• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Wondering what SP's beliefs are

H'wut err urrr boleaves?

• Gnostic Theist

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Agnostic Theist

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Gnostic Atheist

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Agnostic Atheist

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Implicit Atheist

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • ALL OF THEM/none of them

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
A God like that wouldn't be worth believing in anyway....

This is interesting, what does worth have to do with belief?

Example: The moon's gravitational pull causes the tides.

When deciding whether I believe this statement or not, where does worth come into it?

Or is it more like "believe" as in believing in a certain politician?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
This is interesting, what does worth have to do with belief?

Example: The moon's gravitational pull causes the tides.

When deciding whether I believe this statement or not, where does worth come into it?

Or is it more like "believe" as in believing in a certain politician?
Yes. Well no, not exactly like a politician. I love this line from Brand New:

"There's an ember in the heart of the kiln / and it's burning hot with love / burning all my sins until there's nothing but dust / holding me with care into your cigarette / because the God I believe in never walked on a campaign trail."

I tend to think since God is the source of everything, he's the biggest metaphor, combining parent/lover/friend/sibling/manager/servant/etc. So there are tons of levels to feel out trust in.

Most people think when christians talk about "believing in" God they mean to simply believe he exists. But that really has nothing to do with it. Tons of people believe he/she exists but don't have a relationship with him/her. And then on the other hand, plenty of people don't want to believe "in" a God until they begin to learn to trust him/her in some way.

A lot of believing in God, to me, amounts to believing that the concrete essence of this universe is goodness and love, and that really isn't something that can be taken away from you. However you believe the source of all that goodness/love expresses itself, whatever form it takes, well that's more or less up to you. But if you believe the same basic thing then you are my brother and friend.

Jesus said the dude who talks smack about him will be excused since nobody has the full story on Jesus, and some people have very bad depictions. But the one who talks smack about the very nature of goodness and love... well that's kinda different.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
PLEASE VOTE :D

and please don't start a debate whos view is correct, thats for that other board/place

You obviously are more familiar with the other boards. We're not like that here. :cool:

By your definitions I'm an:

Agnostic Theist: "I believe in a God, but I don't think we can prove or disprove it."

I would add that I think it's a pointless endeavor to try to prove or disprove it.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Which one says: "I don't believe, and don't care whether it is provable/nonprovable"?

Sunny Ghost

i voted agnostic theist. i believe in something. and i'll call that something a god.

i've always liked the hindu perception of nirguna brahman. it's greater than us and too hard to perceive of or define and label.