• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP - What is your "life task"?

Applesandhoney

MBTI Type
ENFJ
ISTPs - when you think about the one thing that you feel you constantly need to work on during life, what is it?

As an example, for me (ENFJ) it would be to take care of my own needs better and not depend so much on my environment. I know this is completely a non-issue for ISTPs (something I admire very much!) so I'm curious to know what it is that you guys struggle with or work towards.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
For me, I usually try to just get better at everything I do. When I'm learning a new skill I want to be the best at it. Another thing is pretty the same as you, trying to be independent and not rely on other for anything.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure I have the sense of a "life task", or anything I'm particularly motivated to improve in myself. There are several large areas that I would like to improve in, and of course a million less important areas. No single thing, really.

The things that are the most disruptive to my desired life are (roughly equally):

1. social "anxieties" and associated cowardice, and difficulty expressing myself verbally (i.e. on the spot)
2. procrastination and general laziness
3. absentmindedness, forgetfulness, disorganization

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Knowing when to assert myself in regards to core ideas and principles I care about and when to be emotionally vulnerable (this doesn't happen very often).

Also realising that on occasion I need to say the things I normally keep to myself. Examples:

"That's a bad idea and will probably get you hurt."

"I love you."