• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Female ISTP's... how do you act?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am obsess with idea of sex and beauty of woman's body from my early childhood but I will never have a sex for the sake of sex. Maybe if I have to pay some girl I will but without love and deep emotions neither I won' I simply can't. Some people nowday call that romantic but truth is I am at least vanilla guy when comes to sex or any kind dreamy romantic relationship. I just prefer devoted relationship instead hunting girls around for the sake of sex. I have dignity to don't fell in this kind relationship where people sell their body like literally for nothing but pleasure of flesh and/or to use guy for the sake of profit and I don't talk about hookers. :dry:

You’ve got some strange ideas about sex but they are yours.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty much me

GoldenRoman

Every ISTP I can think of is male... and the personality type tends to skew more towards classic male stereotypes. I know I have met female ISTP's, but I wouldn't be able to pick them out in a crowd. How to female ISTP's behave? **My best guess would be that they would tend to play down their true character due to the stereotypical male characteristics. If they don't, they would come off to be somewhat tomboyish. Also, I'd guess you'd find them playing sports and interested in more technical areas like practical science and computers. What do you guys think? Any good female ISTP descriptions, or dead giveaways that have influenced you to believe the girl is an ISTP?

this is my first reply I don't know how to use this board yet so I hope this is right. I've always been a tomboy, even not realizing it. I remember showing my friends my favorite outfit that I thought was girly , camo pant, a pink spaghetti strap top and chucks..they were like oh like a tomboy.. when I was a little girl I for sure dressed like a boy. I played sports when I was little. As an adult i am a critical care nurse. I only like this area. I like the emergencies. I enjoy participating in codes. I like those type of situations. I dislike organized religion, clubs, I don't have any desire of belonging to clubs or following pointless rules or rules that seem to be there for no other reason but to control people.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
this is my first reply I don't know how to use this board yet so I hope this is right. I've always been a tomboy, even not realizing it. I remember showing my friends my favorite outfit that I thought was girly , camo pant, a pink spaghetti strap top and chucks..they were like oh like a tomboy.. when I was a little girl I for sure dressed like a boy. I played sports when I was little. As an adult i am a critical care nurse. I only like this area. I like the emergencies. I enjoy participating in codes. I like those type of situations. I dislike organized religion, clubs, I don't have any desire of belonging to clubs or following pointless rules or rules that seem to be there for no other reason but to control people.

Well ... society see female thinkers as "Tomboy" tho i don't think that gender identity and sexuality have any relationship with mbti .Of course , you can add that variable and get alot of "sub-types".

Fredzel

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hi,
I'm ISTP and I'm female. And it is a great thing for your career. Just think of it! Most women would need to actually WORK to get all the traits usefull in business where you are supposed to behave like a guy. You have it for granted.
Enter open discussion/disagreement and speak as often as guys- check
Be confident in area you know- check!
Fire back on dirty jokes without feeling "ashamed"- check

For me at least - I just don;t think what "girls" are supposed to do and how to behave. You can wear a dress and high heels and still jump through the fence because you gave 0 fucks for what you "should not" do. If sth. is possible (scaling a fence in dress), then you just do it.
We tend to have issues with having friends (with other women) because they are usually more "F" then "T". For me first sign of someone starting to cry means I'm running for my live. But it is much easier with guys (to befriend them).
I'm also competent phisically and can take lot's of phisicall risk with no issue. Lot's of pressure from outside (familly) not to because "it is not for lady". Usually just doing your stuff without even paying attention to comments helps a lot.

Lot's of work to do to develop your feelings if you are ISTP female. It just does not go naturally.
Good luck.

Fredzel

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm clasical ISTP, been there, done that. Guy grabbed my but. I did not feel offended or ashamed because what for. But I got thought that he kind'a gave me no choice, which sucks, so I wanted retribution. I grabbed his ass back. Hard. He looked so offended. But we were even.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know that not every SP is like that (i really like some of them) but why so many SP girls is so whore like? They have beautiful personality and I know what they really are yet butchered like this... it is a grief... :(

Why don't all of us ISTP females just stay pure and celibate just so men like Norexan can find us attractive?

What a joke. Just busy butchering myself and enjoying sex in every whorey slutty way I can find because I like it :D

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Why don't all of us ISTP females just stay pure and celibate just so men like Norexan can find us attractive?

What a joke. Just busy butchering myself and enjoying sex in every whorey slutty way I can find because I like it :D

I find sex without love disgusting. Simple, I feel disgusted because of my view toward love. Irony I am not disgusting man at all. I usually watch some "things" , eat and laugh. :)

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find sex without love awesome.

Osiris

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I don't think I downplay my "true character" because it's not feminine enough. I don't care enough.

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
How to female ISTP's behave?

