• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP Goals

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are any of you currently trying to clear hurdles? Or is there a long-term goal you're striving for? Any of you feeling aimless or stuck? I need to relate to somebody. I'm going to be some sort of music master. Everything else doesn't seem to matter as much

wolfy

awsm
Was talking about goals and stuff in my blog on here. Pretty much that whole page.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are any of you currently trying to clear hurdles?
Yes, my projects and finals for this semester. :rofl1:

Or is there a long-term goal you're striving for?
Many. But for now, I think it is best to tackle them one at a time. And for a few other goals, to let them work themselves out.

Any of you feeling aimless or stuck?
I have lots of vague ideas on what I want to do in the long term. As of right now I might have settle down a little bit. It took a while to understand what I wanted to do as a career. I had to literally jot in my mind what I liked and what I hated, What sparked my interest and what bore me to bits, what I seem to spend a lot of my free time on, and what seem to be just work, work and more work.

I need to relate to somebody. I'm going to be some sort of music master. Everything else doesn't seem to matter as much
Like I said, it took me a while to understand what kind of career was right for me because I wasn't really sure what I wanted out of a career. If you research music quite a bit and like it a lot, go for it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
-Get rich
-Get good at things I like
-Have fun

Sunny Ghost

oh, this topic just depresses me at the moment. :(

i'm true to the ISFP in that i'm always changing my mind on what i want to do, or study. my interests will captivate me for a little while, then i move on to something else. since i've been in college, i've studied art, anthropology, psychology and environmental studies. now... i'm considering switching to a technical college for nursing. my interests are often along the lines of art, nature and helping people. but... who knows tomorrow? i sure hope i can stay focused long enough in nursing to establish a career in it.

Sunny Ghost

i'm true to the ISFP in that i'm always changing my mind on what i want to do, or study. my interests will captivate me for a little while, then i move on to something else. since i've been in college, i've studied art, anthropology, psychology and environmental studies. now... i'm considering switching to a technical college for nursing. my interests are often along the lines of art, nature and helping people. but... who knows tomorrow? i sure hope i can stay focused long enough in nursing to establish a career in it.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Right now, one of my goals is to work on my Spanish to get it to be a functional form of communication again. I will be headed to an intensive language program in Ecuador at the end of January. I will spend four weeks at a language school and will then spend four weeks at a volunteer program in Ecuador. I am hoping to be able to communicate proficiently in Spanish by the time that I return home. The language school also offers online classes so I intend to take regular lessons, even after I am back at home.
Another goal is to keep drawing and painting and to continue to improve my skills in those areas. In Ecuador, there will be a lot of interesting things to draw, paint, and photograph.
When I return home, I will try to write and illustrate a bilingual children's book about Ecuador.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Holy crap. Me too. Exactly. Art, psychology, anthropology (well not so much but a little). And now I'm strongly considering becoming a nurse.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hurdle ... Why yes I am... I am staring at this Anatomy & Physiology book repeatedly telling myself I can do it... I can put in the focus required to tackle this class... I hope. :cry:

Goosebump

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
To be well-traveled and experience many interesting things. To be more worldly.

My goals to get there? I have no clue. I don't like making short term goals because it seems to me like they're constantly changing depending on whatever I find to be interesting at the moment. Also, I can see many sides of different choices and tend to weigh them on the same level, so it's really hard to make a decision. It doesn't help that I'm not super passionate about anything. I just pretty much do things for fun. When they get too serious or difficult, I usually back out. :dry:

Sometimes I wish I were more decisive and ambitious.:shrug:

Sunny Ghost

Holy crap. Me too. Exactly. Art, psychology, anthropology (well not so much but a little). And now I'm strongly considering becoming a nurse.
:D sunshine, i think we're the same person.

Hurdle ... Why yes I am... I am staring at this Anatomy & Physiology book repeatedly telling myself I can do it... I can put in the focus required to tackle this class... I hope. :cry:
you can do it!

To be well-traveled and experience many interesting things. To be more worldly.

My goals to get there? I have no clue. I don't like making short term goals because it seems to me like they're constantly changing depending on whatever I find to be interesting at the moment. Also, I can see many sides of different choices and tend to weigh them on the same level, so it's really hard to make a decision. It doesn't help that I'm not super passionate about anything. I just pretty much do things for fun. When they get too serious or difficult, I usually back out. :dry:

Sometimes I wish I were more decisive and ambitious.:shrug:
i think this is an overall ISFP problem. :(

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
you can do it!

Thanks! I spent all last night writing out definitions to get a jump start on my two classes! I'm determined to do well.... As long as I can keep the usual procrastination at bay.....

PS... This is my sixth major now.... I've got one degree already (Thank God!), but now I'm in the process of trying to find one that I really enjoy.... Computers, architecture, legal assistant, engineering, psychology, and now Nutrition and Wellness!?