• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Ask an ISFP!

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
We need more threads about ISFP! I was surprised to see there are only a few threads about them!

What upsets them?

What's the best way to make them feel loved?

What makes them happy?

What would be your "Do's" and "Don'ts" list for ISFP?

I'm asking this because I just found out lately that my mother is an ISFP. And I honestly felt she has showered me with so much love more than any other mothers I've seen (as compared to my friend's).

You guys are awesome! :D And this time, I would like to learn more about you guys. :)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can answer these questions from a personal point. I don't know if these really pin point how other ISFP's feel about the questions. :)

What upsets them?: I get upset for two different reasons. 1. I'm not being listened to. I don't talk often, so when I do PLEASE just shut up and listen to me. Don't intrude on what I have to say. 2. When people get all up in my space. I don't like seeing other people's things on my bed or desk when that's the only space I have for myself. No space= no get away= no quiet time= no recharging= ANGRY STEPHO!

What's the best way to make them feel loved? Just tell me why you think I'm awesome or what characteristics you like about me. Then cuddle with me. :)

What makes them happy? Food, dancing, art, being fed, being danced with, having a picture drawn for me. Just simple things really.

Do: Compliment me, recognize me, hug me.
Don't: Cling to me, take my space, yell at me.

Sunny Ghost

Awe, my mommy's an ISFP, too. I'm very thankful for that. I hear my friends complain about their mom's being intrusive, or mean, etc. My mom's just silly and caring and sweet. I'm a good bit like her. My only complaint about her, however, is that she's a bit of a pushover. I always saw this as her greatest weakness and have learned to compensate in this particular area. No one pushes me around. I don't allow it, and if anyone tries to do so, they'll find a very unattractive side of me.

I don't like feeling as though I'm being disrespected. I do my best to be nice and to treat people around me equally. Feeling disrespected by my peers, my family, my friends, my coworkers or boss, really upsets me.

I'm like stepho in that my personal space is very important to me. I have a difficult time dating or living with extroverts due to this. My room, my space, is my world. I like having my place that I can be alone. And I also don't like others belongings in my personal space. Aesthetic reasons. Ha.

To make me feel loved... I suppose when people notice things about myself, especially noticing things that I don't even notice about myself. Being complimentary of things that I recognize as my own strengths. Genuine compliments. In general, showing me that you care.

Things that make me happy... well... honestly, I think I'm fairly easy to please. Good food, good atmosphere and friends, good weather, even bad weather, my cats, and most furry critters, alone time, music...

Do's and Don'ts...
Do spend time with me...
but Don't consume me.
Do join me on an adventure, or be indulgent with me, or waste time away with me...
but Don't critique my way of life.
Do compliment me....
but Don't be insincere.
Do enjoy a slice of silence with me to take in the moment...
and Don't tell me you're bored and need more stimulation. (Pet peeve of mine.)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My dear ISFPs

Do you consider yourself as passionate ? Romantic? Or more reasonable?

Do you regret sometimes to have been "too kind"?

Do you like partying, drinking, loud music?

Do you like sports? What kind of sport?

Is artisitic expression something vital and instinctive to you?

How much sex is important for you?

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What upsets them?:2. When people get all up in my space. I don't like seeing other people's things on my bed or desk when that's the only space I have for myself. No space= no get away= no quiet time= no recharging= ANGRY STEPHO!

This perfectly explains why I had a hard time inviting my friends to our home. I noticed that she always frowned a little whenever I asked her for inviting friends over. Being an INFJ, we need tons of personal space too, but never match to ISFP's standard. When it comes to spatial privacy, nobody tops them I think.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Awe, my mommy's an ISFP, too. I'm very thankful for that. I hear my friends complain about their mom's being intrusive, or mean, etc. My mom's just silly and caring and sweet. I'm a good bit like her. My only complaint about her, however, is that she's a bit of a pushover. I always saw this as her greatest weakness and have learned to compensate in this particular area. No one pushes me around. I don't allow it, and if anyone tries to do so, they'll find a very unattractive side of me.

The most incredible thing is that I can hardly find any flaw about ISFP (based on one interaction here). And you're ABSOLUTELY spot-on about being a pushover. When it comes to eating the right foods to setting the right time to sleep, I've constantly felt being pushed according to "her" standards. Life becomes MUCH harder when she became health-obsessive to a point that I would rather want to eat out alone (though this is just a thought, as you know how sensitive they can be! :) )

I don't like feeling as though I'm being disrespected. I do my best to be nice and to treat people around me equally. Feeling disrespected by my peers, my family, my friends, my coworkers or boss, really upsets me.

Have you door-slammed someone? I did for a few but now I wonder if I've learned that from my mother. As I've seen her door-slammed more than a few and it does have to do with the issue of disrespectfulness. The amazing thing is that for me, once i door-slammed someone, I did kind of feel regret about it and always questioned myself on its ethical validity. Unlike most people, I door-slammed when I felt overwhelmed by being too attached with someone, like running away from them. Though it seems that my mother "never" regrets when she decided to cut-off ties with someone for good. That level of coldness is what I often felt surprised from her; however, I'm not sure if that also belongs to ISFP's traits.

I'm like stepho in that my personal space is very important to me. I have a difficult time dating or living with extroverts due to this. My room, my space, is my world. I like having my place that I can be alone. And I also don't like others belongings in my personal space. Aesthetic reasons. Ha.

I swear I hope that at least one member of my family is extroverts as they are all introverts. :(

Though I am attracted to extroverts more, I think my mother (being an ISFJ), does have a strong preference with other introverts too as most of her friends are quite introverted.

To make me feel loved... I suppose when people notice things about myself, especially noticing things that I don't even notice about myself. Being complimentary of things that I recognize as my own strengths. Genuine compliments. In general, showing me that you care.

My mother is really good at crafting and making things without too much efforts. I know her heart melts from a bear-hug and I use that often whenever we had a fight (and often I started it, heh). I just really wanna show her my affections to her on a deeper level. So far, it seems writing a sincere letter works for her. :)

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Another question:

What are some of the traits when you become unhealthy?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want your honest opinion on how well you get along with INTPs. I ask because you're dominant Feelers; we're dominant T's. Also your usage of cognitive functions is the opposite.

gromit

likes this
Of the ones I know IRL, I seem to get along well. I guess I only know Jock actually, and my coworker says he’s either INTP or INTJ and we get along well too. Funny, pretty laid back, smart, etc. but not exactly the same as me either. It seems like IPs are generally pretty live and let live anyway, so it's not like we get all up in each others' business.

Sunny Ghost

Have you door-slammed someone? I did for a few but now I wonder if I've learned that from my mother. As I've seen her door-slammed more than a few and it does have to do with the issue of disrespectfulness. The amazing thing is that for me, once i door-slammed someone, I did kind of feel regret about it and always questioned myself on its ethical validity. Unlike most people, I door-slammed when I felt overwhelmed by being too attached with someone, like running away from them. Though it seems that my mother "never" regrets when she decided to cut-off ties with someone for good. That level of coldness is what I often felt surprised from her; however, I'm not sure if that also belongs to ISFP's traits.

I swear I hope that at least one member of my family is extroverts as they are all introverts. :(

Though I am attracted to extroverts more, I think my mother (being an ISFJ), does have a strong preference with other introverts too as most of her friends are quite introverted.

My mother is really good at crafting and making things without too much efforts. I know her heart melts from a bear-hug and I use that often whenever we had a fight (and often I started it, heh). I just really wanna show her my affections to her on a deeper level. So far, it seems writing a sincere letter works for her. :)
I can be quite over emotional and act abruptly. I've done lots of stupid and mean things out of emotional impulse. Things that would typically seem out of character. I've door slammed, slapped, thrown things. I've worked on this quite a lot. It didn't help that I grew up in a house with an ISFP mother and an extremely moody ESFP father. My mom never acted out in the way that me, my father and my sister all did. In that respect, we probably all looked like demons to my mother. But as I've gotten older, it's something I noticed in myself as an ugly trait and worked to get rid of. I can still be moody, but I act out less.

When it comes to extroverts and introverts, I love both types for different reasons. However, it's just much harder for me to live with an extrovert. Well, I take that back, with unhealthy extroverts that don't know how to introvert. My sister and father are both extroverts but I never felt them intruding on me. My dad doesn't seem to ever stop talking... but maybe I'm just used to it from him. And my sister, though an extrovert, does know how to be quiet and knows how to relax. So, it's not like she's too much in my face.
No, somehow I've managed to date or live with roommate extroverts that are always trampling my space. That, I can't live with. My dream house, whenever I'm married one day, will have an "office" for me to hide away in. I'll need a room of my own, for sure.

Another question:

I'll need to get back to this one... I've had different styles of unhealthy. Over introverting and over extroverting. With one, I become overly sensitive, emotional and depressive. With the other, I'm overly impulsive, not thinking my actions through, and typically binge drinking and not taking care of my responsibilities.

I want your honest opinion on how well you get along with INTPs. I ask because you're dominant Feelers; we're dominant T's. Also your usage of cognitive functions is the opposite.
I have two for certain INTP friends. I like both quite well. However, I will admit that you INTP's are often an enigma to me. But I always thought that this one particular INTP I knew was one of the coolest kids I had ever met.

Do you consider yourself as passionate ? Romantic? Or more reasonable? Can I say, all three? When I first start to fall for someone I like, I can fall hard. But eventually, I start to become very realistic and that's usually when things start to fall apart. Starting relationships are difficult for me... I'm always swinging between reasoning and passion and romantic thoughts. I am constantly questioning and thinking about every aspect of the new relationship and why it will or will not work.

