• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs, do you like motocycles?

ISTPs, do you like motorcycles?

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
fatboy_harley_davidson.jpg

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I think my ears literally just perked up.

A: Yes. :coffee: I can even answer for at least one other ISTP on this board, but I'll refrain :)hi: MDP).

Bev

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yep! Have a vespa at the moment but I havent been driving long. Will probably get something stronger in a few years

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but they're far too impractical for my foreseeable future.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I dunno I guess...wouldn't mind riding one, one day although i kinda agree with randominty only because I live in Canada and the weather is ice cold 8 months of the year(aka snow), so buying a motorcycle at this point of my life would be a bit too expensive to just get around. F1 racing is where it's at even ralley..what I would do to be an F1 driver...:wubbie:

ZtX

MBTI Type
ISTP
I love bikes, but really they're the poor man's substitute for flying. I will get a PPL someday, but what I'd really love would be to fly fighter jets. Fat chance of that happening, though. Less than perfect vision and a dislike for all other aspects of the military life isn't a good start. :shrug:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I love bikes, but really they're the poor man's substitute for flying. I will get a PPL someday, but what I'd really love would be to fly fighter jets. Fat chance of that happening, though. Less than perfect vision and a dislike for all other aspects of the military life isn't a good start. :shrug:

Yeah, I'd be much more interested in flying than in biking.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm avoiding motorcycles because I have a son. The closest I would come would be something like an OCC chopper where the mere design of it would help keep me out of "driving fast/weaving" mode. I cant avoid that mode without assistance.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Yeah, I'd be much more interested in flying than in biking.

That's why ye do both! (Flying is my career path. Hee.) There is an immediacy to the fun and skill of motorcycles that is quite worthwhile.

Not trying to change your mind, however.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
That's why ye do both! (Flying is my career path. Hee.) There is an immediacy to the fun and skill of motorcycles that is quite worthwhile.

Not trying to change your mind, however.

Flying is your career path? That's awesome.

I have no doubt that I'd enjoy riding if placed in that situation by no orchestration of my own (i.e., someone handed me a bike on an open road and said "go!"). I love driving in general, after all. I just am not interested in it enough to do anything about it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Flying is your career path? That's awesome.

I have no doubt that I'd enjoy riding if placed in that situation by no orchestration of my own (i.e., someone handed me a bike on an open road and said "go!"). I love driving in general, after all. I just am not interested in it enough to do anything about it.

Reworded - I'm not lazy...I just dont care. I should stamp that on my forhead.

Sunny Ghost

an ISTP friend/exroommate of mine had a love of cars and motorcycles. he was the type of guy to get excited about new tools for christmas. he was always tinkering in the garage on his car or motorcycle.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my ex istj was very istpish in this way...loves motorcycles...always tinkering...loves all day rides through the mountains and races them at tracks....he has all the gear and everything.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I was thinking of doing the MSF class (which gets you the license here) and buying some sportish cruiser type thing that has been sitting in someones garage since 1993 on the cheap. It'd be a fun little project. Something I could drop without getting fussy about it.

Carb cleaner, gaskets, new rubber, little stuff = fun.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not an ISTP, but I like motorcycles (mainly sport bikes.) :D

As for actually having one, ehhhhhhh can't see myself having one for the foreseeable future. There is something about cars that just give you more room to bring things around XD, not to mention people.