• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Cognitive Function Results - ISTPs

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I dont know, I normally dont go into my memories to enjoy them, but to understand. Not exactly the "meaning" of the memory, to me thats more like reading into something, other then just looking at your memories and understanding. To me thats a difference between Fi and Ti in regards to memories. I have never had a desire to live in memories. I would prefer to sit bored trying to find something to do. This can be read into as much as anyone likes, I didnt have a bad life at all. I dont have any horrible memories that I want to forget.

:solidarity:

To be clear, it's only a few times I'd seen the enjoying memories thing, and I wondered at it because, for one, I've often taken it for granted that my own lack of attachment to the past was also not a question of horrible memories but of lack of interest in attending to detailed recollections, and I pinned that on Ni/Se. But also, for two, there's this point in Personality Types claiming that normal Se takes familiar points of reference as start points. So-o-o-o... pffft, something, I don't know, just studying up on SPs.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:solidarity:

To be clear, it's only a few times I'd seen the enjoying memories thing, and I wondered at it because, for one, I've often taken it for granted that my own lack of attachment to the past was also not a question of horrible memories but of lack of interest in attending to detailed recollections, and I pinned that on Ni/Se. But also, for two, there's this point in Personality Types claiming that normal Se takes familiar points of reference as start points. So-o-o-o... pffft, something, I don't know, just studying up on SPs.

The familiarity I equate to Se is in regard to doing things. I am not one who just jumps into something physical and goes all out, balls to the wall. Its like pacing myself and at the end of the day balls to the wall ends up my normal mode. Its why I wont buy a motorcycle. Its not because I think I am invinsible, but I know what my normal mode becomes. I love to show off as well which my normal mode usually allows me to do easily. And when I get angry and such I will push my normal mode even further.

edit: I am not someone who competes, I am someone who lives.

xNightBlade7

MBTI Type
ISTP
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************************** ********** (60.7)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************** (18.7)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************* (19.7)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************** (20.8)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************************** (39)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************************** (40.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********** (11.5)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.3)
average use

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, that's some insane Se. I've never seen anyone score over a 60 on any function before.

xNightBlade7

MBTI Type
ISTP
Wow, that's some insane Se. I've never seen anyone score over a 60 on any function before.

Yeah, I used to wonder if I were an ESTP because of that, but I'm in no way an extrovert. Too much time around people and I start getting really irritable and feel invaded. So I'm sticking with ISTP-having a really well developed Se.

ItsAlwaysSunny

MBTI Type
IDK
extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.9)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.3)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.2)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************************** (46.9)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.5)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *************************** (27.7)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTP, or INTP

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The OP thinks I am an ISTP so I will just most my results here:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37.6)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************** (26.2)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ***************************************** (41.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************* (19.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************** (22.3)
limited use

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
extraverted Sensing (Se) ****************************************** (42)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ***************** (17.4)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.4)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************************** (42.8)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.8)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************** (18.2)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************* (21.6)
limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ISTP, or ESTJ

......Not sure why it picked ESTP over ISTP. Clearly limited Fe and less limited Ni... :shrug:

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some old posts seemed interesting.

I do things (...) and they generally dont cause sensation as the things that would cause sensation with me are generally known as you say with Se which means that sensation is not that important whether it be real time or from memory. I dont know, Se is hard to explain for me in terms of sensation. Introverted Sensing seems to be sensation, but not extroverted sensing. I dont know...sensation seems to imply "internal" without a modifier added to it.

My exact problem with the naming of "extraverted sensation". Nice to see there's someone here who thinks the same about this. When dealing with the stuff out there in the world, I certainly don't focus on the sensation itself directly. I do like how Dario Nardi defines it, though. In that keys2cog test: "Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards." Notice, how it just talks about detecting stuff through the senses. That's exactly how it is.

But... you don't believe attention has a preferred focus? That if an Si person is actively looking outside themselves for new information, it's generally not novel physical information they're looking for, and if an Se person is looking inside themselves, they're generally not looking just for the sense memories, but for the meaning of those memories. All of that can be true even if each person gets exactly the same sense information over time. They just filter it differently.

This does raise an interesting point I have wondered about though. I have seen a few times around this site, SPs speak of enjoying their memories. It sounds like Si. But is it?

As for the memories thingie, I spend very little time with my memories. I don't really enjoy them much because I no longer have them in the present (and not even in the future). I sometimes do recall them for analysis or interpretation of stuff or something. Not purely for enjoyment, no.

The bolded, I dunno. If that happens it's done unconsciously. I don't really focus on trying to see this sort of stuff along the lines of "oh this is familiar". That's just not something I enjoy. But Se obviously has to rely on this to quite some extent. Not totally though, I would say, instead I have this un-prejudiced attitude to things being experienced. Like it's experienced just for that time right there and then.

I'm sorry if it's hard to explain. But I know not everyone is like this. A friend of mine said she only has this attitude when taking drugs :shrug: