Stratton.

2. You own a tool for every occasion.

3. When you were young you wanted to be a: master thief, assassin, ninja, pilot, race car driver, etc.

4. You are actually happy when your computer breaks because you get to fix it.

5. Contrary to# 4, you get tired of your friend, aunt, uncle. etc. asking you to fix their computer, TV, etc. for the millionth time.

6. Although to strangers you appear to be a risk taker, you know that everything is under control.

7. Get extremely annoyed when unwelcome people invade your space.

8. Anger is fleeting. You occasionally get very angry but it quickly dissipates.

9. You do what you want, when you want, how you want, but would never infringe on another person ability to do the same.

10. Although you aren't always a nice person, you are a good person.

(11. You're not good at following arbitrary rules.)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently I'm only 40% ISTP. Tragic. :laugh:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The last 4, interestingly (I didn't count 11).

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
1 - i can leave this blank if i want to.

2 - you're good in bed -Lookin4theBestNU

3 - you've made your own explosives/projectiles/napalm

4 - you think the whole MBTI "types" thing is dumb

5 - the only way most people can entertain you is if you're getting a rise out of them

6 - your favorite word is "why?"

7 - you think a blank stare is an adequate response to anything

8 - anything that that involves machinery spinning at high RPMs makes you drool

9 - you think signs, curbs, and lines on the road are more of a suggestion

10 - you'd buy a jetpack without thinking twice

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
1 - i can leave this blank if i want to.

2 - you're good in bed -Lookin4theBestNU

4 - you think the whole MBTI "types" thing is dumb

Bravo! I might have to append these to my list. Especially numbers 6 and 7.

12 - Have a fondness for dogs.

Last edited:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Haha, I get in trouble for these two alll the time.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Adventure, boats, weapons and loot. Yeah, it counts.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I can relate to most of that stuff, actually.
However, I am way too useless to be an ISTP. Like in, touching something and it instantly stops working.

Nonsense. I break things constantly. How do you think I learned to fix them?:devil:

lastrailway

Nonsense. I break things constantly. How do you think I learned to fix them?:devil:

Haha, that's what happened with my first computer. After managing to connect the monitor with the pins upside-down (and to whoever has heard that this isn't possible: everything is possible)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Haha, that's what happened with my first computer. After managing to connect the monitor with the pins upside-down (and to whoever has heard that this isn't possible: everything is possible)

I used to be a hardware tech and accidentally mangled things all the time. So I believe you because I know that anything is possible.

Incidentally, I once did a very similar thing while replacing a CPU. Man, I was angry but I learned from the experience and became very good at replacing CPUs.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Just a piece of advice, you will learn by doing. So go break something and then fix it. :D

lastrailway

Just a piece of advice, you will learn by doing. So go break something and then fix it. :D

I somehow doubt whether my flatmates and people at work would be extremely happy if I followed this advice, however, I like the idea :D

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I somehow doubt whether my flatmates and people at work would be extremely happy if I followed this advice, however, I like the idea :D

Good point. :cheers:

What can I say? My friends are so destructive that I don't have to create my own "learning opportunities".

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Back to the OP for a second. I just thought of one:

You actually like turbulence because it makes flying more fun.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
zz

How about breaking things just because they've frustrated you enough after trying to fix them? And people count... although, it's more a fixing of logic. That is, assuming that you cared enough to try and don't just break people to shut them down.. :doh: or break them while caring about them, though they'd have no idea. :thelook: zz

And you refuse to be typed. Even after you agree you're likely an ISTP, if you've verbalised it. Because who gives a fuck? -- "No-" zzzz

---"Why?"

I curse you peoples! :wubbie: