• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Your thoughts?

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It was 2 weeks ago that I met a guy, We hit it off great at first. perfect personality, very laid back, Intelligent and conversation never ran dry, we could idly chit chat for hours and I loved it. it was one date and the 2 weeks after we had communicated on the phone. I was not sure why he stood away but for the most part I was ok fine. I did finally start to get impatient with him not being available, so I took the initiative to arrange a visit, and I rented some Movies and I made dinner. My room mate usually stays in his room all day playing on his laptop but that night he had to work his job. anyway, the guy came over and upon entering I noticed he had a Huge scale like bump on his lip, I wanted to be nice. I opted for the hug. I enjoyed much of our interaction and there is a strong connection, but it was revealed to me by him that it was something he could spread. I felt depressed as well and could not help but stare at it in conversation when he was not looking and I sat on the other side of the table when we chatted. I felt angry at the circumstance. seeing how it would get in the way for me, I decided to just be friends. My question to the forum....am I an Ass?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Was this the first time you met in real life?
Why not just wait until it healed up?

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
From what I read, its something that can be spread when there is no break out. Where I actually do feel guilt due to the fact that I have been avoiding his calls and him on facebook. I recently let him know that i have been busy. there is no real reason i guess i could not be just a friend, I just dont see me reciprocating anything more beyond that

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see. Understandable. Perhaps you should let him know that it bothers you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
He had a cold sore and now you're avoiding him? :huh:

Jaguar

If you get upset by a temporary situation, one can only imagine how you would react when the chips are really down.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Around a cold sore?

Am I missing something?

Does he have a serious disease?

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If you get upset by a temporary situation, one can only imagine how you would react when the chips are really down.

oh its not temporary, its forevaAR!!!!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
herpes, probably type I.

my thoughts:

it's good you're aware and want to avoid disease. on the other hand, more than half the adult american population has herpes, according to most studies. some even estimate numbers up to around 75 or 80%, and i imagine it's similar in other places around the globe. so, unfortunately, a lot of people have this. whether you want to forgo a relationship based on it is up to you. personally, i'd way prefer dating someone with oral herpes over genital, but obviously no herpes at all would be preferred.

are you an ass? no. are you a little overcautious? perhaps.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Another word for Herpes Simplex Type I is "cold sore."

People usually only get them occasionally. I only get them when I'm seriously ill, which is probably why they're called "cold sores" because people tend to get them when they have a cold - perhaps due to their immune system being down.

You can treat cold sores with a number of over-the-counter products, including tea tree oil.

The odds of you getting a cold sore in your life are pretty high if you kiss people. At all.

gromit

likes this
Guys, it looks as though OP is talking about HPV or human papillomavirus, not herpes type I. This is actually linked to cervical cancer.

From what I understand, a wart caused by hpv

Have you gotten the vaccine for it, knight? There's a good chance it's covered by your health insurance if you are in your 20s or teens.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my bad, my page didn't update with knight's last post before i posted. i hate when that happens. sorry knight!

ooh, yeah though, hpv... that's probably a wart, instead of a cold sore. i know that's pretty common too, but i don't think most strains cause warts. i might not want to be more than friends either :/

good point too gromit. i need to get mine, yucky... shots, do not want :tongue10:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well actually HPV warts are a lot grosser than cold sores, yes, and I can see why you'd avoid them. For sure.

However, the strain of HPV that causes cervical cancer isn't the same one that causes warts.

The strains that have been linked to cervical cancer are invisible and have no symptoms.