• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Cognitive Function Results - ISFPs

D

Dali

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38.2)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********** (11.6)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************** (16.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.9)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (29)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** (50.8)
excellent use

I'm certain my Ne is lower than what's up there. Otherwise, nothing new there.

Sunny Ghost

:cheese:

Now someone explain to me what that means in real life. I was more concerned about my non existant Te/TI. :cry:

After reading the posts on Fe/Fi in the hot sex thread, then doing that test, I'm not surprised that I scored so high on Fi. :yes:

Doesn't age also play a role? Since at different stages of life the functions become developed?
i feel like i scored kind of low on Fi compared to how i actually am... maybe i need to retake the test... :huh:

also, i find the low Te/Ti suspicious compared to your enneagram. type 5's i relate most often to NT types... but then again, i'm not all that familiar with it and could be wrong on the matter. :thinking:

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/kid_info.html

I think the Auxiliary function starts to develop around the teens

The Tertiary function starts developing at around the twenties

And the Inferior/Aspirational function develops... whenever (don't think there was a set time frame.... probably those mid-life crisis sort of incidents can potentially trigger developing it more.)
i think the axillary develops earlier. i recall having a huge love for art class at age 5... i equated myself with artist and wanting to be an artist my entire life since the very first drawing lesson i ever had in first grade. i was fascinated by how you could draw a house, using perspective, and wanted to draw all the time after that. i'd say that's use of Se...

The inferior is often considered to develop post-30s, but it can happen before then, depending on the circumstances.

The tertiary is often considered to develop from about 20-40.
agreed on the tertiary. and it's almost a slap on the face when it shows up.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************** (38.2)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) *********** (11.6)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.5)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************************** (41.1)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) **************** (16.7)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.9)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************************** (29)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************************** (50.8)
excellent use

I'm certain my Ne is lower than what's up there. Otherwise, nothing new there.

i noticed your Ni is really high!

i wonder if it would help if everyone added in their ages with their results?

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i think the axillary develops earlier. i recall having a huge love for art class at age 5... i equated myself with artist and wanting to be an artist my entire life since the very first drawing lesson i ever had in first grade. i was fascinated by how you could draw a house, using perspective, and wanted to draw all the time after that. i'd say that's use of Se...

Could be possible, but most of us are still testing both of the auxiliary functions at around that age (for us, it should be Ne and Se) and the one we begin to "prefer" we end up adapting and developing that function at around our teens.

Sunny Ghost

Could be possible, but most of us are still testing both of the auxiliary functions at around that age (for us, it should be Ne and Se) and the one we begin to "prefer" we end up adapting and developing that function at around our teens.

that makes more sense... i'm trying to think back to childhood thoughts.

what would a childlike Ne thought process appear like? "why is the sky blue?"

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that makes more sense... i'm trying to think back to childhood thoughts.

what would a childlike Ne thought process appear like? "why is the sky blue?"

Could be, or it could just be coming up with ideas. As a kid, I was often the person who would come up with the game ideas that I could play with my neighborhood friends so that I could pass the time. But with that idea, I also used a lot of Se in the process playing games like Hide-and-Seek, Tag, Dodgeball, and etc.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
it comes out that way a lot. but compare me to an actual INFP and you'd see a difference.

i blame my enneagram and frequent Fi/Ni looping. ;)

Yeah I know what you mean. I look at Stepho's results too and see so much Ni, and considerable amounts of Ne, which would make some people think she's INFP, but I've communicated with her enough that I see, overall, the ISFP personality type. I guess you're the same. :)

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
i feel like i scored kind of low on Fi compared to how i actually am... maybe i need to retake the test... :huh:

also, i find the low Te/Ti suspicious compared to your enneagram. type 5's i relate most often to NT types... but then again, i'm not all that familiar with it and could be wrong on the matter. :thinking:

That's a good point about the enneagram type 5s. However, it's knowledge that I plan to use ie. gardening or personal growth. I have a very strong practical bent. I really don't care for knowlegde for knowledge's sake. Even in my conversation, it tend to be more information sharing rather than debating. I also have more Ns for friends of the few good friends I do have since they tend to understand me better or atleast take the time to understand me. I do plan to retake the test in a while to see if it makes a difference.

