• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The ultimate difference between ISTP and ESTP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
he's a closet homo.

Actually, I've had confirmation that this is true.

On an unrelated note, he's an ESFJ 3w2. I don't know where you guys get off thinking he's ESTP. He's moralistic and self-righteous...two things that are kind of the opposite of ESTP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

On an unrelated note, he's an ESFJ 3w2. I don't know where you guys get off thinking he's ESTP. He's moralistic and self-righteous...two things that are kind of the opposite of ESTP.

But he played in Top Gun and that alone makes him STP. I mean he flys a plane, drives a motorcycle, and attracts females. Isnt that the only criteria for STP? :doh:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Even now this video makes me squirm. It's like an example of the horror that is the cult of celebrity.

yeah apparently scientologists called Katie Holmes to be part of an audition, she thought it was suppose to be for a movie but it was to be Tom Cruises wife.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

ESFJs are moralistic and self-righteous?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"he has moral therefore he is FJ".

Brillant.

And he is 3w4, not 3w2. Just a little research on him is necessary to see how the wing 4 is blatant. Wing 2? Nowhere.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ultimate difference? ISTP is Ti dom and ESTP is Se dom? ISTPs are more like INTPs and ESTPs are more like ESFPs? ISTPs are more likely to be overanalytical and ESTPs are more likely to be overly "get real"? There's no ultimate difference but they are pretty different.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
STP = Grace Under Pressure

So true. I love deadlines. I love waiting and doing the bare minimum until the deadline is upon me, and then knocking out first rate work out of nowhere. Take that "P" critics! :laugh:

I do that all the time. I had 3 months to finish my article but knowing me, I don't usually finish it until the last minute. The day before the deadline of the article dawned upon me, and I realized I haven't finished it.

I did all the necessary prereqs needed for the article -- angle, idea and interview questions. From there I got my interviewees to agree (just gotta put some pressure on them) and I did all of this in 2 hours. I finished writing my article in the next hour and handed it in after doing final checks on the next day.

Few weeks later, I find out I scored a B+ for that article!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
ESTPs are alpha wolves. Asserting dominance among his/her peers, constantly keeping the lesser wolves in check. Their entire life is "one big" competition because they know they'll succeed over anyone else.

ISTPs are wolverines. Solitary hunters, ferocious and grizzled and the "best at what they do." They often have no desire to "compete" because hitting the mark is good enough for them. And if you unwisely corner or challenge them, you'll be the one who eats crow.

This is how it goes in the wild.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ESTPs are alpha wolves. Asserting dominance among his/her peers, constantly keeping the lesser wolves in check. Their entire life is "one big" competition because they know they'll succeed over anyone else.

ISTPs are wolverines. Solitary hunters, ferocious and grizzled and the "best at what they do." They often have no desire to "compete" because hitting the mark is good enough for them. And if you unwisely corner or challenge them, you'll be the one who eats crow.

This is how it goes in the wild.

aren't those honey badgers? lol

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh, ho! You think so? Watch this:

It is fairly simple: Wolves have a "fear/flight" instinct.
Wolverines? Honey Badgers? Ain't got it.

They are vicious and incredibly territorial animals with NO FEAR. Not an ounce.
Hell--they're bold enough to chase off an entire wolf pack to steal their dead game.

They will take any comer, knowing full well they may end up dead.
Even a mighty bear would flee from them.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
The bear just said "fuck this". lol probably due to the quickness of the wolverine they are hard to catch.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Black bears are often cowardly. And yes--like the wolf, it could have easily killed the wolverine.
However, it isn't worth a life-debilitating injury (which the wolverine would have caused).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so what it seems to boild down to are. wolverines are little vicious annoying animals that you wish you could just shoot, but no animal has yet figured out how to use a gun.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
so what it seems to boild down to are. wolverines are little vicious annoying animals that you wish you could just shoot, but no animal has yet figured out how to use a gun.

They are just too much of a hassle for animals to want to hunt down animals like to prey on the weak or the injured the easiest target is usually the best.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

They are just too much of a hassle for animals to want to hunt down animals like to prey on the weak or the injured the easiest target is usually the best.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an ISTP friend. We have a lot in common but he is quieter and doesn't thrive on being noticed, whereas to an extent I do. Two interesting things he has said to me:

"how come you can read me so well?"

and

"why do you have to be so competitive?"

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Reversify - The Movie

The action stunts performed in that video seems like archetypal STP dynamic action to me!
I still think though that the creator is some NT, at least based on his random commentary and geeky video gaming Let's plays...