• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESTP/ESFP & ENTJ differences.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are probably threads on this but I couldn't be bothered to flip back and see so I'll just make my own.

What I'm really curious is how Se + Ti works for you ESTPs, because it can give an illusion of Te.

Or maybe I'm just an Se + Te ESFP.

What are the differences as to these 2/3 types, and how exactly does Se + Ti work for ESTPs?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't speak much for ESTP's.. (Don't know many well.) From what I've observed of the ENTJ's I know, they are more goal and future oriented, and we are more in the present moment. So, we think about what's going on right now and sometimes how it may fit into our future. (Sometimes not if we're undeveloped, instead we'll just be listless and silly and go nowhere in life.)

ENTJ's have their head in the future with the knowledge that they need to sometimes come back to the present moment to make the most out of life, or coming back to what they need to do in the present moment to attain the future. Goals first, present second. An underveloped ENTJ will just be ruthless in achieving their goals, perhaps using other people or not considering anything else.

I relate a lot to the developed NTJ's that I know. Seems like a lot of times we're on the same page with a different spin.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP - imagine a racecar that has only one speed: fast.
ESFP - imagine the same racecar but pink with pretty flower decals all over it.
ENTJ - imagine a monster truck rolling over the pink racecar with the pretty flowers.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w8 - imagine a racecar that has only one speed: fast.
7w6 - imagine the same racecar but pink with pretty flower decals all over it.
8w7 - imagine a monster truck rolling over the pink racecar with the pretty flowers.

fixed :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really appear to be very Te-ish I don't think :unsure:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol it is said that Se + Ti = Te in the way that it is applicable to real systems, as in, it needs to be real and applicable to IRL

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Originally Posted by mal12345
7w8 - imagine a racecar that has only one speed: fast.
7w6 - imagine the same racecar but pink with pretty flower decals all over it.
8w7 - imagine a monster truck rolling over the pink racecar with the pretty flowers.

fixed :laugh:

Try again! :smile:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se in general wants to make an impact. So to use Se it can look Te because you are completing an action in the real world. I see Ti in ESTP's used in a very different light. I see them use Ti for people, rather than things or ideas. For instance, my ESTP friend used to play beer pong. He got very good. Made a lot of money betting on games. He would regularly win $200-400 on a game. He got bored with it. He then decided to make money and host the tourneys. So really, what looks like a Te action in starting a business it was probably more his Se being bored with mastering the basics. I see ESTP's use Ti to negotiate and systemize people to predict their attitudes and reactions.

The main difference I see between ESTP and ENTJ in this sense of multi-tasking. Te doms are multi-tasking geniuses. They think big picture first then narrow down. Se doms are more singularly focused. They are instant gratification. Worry about right here, right now. Let's expand on it later. I know this is vague but I'm just thinking of my two friends. They have a similar "go-get-em" swagger but they go about it very differently. Also, ESTP's always seem to have an element of risk to their endeavors. ENTJ's are much more tried and true. They'll make a good thing better.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP - imagine a racecar that has only one speed: fast.
ESFP - imagine the same racecar but pink with pretty flower decals all over it.
ENTJ - imagine a monster truck rolling over the pink racecar with the pretty flowers.

I'm not into monster truck shows, but if "steamrolling" is the correct term for it, then ok.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will provide a very thorough answer to this soon, I promise.
You've posed an interesting question.
I am an ESTP, my friend Jack is an ESFP, and my friend Andrew is an ENTJ.
We've all seen each other in action, and I think I can shed light on this for you in terms that make sense, and hopefully also offer a little entertainment. :newwink:

Be back in a bit...

:solidarity:

-Halla

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bumpity bump, waiting on the elaborate reply, Halla :p

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bumpity bump, waiting on the elaborate reply, Halla :p

Gotcha! :newwink:

Please pardon my delay, I have not slept in two days.
Last night I pulled an all nighter after working all day and then going to class.
Then I went to work today.
And now, I shall answer your post, as promised, because I'm tired and buzzed, this could get interesting, LOL! :laugh:

ESTP/ESFP & ENTJ differences.

There are probably threads on this but I couldn't be bothered to flip back and see so I'll just make my own.

Excess is what made this country great, always create your own thread! :happy:

What I'm really curious is how Se + Ti works for you ESTPs, because it can give an illusion of Te.

Interesting.
I have not seen this phenomena, but please don't construe that as me calling you a liar.
I will preface with the following.

(1) My best friend in the whole wide world is an ESFP. Although he and I are very, very alike, the differences between us are just as significant. It is a very hilarious pairing of similarity and difference.

(2) As I have stated before, I haven't gotten too mired down in cognitive functions, but will offer an explaination of your questions as they make sense to me, from the perspective of my understanding, which is heavily influenced by reali life experiences with real people.

(3) Se + Ti = I am ALWAYS paying attention to my environment, and I am ALWAYS thinking about how I can influence it, change the feel of it, influence my will over it, basically to be able to create an effect of my choosing when I wish it to occur.

(4) My brain is "wired" very, very fast. I pick up more details simply by being present than most do when actively surveying their surroundings. Part of it is simply because I am curious. Another element of me being the way I am is that I am very impatient, because I have so many things I want/have to do each day, that I cannot just lollygag around and let shit happen however random chance would have it.

(5) I always have an agenda. Actually, most of the time I am operating on several agendas (professional, personal, spiritual, etc.) but not in a deceptive manner, I'm simply very busy and exist on many planes of consciousness.

(6) SO - it is in my best interest to be able to walk into any room, anywhere, filled with any type of people and be able to establish rapport with them, tell them my needs, and politely ask if they can help me out or give me information, etc. It works. I have a sincere love of people, and even if I make no progress I still enjoy simple, random socialization. And once the chat is over, I move on and keep at it.

To Me, that is "Se + Ti"...

Or maybe I'm just an Se + Te ESFP.

My best friend is indeed "grumpy" at times, and I have heard time and again that is "Te" at work. Are you grumpy? :thinking:

What are the differences as to these 2/3 types, and how exactly does Se + Ti work for ESTPs?

I explained my take on "Se + Ti" above.
Here's an example of how my ESFP friend would respond with "Fi + Te" whereas I would respond with "Se + Ti."

If the two of us went to a party, and he didn't get a good vibe from the place/people soon after arriving, he would simply say to me "Fuck this place, we're out of here." just like that! :shock:

Whereas I would probably hang out for a bit, mingle some, give the scene and the people in it a chance to register in my mind beyond instant first impressions (that's the "Se + Ti" See, Think, Determine Options, Pick Option, Execute, See, Think, Determine Options, Pick Option, Execute, etc... In other words, I would give the place a chance, but if it sucked I would leave in a heartbeat.

ESTP = Constantly thinking things out, and testing their theories with actions
ESFP = Constantly feeling things out, and reacting to them based on their internal emotional barometer

That's kind of how I see the differences between the two types.
Please understand, I adore ESFPs, I know at least three of them IRL, two of which are among my very best friends.
Both types are wild and zany and fun loving and spontaneous, and extremely attractive, and humble, we just flaunt our stuff a little differently, that's all. :cheese:

I hope my response was worth the wait.

Cheers!

:cheers:

-Alex