• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Aight scenario what would yo do?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ignore, in both scenarios. I'd probably GTFO in the first one, though, since crazies in the streets can be potentially violent. In the second, I'd probably just drive as far away from them as possible. Don't need anyone pulling a gun on me or otherwise damaging my car.

Ignore them run away, possibly squeaking and flapping my arms in terror.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Actually, depending on the day, I might get into a little spat with the asshat in the car. Most of the time, though, I'd probably ignore.

A

A window to the soul

Aight so you're walking somewhere (can be anywhere) and as you're walking some fool you've never met screams out something at you (can be anything) to try and insult you. What are you going to do? Just gonna ignore them and keep walking or say something back?

I'll naturally assume it wasn't directed at me, but if there's no denying it, I'll definitely laugh at the fools over-reaction, say "thanks a lot", and blow a kiss for the road.

Edit: I just noticed this thread is in the SP forum. Details. :\

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
Depends on my mood. Lately I showed the middle finger and made an angry face. It worked - the insulter was startled because before people ran away. :alttongue:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ignore them run away, possibly squeaking and flapping my arms in terror.

Best answer so far.

I think what Senza was *trying* to say - is that they would take the "I'm crazier than you" approach thereby scaring the person yelling and neuralizing any potenial threat.

Right, Senza? Right?

:p

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Keep walking. Say nothing. Pretend I didn't hear. Stare at the pavement.

Actually, that's what I do when ANYONE says stuff to me in public. Not just an insult.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the nuances of ignoring people are important. If the people are actually aggresive and possibly dangerous, it's important not to look like a target unless they want to circle around again. In which case eye contact but no facial response is good enough not to look like prey, but not goading enough to take it as a challenge.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think the nuances of ignoring people are important. If the people are actually aggresive and possibly dangerous, it's important not to look like a target unless they want to circle around again. In which case eye contact but no facial response is good enough not to look like prey, but not goading enough to take it as a challenge.

Yeah, that's why you neither provoke them nor flail around and panic. If it seems like you're going somewhere else with purpose while blatantly ignoring them, then they assume that you have some sort of plan/are currently concocting a plan, and that makes you a less desirable target.

If you give the impression of having some level of wherewithal, you are less likely to get attacked.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Aight so you're walking somewhere (can be anywhere) and as you're walking some fool you've never met screams out something at you (can be anything) to try and insult you. What are you going to do? Just gonna ignore them and keep walking or say something back?

I think my only respose would be fuck you. Unless they tried to attack me physically, pretty straightforward. Ive incountrered some douche bags who appear to be on drugs the best best is to walk away, unless there is some form of physical threat. A good example would be this one time when a big dog was loose on my street as i was walking home. I was actually walking in his direction but on the other side of the road. I heard him growling but I knew If i ran he would chase after me so I simply walked at the same pace without making eye contact and the dog just ignored me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Illmatic, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to insult you, i just REALLY needed directions to the bathroom. Next time I'll try not to scream so loud. :blush:

mountainofdew

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
If on foot and some random person randomly started yelling at me: I would ignore, and put my hand into physical contact with my knife and consider a safer route to get where I want to go. In a car with my dad I worry about him turning all road rage. If someone gets mad at me while driving and flips me off: I may start laughing and will wave, or just give them a puzzled look, or ignore. Besides considering my own safety, and the people I'm with, I don't care if some random blowhard gets upset. It's a total waste of time, and way too much stress.