• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Why ESTP's are Fantastic!

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
This thread is devoted to our much overlooked STP's , especially our lone extrovert Whatever. So belly up to the bar, everyone, and let's learn about them! :)

Portrait of an ESTP

I need Magic in here to illuminate the glories of our wonderful STP's.
That is one of the better descriptions of that type. I was just reading over some information on the ESP in general, and maintain that at least for the ESTP, there is a pattern of behavior that coincides with the "Doer" description.
On the job, they appreciate having the right tools and are quite ingenious at finding ways to fix and repair things with dexterity. They love variety and are curious and adventurous, enjoying the unexpected. Their brand of extraversion is one of deeds rather than words. As long as things are moving along, they are happy. They like to keep things simple and immediate, going with the flow. They are helpful in very concrete ways, providing the correct tools or specific service the person requires. They often have an uncanny ability to respond appropriately in cases of emergencies, often having excellent reflexes. They act without thinking. They also tend to have natural mediating skills.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I would *love* to meet an ESTP.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Do any of you ISTPs go through high energy moments of appearing more ESTP, where you find yourselves being very direct, wanting to get task completed and being more aggressive than usual?

maliafee

Growing up, if my ESTP older brother heard I was actually going out, he would give me any money in his wallet, no strings attached. Real sweetheart. ESTPs are terrific. I think he has the hardest time with his feelings though, ack, when forced to face them.

Malia
ISFP

Unique

Growing up, if my ESTP older brother heard I was actually going out, he would give me any money in his wallet, no strings attached. Real sweetheart. ESTPs are terrific. I think he has the hardest time with his feelings though, ack, when forced to face them.

Malia
ISFP

Too true

We often think by being generous people will love us then when they don't it hurts us which is bad cause we get awkward with our feelings as it is lol. We just don't understand why this person wouldn't be happy!

We just want everyone to enjoy life to love every moment as you won't get another chance!

But I like being the cool headed one :) and able to think rationally about everything without an emotional bias

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
I get that from my ESTP lil bro too. lol.
I like them very much and get along with them. I enjoy the energy, going to movies and so on. And perhaps because of being used to my brother, I don't feel pressured to really be different, so it's comfy. Not a very detailed answer..

i get the same thing from the guy i like. hes a year younger but hes a lot taller & has a bigger build in general and he always has to remind me of this when i say hes younger :rolli:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I've initiated conversation with an ESTP, it's never been bad, ever. It just seems like there really isn't anything bad I've ever gone through with a healthy ESTP. We get along just fine.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Frequently hanging out with an ESTP is like living in an Indiana Jones movie.

Only good can come of this.

Unless you hate snakes.

Unique

When I've initiated conversation with an ESTP, it's never been bad, ever. It just seems like there really isn't anything bad I've ever gone through with a healthy ESTP. We get along just fine.

Same for me with INFPs I don't know what I'd do without them !

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have an ESTP friend. She's awesome -- decisive, confident, pays attention to details, charismatic and sure of her future. She's also very physical and does a lot of sports for fun. I admire her connectedness to her body and her focus.

maliafee

Frequently hanging out with an ESTP is like living in an Indiana Jones movie.

Only good can come of this.

Unless you hate snakes.

*giggles* I love Indiana Jones movies! Who wouldn't wanna hang out with Indy?!!!

ESTPs are only bad if you judge their traits badly (unless they're really unhealthy of course).

For instance, if you have this expectations that ESTPs are going to be all warm and fuzzy with you (mentally), you set yourself up for disappointment.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For instance, if you have this expectations that ESTPs are going to be all warm and fuzzy with you (mentally), you set yourself up for disappointment.

Exactly. They don't really do warm and fuzzy, but they do a pretty good job at fun and affectionate.

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
ESTPs are fantastic because they try hard to be fantastic. Ironic.

J/K folks.

Unique

ESTPs are fantastic because they bump threads about how fantastic they are

R

Riva

my sister is an ESTP. I love/and hate the way she milks the rich INTJs.

"It's a kind of magic!"

D

Dali

LOL @ Ravana's sis.

I LOOOOOOOVE their sense of fun and the fact that they're generally up for my craziest ideas and vice versa.

Additionally, as has been mentioned, most of them are the most altruistic people you'll ever meet.

R

Riva

LOL @ Ravana's sis.

I LOOOOOOOVE their sense of fun and the fact that they're generally up for my craziest ideas and vice versa.

Additionally, as has been mentioned, most of them are the most altruistic people you'll ever meet.

i agree with this. she does fight for other people's rights in a very selfless way. she even makes enemies which is hardly true with me.

maybe she just controls and uses hes BFs to see how much they love her. poor buggers.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
My best friend is ESTP -- the most persistent person you'll ever meet, which is one of the reasons I think I've been able to connect so well with him, like an anchor :D I never feel uncomfortable around him, and he really knows how to make things exciting~ I have never argued with him either

LOVE my ESTP~~