• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP's

jixmixfix

Permabanned
How are you at dancing?. I realized this weekend that I'm just terrible at dancing... which is pretty sad because I can play 3 instruments. :S I tend be either 1 of 2 things on the dance floor. Too aloof and not fully in the music or too aggressive and over the top. Plus I think dancing is kinda lame, so that doesn't help. :violin:

Last edited:

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't think I'm anything special when it comes to dancing, and I usually hate it. Feel self-conscious and look ridiculous, but that's where alcohol helps immensely :banana:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
a long while ago my cousin had this party and i was dancing like a total idiot with these girls in the living room until the cops came. i got into it. i doubt i'm a good dancer but there was good energy.

i went to a place the other week that had a small dance floor. let me tell you: if there was ever a group of white kids that couldn't dance, this was it. i eventually forced myself to get out there and dance, but i quickly realized there were no girls, and i just felt stupid. i was already out of my element, and this certainly was not some trendy club either.

i don't know how i'd feel going to a club like in downtown DC (people talk about club "Fur" or something). i might either really like it or be disgusted with all the bullshit and cocky assholes and stuck up annoying girls that are the stereotype of such clubs.

but i have a funny history of dancing. i was at this small town bar in vermont and i remember dancing with a bunch of random people and it was hilarious and embarrassing but fun.

dancing is good if you have a partner. it sucks if you don't.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Since I'm black, I'm expected to be a good dancer. It's a reallllly strong expectation/stereotype. As such, I can probably dance better than I could if I were white with the same personality, just because I've been pushed to do it more due to the reasons mentioned. Still, I generally dislike dancing, and I'd only consider myself good at it in those rare moments when I'm just "on it" and in the right mood. Most times I'm just not into it. I guess there's just too much "feeling" involved in dancing, to where you have to really be in the same vibe as the crowd or dance partner, and I don't shift my own vibe into alignment.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
yeah sorry for perpetuating that one. i know that it's bs.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm terrible and I don't dance if I can possibly avoid it.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an awful, awful dancer. I avoid it at all costs. But inevitably, if you get enough booze in me, I will make a moron out of myself on the dance floor.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Teach me how to dougie, t-teach me how to dougie!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dancing is one of my favourite activities, and I'm pretty good at this.

phoenity

If you try to dance with Ti, you'll look and feel robotic. I've experienced this.

I think dancing is all about feeling. Since we aren't feelers, this doesn't come naturally. But you've got to feel the music. Let go of all the tension in your body. Let go of your "self". No mind. Just life. Breathe it in. Move in and out with the breath.

It's about experiencing in the moment. Dance with Se.

Of course that's much easier to say than actually do. I would think it's easier to practice dancing on your own. Put on some music you really enjoy, let it get into you and move you. Once you're comfortable doing this on your own, you'll forget all about others when you do it in public.

KDude

If dancing is Feeling, then I'm ISTP. I'll just turn to dead weight if someone tries pulling me on to the dancefloor.

How are you at dancing?. I realized this weekend that I'm just terrible at dancing... which is pretty sad because I can play 3 instruments. :S I tend be either 1 of 2 things on the dance floor. Too aloof and not fully in the music or too aggressive and over the top. Plus I think dancing is kinda lame, so that doesn't help. :violin:

Yeah, that's the funny thing. I play a few instruments as well :shrug:

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Choreographed, actual dancing: mildly skilled, as I've studied it for a few years. (Hip hop, mainly.)

Dancing with a partner at an event/club: with a partner I am comfortable with, tend to be silly and have fun with it.

Sexy dancing and/or grinding: this is practically vertical sex in public. I don't like it, but can do it.

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
When it comes to free-styling, I suck hardcore. However, if it's a structured kind of dance, like ballroom or latin, I tend to do pretty decent. I like being able to know what the hell I'm supposed to do, or at least some kind of structural basis. :p

Sunny Ghost

i agree... i think dancing is best when combined with Se and Fi. you've got to feel it.

however, i'm not the most brave and i do feel self conscious... so alcohol is always the way to get me to move. i've always been told that i'm a good dancer... but this will somehow make me paranoid. but ultimately, it's about having fun, so you shouldn't be concerned with how you look so long as you're having a good time.

Sunny Ghost

i agree... i think dancing is best when combined with Se and Fi. you've got to feel it.

however, i'm not the most brave and i do feel self conscious... so alcohol is always the way to get me to move. i've always been told that i'm a good dancer... but this will somehow make me paranoid. but ultimately, it's about having fun, so you shouldn't be concerned with how you look so long as you're having a good time.

Heihachi Hayashida

MBTI Type
INTP
Seriously, the last time I've ever danced in front of people was back in grade two nine years ago. Funny how we're so good with so many things and yet no 1337 dancing skills.

Mae

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5sp
I wish I could dance well, but I can't. I never thought of it as "dancing with Ti" before, but I think that's exactly it. I'm just so stuck in my head, my movements come out robotic. Thank goodness for alcohol.