• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] (ISTP)......

Illmatic

well when i read a description for an ISTP...they always seem like angry people, like people that rarely smile or have fun..

I'm asking the ISTP's here how you are/were during you're high school life/current life etc. Did you socialize a lot and have fun in high school?

I'm a ISXP...undecided still searching but i am probably ISFP anyways in my school, i'm pretty confident because i know the people a lot (this is my last year though) so i can comunicate like an extrovert really but outside i'm probably one of the most quietest people you'll meet. I always smile at people in the streets and stuff but yeahh....

I'm just aksing how you ISTP's are genreally.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I wasn't aware of that perception of ISTPs. My Dad's an ISTP an is a gregarious, easy-going guy who's always joking around, so that's how I tend to think of the type. :)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
well when i read a description for an ISTP...they always seem like angry people, like people that rarely smile or have fun..

No, that's the INTJ. hahahahahha.

ISTPs like to focus on their projects. They can be quiet, broody, and intense. Otherwise, at least as far as I know from myself, I certainly like to muck about.

In high school I was (generally) quiet and kept to myself, but with people I knew I was more talkative. I don't smile at random people at the streets all that often, but I've always noticed a correlation between smaller towns and that sort of behavior. People in the city don't tend to smile at everyone they see. I don't know if that is related to type, and that's just my experience.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In high school I was very quiet but friendly. I wasn't shy but I just kept to myself most of the time. I didn't have one specific group of friends that I belonged to but managed to flit between a couple groups as a periphery. Which was fine by me. I was looking to get out quickly.

I don't think anyone peaks in high school. Anyone's best is yet to come. Regardless of type, your early-mid twenties is where you will spread out and get wild, make lots of mistakes, learn lessons, have fun and hate life at the same time. :)