I have a hard time with logic, if it is associated with Te/Ti, and I'm not sure that I know what it is in a conversation. I know when someone is lying or BS but I find it hard to see logic.

I also wonder if being pregnant and/or nursing affects these results temporarily since the those hormones have a strong affect on the brain. And no, I am not using that as an excuse :D. The brain actually loses memory space in order to learn to multitask and to focus on the infant. Sorry, no links to scientific results.

Arn't ISFP, of all the senors, have the potiental to be the most intuitive?

Sunny Ghost

That's a good point about the enneagram type 5s. However, it's knowledge that I plan to use ie. gardening or personal growth. I have a very strong practical bent. I really don't care for knowlegde for knowledge's sake. Even in my conversation, it tend to be more information sharing rather than debating. I also have more Ns for friends of the few good friends I do have since they tend to understand me better or atleast take the time to understand me. I do plan to retake the test in a while to see if it makes a difference.

I have a hard time with logic, if it is associated with Te/Ti, and I'm not sure that I know what it is in a conversation. I know when someone is lying or BS but I find it hard to see logic.

I also wonder if being pregnant and/or nursing affects these results temporarily since the those hormones have a strong affect on the brain. And no, I am not using that as an excuse :D. The brain actually loses memory space in order to learn to multitask and to focus on the infant. Sorry, no links to scientific results.

Arn't ISFP, of all the senors, have the potiental to be the most intuitive?

knowledge with a practical bent is a very sensor quality. i'd say many S's here probably have shelves of books on gardening, cooking, personal growth... i have many of these types of books as well. i used to have a difficult time with fiction as i felt it was a waste of time and preferred to spend my time reading non-fiction books. i also enjoyed a lot of stuff on health and self efficiency, astrology, psychology, religious topics like buddhism, philosophy, karma, reincarnation, etc.

logic vs. emotions:
What is Critical Thinking?
No one always acts purely objectively and rationally. We connive for selfish interests. We gossip, boast, exaggerate, and equivocate. It is "only human" to wish to validate our prior knowledge, to vindicate our prior decisions, or to sustain our earlier beliefs. In the process of satisfying our ego, however, we can often deny ourselves intellectual growth and opportunity. We may not always want to apply critical thinking skills, but we should have those skills available to be employed when needed.

Critical thinking includes a complex combination of skills. Among the main characteristics are the following:
Rationality
We are thinking critically when we

* rely on reason rather than emotion,
* require evidence, ignore no known evidence, and follow evidence where it leads, and
* are concerned more with finding the best explanation than being right analyzing apparent confusion and asking questions.

Self-awareness

* weigh the influences of motives and bias, and
* recognize our own assumptions, prejudices, biases, or point of view.

Honesty
We are thinking critically when we recognize emotional impulses, selfish motives, nefarious purposes, or other modes of self-deception.
Open-mindedness

* evaluate all reasonable inferences
* consider a variety of possible viewpoints or perspectives,
* remain open to alternative interpretations
* accept a new explanation, model, or paradigm because it explains the evidence better, is simpler, or has fewer inconsistencies or covers more data
* accept new priorities in response to a reevaluation of the evidence or reassessment of our real interests, and
* do not reject unpopular views out of hand.

Discipline

* are precise, meticulous, comprehensive, and exhaustive
* resist manipulation and irrational appeals, and
* avoid snap judgments.

Judgment

* recognize the relevance and/or merit of alternative assumptions and perspectives
* recognize the extent and weight of evidence

In sum,

* Critical thinkers are by natureskeptical. They approach texts with the same skepticism and suspicion as they approach spoken remarks.
* Critical thinkers areactive, not passive. They ask questions and analyze. They consciously apply tactics and strategies to uncover meaning or assure their understanding.
* Critical thinkers do not take an egotistical view of the world. They areopento new ideas and perspectives. They are willing to challenge their beliefs and investigate competing evidence.

Critical thinking enables us to recognize a wide range of subjective analyses of otherwise objective data, and to evaluate how well each analysis might meet our needs. Facts may be facts, but how we interpret them may vary.