**My best guess would be that they would tend to play down their true character due to the stereotypical male characteristics. If they don't, they would come off to be somewhat tomboyish.

My wife is an ISTP, who does claim to be tomboyish despite being an extreme feminist. And she doesn't play down her "male-like" traits, though it's not excluded that a female ISTP may force herself to look "female-like", as any IxTx type. But I think IxTP women are more likely to assume their "male-like" traits than IxTJ women.

One of my former girlfriends was ISTJ (pretty much a Tess Holliday lookalike with low self-esteem issues), and she tried to play "the traditional woman" despite keeping some "male-like" traits unpurposefully like being unaffectionate and aggressive. She might have admired my excessively affectionate tendencies (e.g. saying "I love you" or "you're extremely beautiful" or kissing her everywhere in her body every 15 minutes), but almost always said it was too much affection. I'm not a feminist, but I did call her a misogynist at some point (I used to hang out with fundamentalist Catholic women who thought men were superior to women, no joke ; for 10+ years).

Thoughts like "I'm a woman, I'll act like a woman" is more what I think J-like than P-like. The ISTJ ex-girlfriend above also thought persistently "I'm obese, I'm ugly", and acted like she was ugly despite being dated almost every week for being "physically attractive".

xWanderer

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm patient , easygoing , serious or a blank face but there's so much going on in my mind. I analyse and notice everything. To everyone who sees me they won't know what to think I often get asked whats wrong? are you okay?I worked in retail for a while I was always be told to smile more it was so frustrating. I hated it .I'm usually nice to most people I don't hate anyone until they give me a reason to hate them. I'm nice , calm , patient , under control I rarely get angry. However if someone does do something which I feel is wrong towards I have no problems standing up for myself being direct. Often people don't realise so they're almost shocked when they see that side of me . Occasionally I've had people try to walkover me when I'm very good at standing up for myself I won't let anyone try to bring me down. I can be stubborn when I've made up my mind about something nothing you do or say will change my mind. Unless there is supportive evidence I probably won't change my mind.. I'm not shy more a quiet confidence. I don't talk about my feelings I don't cry watching movies. I find it hard to finish things through to the end even shows I stop halfway through a series to something else then go back it. I disorganised but organised at the same time I know where everything is. I'm good at fixing most things i've repaired my mac few times I upgraded the ram and changed the battery .

I dress in more sporty clothes or jeans with runners occasionally I'll dress or skirt with boots when I really want to make an effort. I don't wear make up a lot only if I'm going out with people . When I wear make up I keep it natural looking . I don't care for getting my nails done it looks nice but it's more of inconvenience for me, I don't want to be worrying about breaking a nail . I do have a few girly things I enjoy like dying my hair the odd time I've gotten eyelash extensions but not on a regular basis . I like a few chick flicks but I mostly prefer action movies , fantasy or marvel / dc.

When I was in school/college I don't say a lot even if I fully understand everything . Occasionally I have spoken up for the most part I don't because I understand whats going on, I don't feel the need to say anything. I let the work speak for itself. I was terrible at maths best at english , science or geography.

Careerwise I've always found it hard to pick a career I change my mind constantly . I end up spending hours researching. I studied Management IT for a year then Business for a year and then a couple years later I studied Computer Systems and networking for a year I liked that more practical . Personally never really liked college or school to begin it's not for me. The only reason I went was because thats what were supposed to do and I didn't have a better idea at the time. I prefer working on the job. I ended up getting a job in general tech support for a a year then got another job in the airport went off track for a while doing none IT things going with the flow. I'm working on getting back into more technical IT support role .

I get along with most people mostly on a surface level. Had a lot of acquaintances over the years through work, school , college etc. Had more issues with females particularly the bitchy , overly emotional sometimes I've had girls hate me for no reason at all . I tend to ignore it . While I do get on better with guys I actually have more girl friends. They tend to me similar to me more reserved , we share some of the same interests they aren't the bitchy type more chill. I typically hang out with them on a one to one basis or small groups. I liked mixed groups . I find it hard to keep friends I don't always keep in contact until we make plans the odd time I might check up on people .

I do a lot of things by myself I love lifting weight in the gym or doing HIIT cardio. I've been to a few concerts or the cinema. I really enjoy it. I love animals or going for walks. Shopping I prefer to go by myself. Play some games on my ps4 I'm terrible at not finishing them to the end .

Relationships I've dated a bit I always go with the flow with most guys not quite gotten serious with anyone yet . I'm fairly picky I know what I like and what I don't won't date someone for the sake of it. I tend to prefer more extrovert guys . I'm alot warmer around a guy I like but I won't about talk my feelings I let my actions speak for itself. I don't need constant validation or texts . Fairly chill I don't have moodswings. Many guys have told me I'm quite different to other girls.

ps sorry for the long post .