• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] istp's Do you want kids?

Homer

MBTI Type
ISTJ
wow this isn't what I expected when my first search................."kids" came up with.:shock:

until recently I thought I was an ISTP, and I have always wanted kids but knew the "perfect" partner would be important for me to jump into a unselfish lifestyle change.

as for the planned parenting discussion.......... use condoms w/spermicide :yes:

100% effective for us, 3 kids all planned. ok maybe the last one was timing:newwink:

cheers

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My step-brother is an ISTP and he wants kids... but probably only one he says.... and not until he's mature enough he says... (He'll be 31.) I'm guessing he's aiming to have one by 40-ish, but we'll see. He loves being the independent kid that he is.

Homer

MBTI Type
ISTJ
My step-brother is an ISTP and he wants kids... but probably only one he says.... and not until he's mature enough he says... (He'll be 31.) I'm guessing he's aiming to have one by 40-ish, but we'll see. He loves being the independent kid that he is.

lots of time..........I was a first time dad at 37, 3rd(last one) at 43. my only regret is not meeting my wife sooner in life's journey.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I absolutely do not want children. I do not think babies are cute or kids are fun. Some are okay, like some adults are okay, but I have no use for most of them.
The #1 reason people have children is because - surprise, it was an accident. Maybe they'd eventually decide to have children, but not right then and if they knew any better, not with the baby's mother/father. Other, even more ridiculous reasons, are better left for their own thread. This is one of few topics I am really passionate about.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe. But I think it will be too late by the time I find everything in life that I think would make a good life for the kids. I started out slow lol.......and wasted a lot of time. I'm a few years behind everyone else.
I think kids would be good for me in a lot of ways. But I probably won't have them......

They seem like a lot of work, time, and energy, and I am mostly self-absorbed right now. By the time I can take a breath, it will probably be too late.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The thread title sounds like the opener to a kick in the nuts :D

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I *love* kids. Don't think I want any of my own though. I used to want three, but life experiences made me change my mind. I'm open to more life experiences that convince my to change my mind/hone my preferences more though.

I have a fuck ton of cousins in a close kint extended family though, so right now I'd be happy just being the fun auntie.

(And it goes without saying, but I'll reinterate it anyway, don't think it has anything to do with ISTP-ness.)

LeftKick

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5 sp
Nope, don't want kids. I wouldn't mind skipping the kids part and going straight to grandkids, but that's it. Hang out with them,buy um loud toys and ice cream, give um back.
I can relate to the post earlier about not being a good roll model, but being told once and awhile that I am. Don't see it.
On another note, I don't really like the term "accidental" for pregnancies. They are almost all "on purposes". You didn't "accidentally" bump into the person,and oops you're pregnant. Unplanned or unexpected pregnancy is a more reasonable term. Every other part of the conception was on purpose. (most of the time).

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I wouldn't want kids at this stage of my life, but after seeing my sisters kid I think I might reconsider in my late 30's. As for ISTPs we just want our freedom and independence that's it, it's defiantly limited when you have kids so a stable income/job and enough life experience would change an ISTP's mind.

mountainofdew

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Recall:
Well it turns out he doesn't want kids afterall...You poor emotional retard...

I'm in my mid-30's and I don't want kids. I hate dealing with emotions. If I married someone who wanted them, I would within limits: no more than two. I'd like to believe that I would be a good father...

Yes, I am selfish, and occasionally lazy. No, I don't buy the over population arguement. There is some good info in here if you can overlook certain button pushers.

R

Riva

'As long as they can fight.' That's what must be going through their/ISTP minds right now.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I think my DNA should be distributed as widely as possible. The more of me out there, the better this world will be.

Number one trait I'm looking for in a partner is fertility.

KDude

The idea seems cool, but I value my freedom. Sounds like a major hassle. Also, you need to be rich these days to have a kid.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
'As long as they can fight.' That's what must be going through their/ISTP minds right now.

Then I'm not an ISTP.

By the way, I want 3 kids. Or even 5.

KDude

I didn't see that comment earlier. If I had a daughter, I'd probably think that. Besides, some of my friends' daughters are the complete opposite. One grabbed me once and wanted me to play with her castle..dollhouse.. thing and act out roles and stuff. I was mortified. How could I deal with a lifetime of that? You can't say "This is stupid", for sure.

ENTPs would make the best dad for girly-girls. They like watching My Little Pony well into their 30s.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't see that comment earlier. If I had a daughter, I'd probably think that. Besides, some of my friends' daughters are the complete opposite. One grabbed me once and wanted me to play with her castle..dollhouse.. thing and act out roles and stuff. I was mortified. How could I deal with a lifetime of that? You can't say "This is stupid", for sure.

Hum, no. I don't see why I would prefer a masculine girl who can fight especially. Actually, I see her more to be the Prom Queen. I think that if I had a daughter i would be a bit of a macho father, like color her bedroom in pink or something.

Boys are differents. If I had sons, I would naturally expect that they are able to defend themselves in a good fight, of course.

ENTPs would make the best dad for girly-girls. They like watching My Little Pony well into their 30s.

Whoah! Hell, but that mean that I'am a true and total ENTP then! I would really love to do that. :happy2: