• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] watching people

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was wondering if manner of watching people is type specific... if everyone watches people differently or what? :thinking:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
this is watching people who you are NOT talking to, right?

i don't really enjoy watching other people. i will watch people for a very very short time, seconds, but usually it just doesn't interest me...:shrug:
i like to watch the people i am talking to, definitely!
if i am alone i like to watch lots of different things and not let my glance settle on any one thing for too long.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I watch them when I'm talking to them... I also watch them plenty without talking to them... just relaxing back and watching what they're doing, how they're doing it and such... things that move tend to catch my attention :)

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
Try watching with peripheral vision, it's less threatening.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was wondering if manner of watching people is type specific... if everyone watches people differently or what? :thinking:

It's one of the things I use to judge people in regard to personality;) You have those that judge others, those that just watch to watch, those that try to figure out so they can mimick when they watch. Those who feel when they watch others.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I watch people and look for what and why they are doin git. My brother, who I think is an ESTP, got me into people-watching, and there is a lot to be seen.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Me. I watch you when you watch me. If you'll tell me a story, I'll be content and then I won't watch quite so intently.:smile:

I'm watching you, watching them, watching me, watching you...

Who watches the watchers? ;)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like stalking people, does that count?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I think NF eyes are too emotive to watch a paticular person. You can kind of feel or know someone is looking at you if they aren't far enough.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think NF eyes are too emotive to watch a paticular person. You can kind of feel or know someone is looking at you if they aren't far enough.

I think that applies to everyone.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Then how do you guys get away with watching people?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Then how do you guys get away with watching people?
Room scan....

Or, never keeping your eyes on someone for more than a second or two, and moving on, to possibly come back to later.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Who watches the watchers? ;)

And who watches the watches? :D

Anyway, I enjoy watching people too but not so much about the body movement and such but I like to watch their personality, I try to look inside that person, try to understand. Even more I love to watch people in groups, how they develop the group "harmony" or "disharmony", how they decide who is the leader, who is the follower and so on.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I'm a huge people-watcher. People can be very amusing to watch.

This was a recent status of mine on Facebook:

"I love Seattle. Every time I get on the bus I find a completely different set of characters."

Tons of people have a super interesting style, and there are crazies sometimes. Like the guy holding a rod of some sort who thought he was some kind of superhuman, and the dude who kept going on and on about how he still buys underwear and socks for his 24 year old and always will.

My friend (INFJ?) and I were people-watching at a show about a year ago when I visited Austin. We seriously found at least one person for every sub-genre out there. Punks, hipsters, emos, rastas, rudies, the list goes on. It was incredible.

Then we spotted a few girls who looked sixteen or so with stamps on their hands indicating they could legally drink. We talked about walking up to them but ultimately I didn't want to cuz it just felt weird... :shock: they probably just had connections or something. We met up with some other chicks that we partied with later anyway. :D

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
And who watches the watches? :D

Anyway, I enjoy watching people too but not so much about the body movement and such but I like to watch their personality, I try to look inside that person, try to understand. Even more I love to watch people in groups, how they develop the group "harmony" or "disharmony", how they decide who is the leader, who is the follower and so on.

Is that what ENFPs do when they stop and they just... They just stare at you intensely in between laughing and wiggling and talking, and then they get really quiet and pensive and calm out of the blue and just stare your eyes for minutes? It's like watching someone trying and drill a hole in your skull.

I like people-watching. I like to watch when they don't notice I am looking. I like looking into their eyes when they talk and they don't look into mine. (I do the stare thing too, but only when they don't notice). Or even if they're looking straight at me, some eyes just don't feel penetrating at all, I feel like we can easily stare at each other and yet the person can't really see me. I like watching who else is watching. I like watching because I want to understand them. I like to watch because it's interesting.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Is that what ENFPs do when they stop and they just... They just stare at you intensely in between laughing and wiggling and talking, and then they get really quiet and pensive and calm out of the blue and just stare your eyes for minutes? It's like watching someone trying and drill a hole in your skull.

Actually I meant not so direct watching. I try to understand and I "feel" people mentally. But when I do what you describe, and in those cases, I try to connect to another person more deeply.