By contrast, passive, non-critical thinkers take a simplistic view of the world.

* They see things in black and white, as either-or, rather than recognizing a variety of possible understanding.
* They see questions as yes or no with no subtleties.
* They fail to see linkages and complexities.
* They fail to recognize related elements.

Non-critical thinkers take an egotistical view of the world

* They taketheirfacts as the only relevant ones.
* They taketheir ownperspective as the only sensible one.
* They taketheir goalas the only valid one.

Sunny Ghost

oh, and yes, I've always heard people say that ISxP's are the most intuitive of the sensors... as well as the most extroverted of the introverts... haha.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well yeah.
ISXP are considered the Extroverted Introverts
ENXP are considered the Introverted Extroverts

I believe it has to deal with how Ne and Se are used.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
knowledge with a practical bent is a very sensor quality. i'd say many S's here probably have shelves of books on gardening, cooking, personal growth... i have many of these types of books as well. i used to have a difficult time with fiction as i felt it was a waste of time and preferred to spend my time reading non-fiction books. i also enjoyed a lot of stuff on health and self efficiency, astrology, psychology, religious topics like buddhism, philosophy, karma, reincarnation, etc.

I love books and enjoy having a library. :wubbie: Of course, it would only reflect my interests and funny enough, my library is private, not for the public to see.

I tested as a very strong sensor about two years ago (70% on one of those simple freebie test) so it is nice to see some Ne/Ni on my test. It seems to reflects my personal growth in my life.

IndyAnnaJoan said:
logic vs. emotions:
What is Critical Thinking?
No one always acts purely objectively and rationally. We connive for selfish interests. We gossip, boast, exaggerate, and equivocate. It is "only human" to wish to validate our prior knowledge, to vindicate our prior decisions, or to sustain our earlier beliefs. In the process of satisfying our ego, however, we can often deny ourselves intellectual growth and opportunity. We may not always want to apply critical thinking skills, but we should have those skills available to be employed when needed.

Critical thinking includes a complex combination of skills. Among the main characteristics are the following:
Rationality

* rely on reason rather than emotion,
* require evidence, ignore no known evidence, and follow evidence where it leads, and
* are concerned more with finding the best explanation than being right analyzing apparent confusion and asking questions.

Self-awareness

* weigh the influences of motives and bias, and
* recognize our own assumptions, prejudices, biases, or point of view.

Honesty
We are thinking critically when we recognize emotional impulses, selfish motives, nefarious purposes, or other modes of self-deception.
Open-mindedness

* evaluate all reasonable inferences
* consider a variety of possible viewpoints or perspectives,
* remain open to alternative interpretations
* accept a new explanation, model, or paradigm because it explains the evidence better, is simpler, or has fewer inconsistencies or covers more data
* accept new priorities in response to a reevaluation of the evidence or reassessment of our real interests, and
* do not reject unpopular views out of hand.

Discipline

* are precise, meticulous, comprehensive, and exhaustive
* resist manipulation and irrational appeals, and
* avoid snap judgments.

Judgment

* recognize the relevance and/or merit of alternative assumptions and perspectives
* recognize the extent and weight of evidence

In sum,

* Critical thinkers are by natureskeptical. They approach texts with the same skepticism and suspicion as they approach spoken remarks.
* Critical thinkers areactive, not passive. They ask questions and analyze. They consciously apply tactics and strategies to uncover meaning or assure their understanding.
* Critical thinkers do not take an egotistical view of the world. They areopento new ideas and perspectives. They are willing to challenge their beliefs and investigate competing evidence.

Critical thinking enables us to recognize a wide range of subjective analyses of otherwise objective data, and to evaluate how well each analysis might meet our needs. Facts may be facts, but how we interpret them may vary.

By contrast, passive, non-critical thinkers take a simplistic view of the world.

* They see things in black and white, as either-or, rather than recognizing a variety of possible understanding.
* They see questions as yes or no with no subtleties.
* They fail to see linkages and complexities.
* They fail to recognize related elements.

Non-critical thinkers take an egotistical view of the world

* They take their facts as the only relevant ones.
* They take their own perspective as the only sensible one.
* They take their goal as the only valid one.

This is excellent. Thank you! :hug:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love books and enjoy having a library. :wubbie: Of course, it would only reflect my interests and funny enough, my library is private, not for the public to see.

I tested as a very strong sensor about two years ago (70% on one of those simple freebie test) so it is nice to see some Ne/Ni on my test. It seems to reflects my personal growth in my life.

I'm not that great with books. :(

I'm not sure why, they just bore me. I do read (don't get me wrong,) however, I haven't found many books that I can truly like outside of visual novels (comics, manga, etc,) fantasy, fiction, and just a little bit of sci-fi (Ender's Game :D.)

Other than that, you can say that I read TONS of things (especially online,) just...books are... :dry:

Though I do read when I have to (like for college and reading manuals for something.)

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm not that great with books. :(

I'm not sure why, they just bore me. I do read (don't get me wrong,) however, I haven't found many books that I can truly like outside of visual novels (comics, manga, etc,) fantasy, fiction, and just a little bit of sci-fi (Ender's Game :D.)

Other than that, you can say that I read TONS of things (especially online,) just...books are... :dry:

Though I do read when I have to (like for college and reading manuals for something.)

My ISTP husband doesn't like books or reading either unless it some techincal manual on vehicles or he is reading to our children.

I think it has to due with my enneagram 5. It's like I hoard information in my head so that I can make sense of the world.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What I thought was weird was this was the first time ever that I had a higher score for Ti than Te. I must have spent too much time with my INTP brother back in the Summer. ;)

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What I thought was weird was this was the first time ever that I had a higher score for Ti than Te. I must have spent too much time with my INTP brother back in the Summer. ;)

What I found interesting was that for most of us, our Te were second to the lasts of the functions. :D

Aside from this test telling me I was an EXFP.

My ISTP husband doesn't like books or reading either unless it some techincal manual on vehicles or he is reading to our children.

I think it has to due with my enneagram 5. It's like I hoard information in my head so that I can make sense of the world.

The only time I hoard information in my head is college mid-terms/finals or if there is something important that needs remembering. Other than that, I tend to just let information come to me without worrying about hoarding it. If I need information on something I'll look for it.

It is sort of like I'll learn how to do "X" eventually.

I'll learn how to make scramble eggs eventually (by watching my siblings when I was little.)
I'll learn the components to the computer eventually (by owning my own computer and changing parts of it.)
I'll learn how to put air into my car tires by going to the gas station to put air into my tires.
I'll learn a programming concept eventually by trying it out instead of constantly reading about it.
etc....

I learn better by example rather than by only reading about something. Which is why I score pretty high on visual/spatial. :)

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The only time I hoard information in my head is college mid-terms/finals or if there is something important that needs remembering. Other than that, I tend to just let information come to me without worrying about hoarding it. If I need information on something I'll look for it.

It is sort of like I'll learn how to do "X" eventually.

I'll learn how to make scramble eggs eventually (by watching my siblings when I was little.)
I'll learn the components to the computer eventually (by owning my own computer and changing parts of it.)
I'll learn how to put air into my car tires by going to the gas station to put air into my tires.
I'll learn a programming concept eventually by trying it out instead of constantly reading about it.
etc....

I learn better by example rather than by only reading about something. Which is why I score pretty high on visual/spatial. :)

There is no subsitute for actually doing something to learn it, no matter how much you read. :yes: I even see that in my children, they learn by example (including my behaviour). It's monkey see, monkey do. Well anyways, I've changed my enneagram to 4w5 but I still like to hoard info my brain for when I do have the time to do something. My books are my references when I don't remember what I've read. I've aways wanted to reinvent the wheel and I don't know why!

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Your Cognitive Development Profile
The forty-eight questions you rated earlier tap into the eight cognitive processes. Some questions tapped into basic or developed use of a process used by itself, while other questions tapped into use of multiple processes at once. The profile below is based on your responses. The number of squares indicate strength of response. The equivalent numeric is shown in parentheses along with likely level of development.
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************* (37.2)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************* (37)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************************** (40)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********* (9.6)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.8)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************* (33.1)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ESTP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTP is a hell of a lot different than ISFP.