• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs are actually rare?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Upon a nightowl googling marathon (we all have them, don't judge), I found out that ESTPs make up only 4.3% of the whole population.

And it turns out that the OMFGIMUNIQUE types (INFP and ENFP) are actually more common. :yay:

ISTPs are pretty uncommon as well - only 5.3% or so.

So, does this strike you as a surprise? Do you feel like xSTPs are uncommon. LIKE BEING SPECIAL*??

* = SPECIAL. Not "...."special"..."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sure you're not NFP? :coffee:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mr. Cockburn,

We are the rarest of the Sensors for sure.
I know many ESFPs and ENTPs, but few ESTPs and ENTJs.
It's a hard job, but somehow has to do it, right?

:newwink:

-Alex

R

Riva

I think ISxPs are the rarest sensor type. When it comes to males there are quite a lot of ESTPs. ESTP>ISTP>ISFP. This is of course in the male population.

ISTP men are scary
ISTP women are hot
ESTP women are also hot and fun
ESTP men are witty and fun (but a bit too foul mouthed)
ISFP men are unnoticeable
ISFP women are also unnoticeable. (Unless of course they have big jugs.)

R

Riva

^ Oooops I got it wrong. From what I have noticed in male population - ISTP>ESTP>ISFP, In female population - ESTP>ISFP>ISTP.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I have only met one other ESTP in my life, he was head of security at my old job.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Upon a nightowl googling marathon (we all have them, don't judge), I found out that ESTPs make up only 4.3% of the whole population.

And it turns out that the OMFGIMUNIQUE types (INFP and ENFP) are actually more common. :yay:

So, does this strike you as a surprise? Do you feel like xSTPs are uncommon. LIKE BEING SPECIAL*??

I thought you were an ENTP? Either way, I definitely buy this. I don't run into xstp's very often.

R

Riva

I'm pretty sure you must have met more. It's that we don't categorize people in to types as soon as we meet them or even though we've known them for long. We notice only the most noticeable/ obvious people we can type. And I'm sure I must have met a lot of INFXs in my life. It's that I've not noticed or not being abled to categorize them.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty sure you must have met more. It's that we don't categorize people in to types as soon as we meet them or even though we've known them for long. We notice only the most noticeable/ obvious people we can type. And I'm sure I must have met a lot of INFXs in my life. It's that I've not noticed or not being abled to categorize them.

I think of xstp as all being Halla style. I think that's why I don't identify them easily, personally. :D

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think at least one of my friends is an ISTP, though I'm not sure (I'm usually not "sure" of people's type). Cool guy. Weird sense of humour, likes guns and bikes, pretty laid back, sometimes a bit too much, I think, and he has a more flexible attitude to morality than I do... He opened up to me a handful of times about feeling insecure/alone/stressed/whatever, which I found touching because I doubt he does that much with anyone.

I have met a lot of people behaving like stereotypical ESFPs but I'm sure a lot of them are other types. I'm also pretty sure some of them are ESFPs, though, and I think one of my good friends may be one. ESTPs...well...I'm not sure if I know any IRL. Maybe, maybe not. I kind of want to meet one. ;)

Not sure if I know or have known any ENTJs. Definitely an ENTP or two, but I'm less sure about ENTJ.

R

Riva

Have you met Halla in real life? It's not going to be easy to find people common to someone you've never met.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you met Halla in real life? It's not going to be easy to find people common to someone you've never met.

I haven't met Halla in real life, but I would love to :D

I think I would be disappointed if other ESTPs proved to be less cool/force of nature than Halla, though. ;)

EDIT: Ah, just realised you were probably asking shortandsweet. But I weighed in too. ;)

R

Riva

I haven't met Halla in real life, but I would love to :D

I think I would be disappointed if other ESTPs proved to be less cool/force of nature than Halla, though. ;)

ESTPs...well...I'm not sure if I know any IRL. Maybe, maybe not. I kind of want to meet one. ;)

That question was directed at shortnsweet. Be very very careful what you wish for. I mean wanting to meet an ESTP. If you meet an ESTP you've most likely end up, you know...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

No. It's not exactly like I compare the people to Halla either. But I'm more likely to be able to pick out a more intense, vivacious ESTP. I just wanted to pick someone that we all knew here instead of listing all the qualities.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ESTP women are rarer than NFP women, but NFP men are much rarer than ESTP men (NF is the rarest male archtype)

R

Riva

I have met a lot of people behaving like stereotypical ESFPs but I'm sure a lot of them are other types. I'm also pretty sure some of them are ESFPs, though, and I think one of my good friends may be one. ESTPs...well...I'm not sure if I know any IRL. Maybe, maybe not. I kind of want to meet one.
A lot of XSTPs give the appearance of being ESFPs when they are in fun loving moods. Especially ISTPs especially when they open up. They go crazy. When they are (ISTPs) let their defenses down they act like clowns. And then they go back to their heads again and forget about you.

R

Riva

No. It's not exactly like I compare the people to Halla either. But I'm more likely to be able to pick out a more intense, vivacious ESTP. I just wanted to pick someone that we all knew here instead of listing all the qualities.

Unless otherwise Halla is pissed he acts very much like an ESFP. Only when he is pissed he shows his true XSTP colours which tend to be extremely edgy. But most of the time he behaves like an ESFP. He is mellow, fun, crazy and a bit more open than ESTPs tend to be. (I believe it's because of a forum he comes here to pour his inner thoughts out, or maybe because he is older than the ESTPs I know/associate/and the other ESTPs in the forum, or he must have simply matured with his age.)

He behaves like a stereotypical ESFP.

Whatever gives the stereotypical ESTP vibe. Aha!!! That's a good example.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A lot of XSTPs give the appearance of being ESFPs when they are in fun loving moods. Especially ISTPs especially when they open up. They go crazy. When they are (ISTPs) let their defenses down they act like clowns. And then they go back to their heads again and forget about you.

Yeah, I can imagine. I have a feeling though that a lot of the wannabe-ESFPs I've met in recent years are ESFJs, as well.