Do you regret sometimes to have been "too kind"?Not that I can think of. Sometimes I regret not being kind enough. I'm often reactive on my emotions, and so if someone upsets me, I may act in a way that I find unattractive in myself. I'm always striving for compassion for all. That's my ideal of perfection.

Do you like partying, drinking, loud music?Depends, depends, depends. I like a good time, but I'm starting to get too old for a lot of those things. I'm preferring more and more the simpler things. But when I was younger, yes, yes and yes.

Do you like sports? What kind of sport?I'm not an athletic person, nor have I ever. I used to run cross country... but that was about it really. I prefer long walks and hikes or even dancing to sports or work outs.

Is artisitic expression something vital and instinctive to you?Since I was very young, I was attracted to art and creating art. But it had less to do with artistic expression and more to do with perfecting a craft. I wanted to learn to see better in order to draw better and vice versa. Something about drawing really caught my attention at a young age and it was always more about the process than the end result. As I got older, and started into college as an art major, I started to feel as though I needed to have some sort of meaning behind my art, and I just didn't have it. I slowly became more self conscious about my art to the point I just quit doing it altogether and became more attracted to subjects like psychology, philosophy and anthropology. I'd like to dabble in the arts more again, but I certainly don't create as much as I used to.

How much sex is important for you?My longest running relationship with the man I fell in love with, fell apart due to a slowly dwindling and crumbling sex life. And somehow we just couldn't seem to fix it. So, I've come to decide sex may not be everything, but it's certainly important to a healthy relationship.

wolfy

awsm
What upsets them?

It depends on my mood.

Have fun and work with me.

What makes them happy?

Doing the things I like to do.

I don't like endless questions when I am in the mood to do something.
Don't give me endless critical feedback.
Show me how you feel about me.

Romantic.

No.

Yes!

Lifting, strength sports. I like motor sports too.

Is artistic expression something vital and instinctive to you?

Creativity and individual expression in what I do more than artistic expression.

How much is sex important for you?

Very. It's fun.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
We need more threads about ISFP!

Indeed.

What upsets them?

I rarely get upset, I'm undecided if it's because I have an extraordinarily good life with nothing to be upset about or if I'm just resilient.

Attention and affection.

What makes them happy?

Engaging in hobbies where you get lost in the moment, winning lots of money, sex.

Do whatever you feel.

Don't put on an act.

Romantic/Reasonable

No, I often feel not kind enough.

Sometimes.

I do, although I don't play much sport myself because I don't like training and schedules and rules. Stuff I can do whenever, however I want, like surfing or fishing is good. Stuff you just do for fun and don't keep score.

I don't know, I don't relate to the word artist or artistic, I enjoy creating things for the fun of it.

Very.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, this is really hard for me to answer. I think I'm passionate.

No, because as long as you're nice, you're always in the right. I've only regretted being too harsh.

I like partying and loud music, but only when I know the people I'm partying with. I hate that awkward feeling of only knowing one or two people.

Dancing counts as a sport, so I choose that. I like sports that don't require me to be on an actual team, like tennis.

Very. I highly value my creativity.

Considering I haven't actually had sex, my answer may be kind of biased, but knowing myself, sex and intimacy would be very important.

Another question:

Depressed to the core. I gain a bizarre love of the darkness and never want to leave it. I never talk. I'm almost a mute doll thrown into a dark room. It's kinda scary if you think about it.

I've only known one INTP in my life (that I'm aware of) and he was manipulative. He had this bizarre sense of a persons brain and knew how to run around it in ways I've never seen before.

Tazzie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
*Bump an really old thread*

What upsets them?
Usually when people get controling or into my personal space without making sure im ok with it. Get pretty Judging.

Hugs, hugs, hugs. A nice sincere complement will usually do. I don't think it takes much to make me feel loved though.

What makes them happy?
At the moment traveling and exploring. Friends/family and cats :D. Hugs, playing sports.

Idk, I guess for Do's: Hugs when we reach the friendship stage. sports. Goof around and play a little rough be fine haha. if I tease you or like hit you with a pillow usually means I want you to tease and play back lol.

Don't: Be Verbally agressive. control me or my friends.

hmm id say reasonable

I learned to be kind to others cause it make me feel happy and that it the right thing to do, knowing not everyone is going to appreciate it.

Drinking no and would be a horrible drinking buddy anyway lol.
Loud music not really. Partying it depends but I don't go party very much.

Yessss, I love sports. for playing I'll play any sports but rather play team sports such as soccer and hockey. Watching, I'll watch the world cup, hockey and American football.

No clue so I'm guessing no.

Anti social. Depression. very, very sensitive or emotional but on outward appearance be super quiet. binge eating.