• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] How to Keep an ESTP interested and happy!

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm afraid I may be too melodramatic for this combo...how do I not screw things up? I know y'all get bored and are flighty. Do emotions scare you away? What do you guys like anyways about us INFPs...aren't we a little too emo for you anyways?

Ugh...dating sensors stresses me out. I don't know how to experience the world they way you do.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
be open to new experiences whenever they suggest, even if they don't sound like a good idea... we're not talking about truly malevolent people here :)

also, just be there for them... everone needs to know that they have someone there for them even if they feel like they are a failure or a screwup :unsure:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Sounds too simple. Need more information to process.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most important, have a sense of play and realize that if they make fun of you or laugh at you when you cry at something minor it means that they like you!. :)

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most important, have a sense of play and realize that if they make fun of you or laugh at you when you cry at something minor it means that they like you!. :)

This.

My ESTP dance partner and I also work together and Monday night she and I had to block the store. ESTPs are sooooo competitive so before we began I told her, "Alright Rebecca, try and keep up with me ok?" which is such a funny thing to say since everyone knows she's the best blocker in the store. Most of the night we then was spent trading quips about how slow the other was :laugh:

But anywho, while we were blocking one of the aisles she was telling me about how she loved the fact that she felt like she didn't have to talk to me all the time and that she was allowed to zone out now and then (as evidently a lot of people feel like they need to keep talking to her). I then mentioned to her how I actually get self conscious if I don't say anything as I worry about how people might think I'm boring or uninteresting.

Well literally not THREE minutes later after about a 20 or 30 second silence I suddenly hear her say sarcastically, "God Matt you need to talk more, you are so boring." which made me laugh.

I love ESTPs :heart:

To address the OP: The first thing I'd suggest is not taking offense to their snark and in fact dishing some of it back if possible. ESTPs I've noticed seem to love snark. Also, listen to them and empathize. ESTPs are very talkative and assertive people and I think they love having someone listen and acknowledge them. Praise their strengths, offer support for their failures, and always ALWAYS make them feel like you believe in them, particularly when they're trying so very hard to put on a strong front and not let you know how much they might be doubting themselves at that moment (which is kind of cute all by itself :wubbie: )

I've found by doing that, they seem to like having me around :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You can not do anything to keep an STP interested. They either are or aren't. They decide. If they are interested, then enjoy the experience. If they are not, then focus your attention elsewhere.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Good advice. Is this interest inherent or is it typically just circumstantial or novelty?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Million dollar question there.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool

Yeap. One calls me a pig for instance because it "suits my dimensions better" and pretty much makes fun of every single thing about me - while throwing in "you do know I love you" with such a content laugh.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Be yourself, laugh, have fun conversations about almost anything, debate a little, play a lot, learn new things, teach each other cool stuff.

ESTPs are pretty much amazing.