• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Female ISTP's... how do you act?

jnel302

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
ve also been told that it has something to do with the way I walk. Yeah, sounds like nonsense to me, but apparently I "stride with purpose" in a way that makes me appear confident and... intimidating. I don't get it. I definitely wouldn't interpret things that way, but then hey--I'm an ISTP. What do I know about interpretation?

I've noticed this about myself; I don't hesitate in my stride, and I definitely look like I have purpose. Don't know how to walk any other way :)

Flicker

MBTI Type
ISTP
I know a person who is istp female She is very logical about everything she does and gets defensive if you say something wrong. She is very sensitive but she doesn't show it. She is practically nonexistant in a meeting or class. Unless it is something she is interested in. Very quiet. Always thinks about what to say before saying it and she has this dry witty humor. She doesn't trust ANYONES motives and is often thought of as detached and distrusting.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I know a person who is istp female She is very logical about everything she does and gets defensive if you say something wrong. She is very sensitive but she doesn't show it. She is practically nonexistant in a meeting or class. Unless it is something she is interested in. Very quiet. Always thinks about what to say before saying it and she has this dry witty humor. She doesn't trust ANYONES motives and is often thought of as detached and distrusting.

This is pretty much word for word how people described me in school.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
:)
I had a fling with a ISTP female a long time ago. Was very short and meaningless :(. I think that's when I realized I should get a F typed girl ;).

Yeah ISTPs will just take advatage of you and not feel a thing after, cold motherfu**ers I tell ya.:)

mountainofdew

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Wow, there are some really long posts in here for ISTP's. Some of them contain way too much information. :p :D I imagine that getting to know a person will be helpful in determining a persons mbti personality; male or female. Cultural expectations will of course obfuscate the truth some. Cultural expections include family, friends, gender, location, etc. I think that finding out a persons' motives is key to understanding a person and their personality. Anyway. Interesting stuff in here.

Isa

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm also an ISTP female. Like most others, I was great at math but ended up majoring in Economics as application was a priority. In high school and college I was a loner by choice, though sometimes I ate lunch with a group of friends. I too prefer to take my social situations in small doses and have been know to flake out of social commitments. Just can't be bothered. Don't care what anyone thinks of me anyways.

When I was younger and less mature I did tend to take advantage of guys. I didn't feel guilty about it as they seemed to enjoy the experience. I did a lot of running and swimming in my younger days. I love watching soccer games but only when they're in quarter-finals and beyond. I wouldn't call myself an athlete but I definitely have tomboyish qualities. I can dress up but only if I'm in the mood. Only spend 5 minutes on hair/makeup - clothes/shoes must be comfy. etc.

Growing up I never felt like I could trust girls so I always had a male best-friend. Married to an ISTJ. It's funny about the commitment thing - we had to get married due to immigration (he's from England) - cause neither of us wear wedding rings and we're both totally fine with it. The way I explained my love for him was "Every day that I wake up I choose to love you." The reason I started looking up and take personality quizzes was because I'm sick and tired of my boring office job. Before I realized I was an ISTP I was already considering Network Administrator or Pilot. Now that I know I'm an ISTP it makes sense! :)

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
as an istp woman, i hate being objectified. i don't like being stared at or talked about, and i'm generally reclusive. i'm not really insecure about my looks. i consider myself sharp and resourceful, as well as adventurous and curious. i prefer being the pursuer instead of the pursued. i want men to laugh at MY jokes, not the other way around (and they usually do). i'm more or less a clown with my friends, but i give off a strong "don't fuck with me" air to others, or so i've been told.

SLT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well, as an ISTP female I'm the only one I know of. If you see me with a group of other girls I don't know what to talk about, I'm more quiet and reserved. My communication with men though, flows easily and takes little effort to keep a conversation going. Often men will think I'm attractive, but once they get to know me they know I am not like most women, I'm somewhat masculine and men are intimidated by that. I want to a be DNR officer of that tells you anything, a more male-role job interests me greatly. Anyways I've gone off the topic of your question, if you want to spot a female ISTP look for the girl awkward towards females but pretty normal around men, or the girl that will fix any mechanical problem. Really just look for the odd ball of the group.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, as an ISTP female I'm the only one I know of. If you see me with a group of other girls I don't know what to talk about, I'm more quiet and reserved. My communication with men though, flows easily and takes little effort to keep a conversation going. Often men will think I'm attractive, but once they get to know me they know I am not like most women, I'm somewhat masculine and men are intimidated by that. I want to a be DNR officer of that tells you anything, a more male-role job interests me greatly. Anyways I've gone off the topic of your question, if you want to spot a female ISTP look for the girl awkward towards females but pretty normal around men, or the girl that will fix any mechanical problem. Really just look for the odd ball of the group.
May I ask what SLT stands for?

Livluv49

I am a female istp and the description fits me 100% but i am not tomboyish i am pretty and girly! How do i act?? Thats tough.. i act friendly, nice, sometimes im sure I seem overexcited and sometimes i probably seem bored depending on how stimulated i am by my envirement or if the conversation is interesting. I have a weird sense of humour. I mostly try to fit in so i act accordingly, noone knows my trueself, if your trying to pick a female istp out of a crowd... good luck!

ChocTiramisu

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Fantastic question by the way. Sarah on the show "The Talk" is a female ISTP.
No matter the type, Estrogen and Testosterone play a BIG role in types. So if you have a female Thinker, the Estrogen plays a role. If you have a male Feeler type, the Testosterone still has a big impact on how that type operates day to day.

ProlifeNicole

I've got a good question to discern your ability to think outside the box. You are asked to empty a bathtub full of water and are given a spoon, a cup and a bucket. How do you empty the bath tub?
Ha! I liked [MENTION=21187]zarc[/MENTION] comment to just pull out the plug!

But as a female ISTP my first reaction was to answer, first I'd use the bucket, then the cup, then the spoon.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
My apologies ProlifeNicole, it's been several years since I've come onto this site but I felt I ought to say, since signing in and noting a lovely rep from you... please disregard what I said regarding ISTPs based on that friend I wrote about. She was in the throes of repression for several years of her life (mainly Se-Te loop with, at times, a descent into Ni aka Madness). She is, and always has been, ESFP; and now freed from her prior state, freely exhibits her nature in a healthy, positive manner. It took years of undoing but it happened.

And it might happen to you* o_o

Rereading that comment was amusing, however. I find it illustrates very well the ESFP nature when not acting...accordingly to their nature. Ha.

That is all.

*insertion of JK, if needed.

Livluv49

I am female istp and the istp description is 100% dead on it's scary. How do I act? I like to think I'm pretty sexy, pretty badass lol I'm generally very care free, happy, I live in my own world. Not a tomboy at all, or butch lol idk really know what you want to know.. idk how youd spot one I've also been on a search for one it'd be nice to meet another girl who I could relate to. Sorry I dont think I answered your question :p

equinoxx

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unsure about my type, might be an ISTP female, might not be.

I am typically very reserved around strangers and don't really talk unless I absolutely need to, or am spoken to. I find small talk boring and will give short replies if the person is trying to talk to me about something I could care less about. I don't do this to be rude, I just find it hard to come up with replies about things that bore me

I'm pretty laid-back around friends. I banter & make a lot of sarcastic comments. I sometimes have a tendency to rant on and on about things..... I spend so much of my day being quiet, that when I'm finally in a comfortable social situation I have to "let it all out"

I'm sort of a social chameleon in the way where I tend to mimic my friend's traits at times so I can "mesh" with the crowd more.

I guess I would consider myself sort of a tomboy. I'm not super girly & I tend to vibe better with guys than girls, but I do enjoy some makeup & fashion, and like to maintain my physical appearance and look somewhat nice. I paint my nails, do my makeup, put up my hair, & try to dress somewhat decent.

Digital Lion

I have an ISTP female cousin that I'm pretty close to; I think she's both amazing and (potentially) terrifying. lol

Here are a few "fun facts" about her:

1.) She has the default energy and disposition of a resting pit bull. It can be a bit unnerving because she's extremely difficult to read and at a moment's notice, can react with laser focused intensity and devastating, cold blooded ferocity. I don't scare easily and yet I make sure to steer clear of her bad side. lol

2.) She was in law enforcement (distinguished) for a decade and now runs a kitchen as a head chef; to her, both situations have a similarly structured chaos and she thrives on that, but not in the charismatic ESTP fashion, but like the invisible sniper hitting each of their marks with painstaking precision, despite the pressure cooking environment. To watch her masterfully cut up and carve various meats and produce make me shudder and utter a hushed prayer for the unsuspecting MFers that crossed her path while on the force.

3.) Ostensibly, she is the epitome of the manicured "girly girl" but is equally at home in sports wear and anything she can fight in. lol

4.) I don't know if I've ever met a better liar--not as in being pathological and lying just for the sake of, but when she has to, it's always believable and that quick thinking dom Ti + suppressed Fe rears its head in amazing ways. But I honestly think she could beat a polygraph test. She just doesn't sweat or flinch under pressure.

5.) She's a man-eater. And "beta-males," especially, flock to her like lambs to the slaughter. Usually, she has 2-3 "intimate" relationships percolating at the same time, and astoundingly, they always know about each other. Again, this woman is my hero-ine. lol

6.) She's fiercely independent, doesn't rely too heavily on anyone, if at all, and will go ghost on your ass without any hesitancy if she's over your bullshit and/or you've become a bore.

7.) To reiterate, I think she is awesome...and (potentially) terrifying. lol

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I know that not every SP is like that (i really like some of them) but why so many SP girls is so whore like? They have beautiful personality and I know what they really are yet butchered like this... it is a grief... :(

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know that not every SP is like that (i really like some of them) but why so many SP girls is so whore like? They have beautiful personality and I know what they really are yet butchered like this... it is a grief... :(

Because some of us like sex and can get it. Sue us.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Because some of us like sex and can get it. Sue us.

I am obsess with idea of sex and beauty of woman's body from my early childhood but I will never have a sex for the sake of sex. Maybe if I have to pay some girl I will but without love and deep emotions neither I won' I simply can't. Some people nowday call that romantic but truth is I am at least vanilla guy when comes to sex or any kind dreamy romantic relationship. I just prefer devoted relationship instead hunting girls around for the sake of sex. I have dignity to don't fell in this kind relationship where people sell their body like literally for nothing but pleasure of flesh and/or to use guy for the sake of profit and I don't talk about hookers. :dry: