• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Am I really an ISTP?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm way too indecisive. I've gone from testing as an INTP to INTJ and back. So, instead I had my mother perform a simple test for me--I just do not understand my judgments and perhaps I was filling out the answers incorrectly. My problem is, I really have no idea how I feel about things. When she did it for me, she got ISTP instead. I feel like she knows me better than I know myself, so I respect her judgment :shock:

Now a little about me...

• I attended a science high school, although I did not get along with peers or teachers; mainly because I would sometimes argue with teachers when I felt that they were wrong.
  • A couple of teachers hated me because of this--I really have problms with authority and people telling me what to do. I was kicked out of one of my classrooms for arguing with a teacher.
  • In elementary and middle school, I spent a lot of time riding bikes. In middle school I would mostly skateboard--I would dress tomboyish I suppose during these times.
  • When I was a child, I spent a lot of time alone doing origami (when I was five?)
  • I don't know shit about computers, but I usually try to repair them (and succeed) when they're broken.
  • I refuse to wear heels or anything that I do not see the "purpose" of. Wearing heels seems impractical to me and I see no reason as to why I should make myself feel uncomfortable. I'm the flats type of girl.
  • I've been bored and shaved my hair off two winters ago; before that I cut off most of my hair because I wanted something different.
  • I like having different options to choose from. If I only have one choice, I feel nervous and trapped.
  • I can be "fickle" in relationships. One moment I like you, the next I'm sick of you.
  • I like science, like biological anthropology... But I really hate physics. I like osteology--the exactness of everything. I do like theories once in awhile, but I'm more likely to dismiss them simply because I do not care.
  • I don't care about a lot of things.
  • I'm hard to "read" and I often do not know how I'm feeling sometimes. I have to "think" about how I'm feeling.
  • If I have nothing to say, then I won't say anything at all.
  • People have complained that I'm moody... I've been known to explode on people once in awhile.
  • People have had problems with me because I "looked at them funny", whatever that means.
  • I'm good with my hands (not in that way!)
  • I pick up things easily for the most part.
  • Probably unrelated, but I do love driving a stick! It's so much fun; I picked it up easily as well.
  • I love ceramics, spinning on the wheel, making pots & teapots, etc.
  • I spend a lot of time either doing photography or crocheting.
  • I really love embroidery and I make little plushies from Japanese magazines ( they are the best craft magazines IMHO!)
  • I don't know a lot about cars and I don't know how to fix them so I'm not a "mechanic".
  • Although, I've been shopping online for parts on my car so I can ~pimp~ it up the way I want to. I spend a lot of precious time with my car! I wash it every week and vaccum it often. I might be a bit OCD about the state of my car. Even though it's old :/... (BUT AWESOME)
  • I have problems understanding things unless it's practical (can't think of an example right now)
  • I only care about the facts; when someone wants to persuade me or argue with me, I need to see "statistics" or citations, otherwise I do not believe them and I dismiss them.
  • I always read the directions (which is why I thought I was a J for awhile :shock: )
  • I've been known to say inappropriate or tactless stuff to people when I've meant no harm.
  • I'm so bad at sports, it's not even funny! I'm extremely girly, so not the stereotypical ISTP.
  • Although, I do hate "traditional" female roles. I yelled at some guy who asked if I wanted to come over and watch the Notebook (UGH, I hate these kind of movies).
  • Guys have told me I'm "anti-romantic" whatever that means. I suppose it's because I do not like flowers or teddy bears or chocolates. So lame to me.
  • People tell me once they get to know me, that they did not like me at first because I looked like a bitch :'(

Questions?!

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No idea of your type, but you seem pretty damn cool.

Oh i know, do a typec video challange...

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh heh, yeah, you sound like an ISTP to me.

turtile

MBTI Type
ISTP
Describe the following:

_var_blogusers_attachments_1114088671238_HersheyBar.jpg

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you sound like an ISTP enneatype 8 :yes:

A

A window to the soul

INTJ "The Free-Thinker"

you sound like an ISTP enneatype 8 :yes:
^ I'm getting more of a skeptisch type 6-vibe (or possibly a value driven type 1). I doubt an 8 cares about always reading directions amongst other things...

• I did not get along with peers or teachers; mainly because I would sometimes argue with teachers when I felt that they were wrong.
  • A couple of teachers hated me because of this--I really have problems with authority and people telling me what to do. I was kicked out of one of my classrooms for arguing with a teacher.
  • I'm hard to "read" and I often do not know how I'm feeling sometimes. I have to "think" about how I'm feeling.
  • If I have nothing to say, then I won't say anything at all.
  • I like osteology--the exactness of everything.
  • I like having different options to choose from. If I only have one choice, I feel nervous and trapped.
  • People have complained that I'm moody... I've been known to explode on people once in awhile.
  • I'm not a "mechanic".
  • I'm so bad at sports
  • I always read the directions (which is why I thought I was a J for awhile :shock: )
  • I spend a lot of precious time with my car! I wash it every week and vaccum it often. I might be a bit OCD about the state of my car. Even though it's old :/... (BUT AWESOME)
  • I only care about the facts; when someone wants to persuade me or argue with me, I need to see "statistics" or citations, otherwise I do not believe them and I dismiss them.
  • I've been known to say inappropriate or tactless stuff to people when I've meant no harm.
  • I can be "fickle" in relationships. One moment I like you, the next I'm sick of you.
  • Although, I do hate "traditional" female roles.
  • I spend a lot of time crocheting.
  • I really love embroidery and I make little plushies from Japanese magazines.
  • Guys have told me I'm "anti-romantic" whatever that means. I suppose it's because I do not like flowers or teddy bears or chocolates. So lame to me.
  • People tell me once they get to know me, that they did not like me at first because I looked like a bitch :'(
  • I refuse to wear heels or anything that I do not see the "purpose" of. Wearing heels seems impractical to me and I see no reason as to why I should make myself feel uncomfortable.
  • I've been bored and shaved my hair off two winters ago; before that I cut off most of my hair because I wanted something different.
  • I'm extremely girly

^ @paperoceans: I think you are either INTJ or INTP. Leaning more towards J.

Enneagram 6

Riso and Hudson said:
Sixes are full of contradictions. They can be dependent on others, yet value their independence. They want to be trusted and to trust others, yet constantly test others to allay their own suspicions. They want the protection of authority, yet fear it. They are obedient yet, disobedient; fearful of aggression, yet sometimes highly aggressive themselves. They search for security, yet feel insecure. They are likable and endearing, yet can be mean and hateful. They are reassured by traditional values, yet may subvert those values. They want to escape punishment, yet may bring it on themselves. Sixes are full of contradictions because anxiety makes them ricochet from one psychological state to another. And in response to anxiety, Sixes look to structures, beliefs, allies, and authorities to put their anxiety to rest.

Enneagram 1

Riso and Hudson said:
What Ones typically do not see is that, given their fundamental premises, they are locked in conflicts between opposing forces that cannot be reconciled either in themselves or in the universe. They keenly feel the struggle between good and evil, the flesh and the spirit, the ideal and the real. For Ones, the battle lines are sharply drawn between the chaotic, irrational side of their natures and the clarity of their convictions, between their dark libidinous impulses and their self-control, between their metaphysical aspirations and their human needs—between their ideals and their hearts.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
You have always struck me as a young entp.

ORLY? :O! ENTP? :S But Charlie is an ENTP and he is the enemy.

Anyway, I kinda of disagree with N. I really do hate theories. My eyes kind of glaze over when the topic takes over. Also, I noticed that whenever I read anything that an E/INTP or INTJ had said I would just get so frickin' bored. I feel like they often say too much instead of getting to the point. Definitely not J either because I always start stuff, but never finish it. And I wait until the last minute to finish things. Also, my room looks like a dumpster and I'm afraid to open the door, haha.

Also, I disagree with the enneagram 6. I'm not dependent at all. I wouldn't say that I test others; I only provoke people when I'm bored and I've never tested how trustworthy someone was in a relationship. Either they are or aren't. I do have a bad habit of changing my mind about people too often. I would break up with BFs because I'm sick of them and the next day I want to be with them again and then I'm sick of them again. I'm way too fickle to stay in a long-term relationship and I pity the man that loves me.

My enneagram is 7w8, just took the test ;)

Last edited:

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you considered estp? or isfp? Not saying you aren't istp.... but these also seem like possibilities.