• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs are actually rare?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unless otherwise Halla is pissed he acts very much like an ESFP. Only when he is pissed he shows his true XSTP colours which tend to be extremely edgy. But most of the time he behaves like an ESFP. He is mellow, fun, crazy and a bit more open than ESTPs tend to be. (I believe it's because of a forum and he comes here to pour his inner thoughts out.) He behaves like a stereotypical ESFP.

Hmm.. So stereotypical ESTP's seem pissed? :thelook:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I can imagine. I have a feeling though that a lot of the wannabe-ESFPs I've met in recent years are ESFJs, as well.

Yeah, I noticed that, too.... It's easy to tell the difference on that one, though.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I noticed that, too.... It's easy to tell the difference on that one, though.

When you get a bit more experience. ;) I can think of one or two specific people I made that mistake with and eventually figured out that they were probably ESFJ rather than ESFP. But I find it hard to tell when you've got a bunch of people all together who don't seem to want to talk about ANYTHING except drinking, partying and their oh-so-hot social lives. :shock: I think there you only have a chance if you get them away from the crowd.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you get a bit more experience. ;) I can think of one or two specific people I made that mistake with and eventually figured out that they were probably ESFJ rather than ESFP. But I find it hard to tell when you've got a bunch of people all together who don't seem to want to talk about ANYTHING except drinking, partying and their oh-so-hot social lives. :shock: I think there you only have a chance if you get them away from the crowd.

Oh, no, I can tell. That's because I am an ESFP though. I can easier tell other ESFP's and distiguish the one letter offs. (This is probably true for other people with their one letter off counterparts as well.)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh shit...an NFP's here!! I meant "no offense to any NFPs who see this". :cheese:

(I might be ENFP)

...what is it with everyone shaking in their boots lately when they see an enfp? :shock:

I aint going to bite...much. Just a nibble on your ankle, promise.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, no, I can tell. That's because I am an ESFP though. I can easier tell other ESFP's and distiguish the one letter offs. (This is probably true for other people with their one letter off counterparts as well.)

To be honest, I don't think I'm that great at typing people generally. But sometimes it really does just leap out at you. I find that with some people the MBTI type leaps out, and with others the enneagram type, but seldom both.

I guess generally it may be easier to tell if the person is of your type, or a somewhat similar one. But I sometimes (often) have made the mistake of thinking that someone I really like or really get along well with must be my type or very close, and ultimately figure out they're something quite different. A bit of a learning experience, really.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's not what I meant. you can see the difference between an ESFP and an ESTP easily when they are crossed. That's kind-of-what-I meant.

Yea, that's probably true.

R

Riva

Yea, that's probably true.

Oh and you can also easily see the difference between an ESTP and and ENTP when you piss them off. I don't recommend this tactic to identify/ distinguish people unless you are a ENTP ;).

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh and you can also easily see the difference between an ESTP and and ENTP when you piss them off. I don't recommend this tactic to identify/ distinguish people unless you are a ENTP ;).

It's slightly easier to tell in their normal state though, I think. ESXP is more difficult when people are acting pure Se/ at a party or something. (Like silk road mentioned.)

R

Riva

It's slightly easier to tell in their normal state though, I think. ESXP is more difficult when people are acting pure Se/ at a party or something. (Like silk road mentioned.)

Yes I think it's because ENTPs have way more pheromones. ;)

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
"ESTPs make up only 4.3% of the whole population." [CITATION NEEDED]

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On the surface I can easily mistake ESFP for ESFJ and vice versa. It's not until I get to know them well that I can tell them apart. I have seen cases of both being preoccupied with their social lives, although not all do this, but it takes much more for me to observe of them to really know the difference.

But to get back to the OP topic, that's amazing that ESTPs are so uncommon, especially considering that they tend to stand out so much. They're like a bright flash of light so that can give the false impression that they are common. Even more amazing is that within the SP temperament most of the SPs appear to be Feelers!

That said on the surface I'm more inclined to mistake ESTP for ExTJ than I am to mistake ESTP for ENTP.

R

Riva

But to get back to the OP topic, that's amazing that ESTPs are so uncommon, especially considering that they tend to stand out so much.
Gosh from where did these fellows come from. madly in love with ESTPs they are.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gosh from where did these fellows come from. madly in love with ESTPs they are.

I never said that. :p
I see their strengths and weaknesses.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Giggly, ignore him, he be jelly.

R

Riva

Giggly, ignore him, he be jelly.
I don't even know what it means.

Giggly you should date someone like me. I'm way more loving and caring. ESTPs just want to get laid. Well I just want to get laid too. But I'll love you more while you're mine ;).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
See, he be jelly :laugh: