• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Wondering what SP's beliefs are

H'wut err urrr boleaves?

• Gnostic Theist

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Agnostic Theist

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Gnostic Atheist

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Agnostic Atheist

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Implicit Atheist

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • ALL OF THEM/none of them

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
PLEASE VOTE :D

and please don't start a debate whos view is correct, thats for that other board/place

If you don't kno the difference:

Gnostic Theist: "I believe in a God, and we can prove it."

Agnotstic Theist: "I believe in a God, but I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

Gnostic Atheist: "I don't believe in a God, and I think we can prove it."

Agnostic Atheist: "I don't believe in a God, and I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

Implicit Atheism: Basically people who havn't made up thier minds yet, like newborns.

Explicit Atheism: An active disbelief.(one of the first two atheistic beliefs)

Sorry if none of those choices suit you.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Looks like you left explicit atheist out of the poll.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd personally prefer the choice "something" :cool:

I'm somehow inclined to beleive in things like the goddess of weather or the god of sales when the situation presses... the idea of some strict old man in the sky kind of doesn't work for me :thumbdown:

gromit

likes this
I used to get so frustrated at church, wondering how people could be so certain of things that cannot be proven or observed directly.

For the poll, I put agnostic theist, because it's the closest to my beliefs. I believe in goodness, and love, and things like that, and I think they have a power of their own. I have no way of knowing if there's a God the way people think (i.e. whatever's description of an old man in the sky, for example), I have no evidence for that, but I have evidence - less tangible - of the power of love, kindness, etc. and I have experienced spiritual connections to nature, to other people, and so forth.

It's hard to describe I guess.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agnostic, personally speaking, it doesn't have to be about god. As for which boat. I say that a religion might be real, but the same could be said that religion might not be real. But to believe that science is everything real is a far stretch when we cannot solve 100% of everything on this whole entire universe, nor be able to explore it.

It can be about other religions also. I'm agnostic in the sense that science cannot fully disprove religion on some levels while religion cannot disapprove what science has found. I mean, "science" as a whole could of been said to be fantasy when we think about it (Ex: alchemy.)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agnostic theist. I'm more spiritual than religious though.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I believe God is real, but transcends any kind of "proof" that humans could accomplish.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Depends on what you mean by "proof," don't you think?

I'm going to go ahead and say "Agnostic Theist" because I'm guessing by "proof" you mean typical scientific, empirical data. A God that could be proved that way isn't even worth believing in...

EDIT: Interesting, same proportion of "Agnostic" to "Gnostic" in both Atheist and Theist. :thinking:

I definitely believe there's alot of merit in the circumstantial evidence of creation, the way the Big Bang occurred, the nature of existence, etc that proves God to those who truly understand the arguments, and a God who couldn't fulfill those criteria wouldn't be worth believing in. But of course that's nothing like the type of proof I referred to before.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
If god came down from heaven and started smoting people with lightening bolts right in front of my eyes that would be pretty good proof, except for all I know that could just be a super powerful alien messing with us humans for the lulz.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
"materialism holds that the only thing that exists is matter; that all things are composed of material and all phenomena (including consciousness) are the result of material interactions."

Pretty much this, but I suppose it doesn't remove the possibility of a god-like entity. When it comes to that, to avoid offending anyone, I'll simply say there is a lack of evidence, and if something "exists" but is beyond our comprehension, then I have no business attempting to interact or understand it.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
If god came down from heaven and started smoting people with lightening bolts right in front of my eyes that would be pretty good proof, except for all I know that could just be a super powerful alien messing with us humans for the lulz.

That would be pretty cool, though.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7

Yea especially if it somehow gets access to our religious texts.. wonder if it could do something to satisfy all religious people?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yea especially if it somehow gets access to our religious texts..

Space, the final evangelical frontier...

Missionaries in Space! They should make a TV show.

Shiet_Happens

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6?
I edited this post because I realized it may have started a debate or something, and I wanted this to be just a poll. So thanks for voting :D, and vote if you still havn't :mad:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
If god came down from heaven and started smoting people with lightening bolts right in front of my eyes that would be pretty good proof
A God like that wouldn't be worth believing in anyway...

except for all I know that could just be a super powerful alien messing with us humans for the lulz.
hah, yeah, totally... or a mass hallucination...

"materialism holds that the only thing that exists is matter; that all things are composed of material and all phenomena (including consciousness) are the result of material interactions."
But that doesn't make sense. If that were true, how could we think about thinking or consciousness? It seems to lend to the idea of a meta-consciousness or some kind of soul.