• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP and ESFP - psychological distance

LeslieFrancs

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So there is this ESFP friend of mine, very funny, emotionally and mentally active. I've found that it's very difficult for us to open up to one another. She likes to leave details out, and I would have to guess, which I usually do with pinpoint William Tell accuracy. /brag

The "holding back" is mutual too; I feel that she's experienced too much for my life stories to be of any worth to her (talk about WWII with your grandpa, you'll know what I mean).

So, both of us being mentally and emotionally active (trust me, I don't even know if I'm an ENTP anymore), what are the steps I need to take to maintain a closer psychological distance? I think ethical values and methods of making acquaintances needs to be brought to the topic here, she IS an F after all.

In addition, DOs and DON'Ts when in front of an ESFP?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Go on a new adventure (new for both of you) together, just you too.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ESFP's I've known open up when you share experiences and you don't push, bombard them with questions or judge them. They'll tell you a lot.