• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP, question about groceries.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Okay,
This is going to be kinda of a weird question. Just roll with it.
I have noticed in my SP female friends in particular, they stock up in food for years, but never actually seem to eat at home very much. It kinda cracks me up when they pull some thing out of their cupboard and it's two years out of date. You have oodles of food, but it just sits there? Why do you guys do that? It's sort of endearing in a way, but especially if you are single, you hardly ever eat at home, yet you have tons of food.

HAAAAAHH! :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

This describes me to a tee. I literally laughed so loud I wondered if my roommate a couple of rooms away watching TV heard me.

I don't really stock up on much of anything anymore, because I never eat at home. I mostly eat at my girlfriend's house, or out and about. I get tons of food at the gas station and the lunch truck that comes by work. I don't make my own lunch, because I can't be bothered to. I get impatient with the preparation process cuz I'd rather just start eating right away.

Of course, Halla loves making food, and this is one of those questions that are so specific you're bound to get a variety of answers from different SPs.

But yes, I do love fresh foods more than anything. I don't think it's just the taste, it's the aesthetic of it, it's feeling alive, like feeling the pulse of life in what you're eating. It's like being attuned to nature. :D

I just wish it were more convenient for me to eat more of it. But honestly I think I have the urgent I'm-in-a-hurry mindset to a greater extreme than I actually live it. If I'm not hurrying somewhere or whooping something out, I'm chillin' back and just trying to give myself a break. haha :newwink:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Not an SP but i stock up on food .. Kids not due back to school for another 23 days and already i've brought 32 bottles of drink for them.

Stocking up is good as i'm be prepared for the black-out or zombie attack.

LEGERdeMAIN

I buy mostly fresh foods. My caloric intake per day is usually between 1000-1500 and consists primarily of cheese, fruits, veggies and fresh meat. I don't buy very much of anything in a can or other package, except pierogies, kielbasa and milk. I depend on my garden for most of my yearlong grape, melon, pepper, okra, grape, peas, beans, grape and watermelon needs. I spent about ten dollars on groceries last week. I used to stock up, but that is when I was eating a lot of cooked foods. I've switched to raw foods for summer, due to heat and other factors. If a catastrphic event were to occur, I would be living off of blueberries, pine bark and other wild foods. I def would not go near a fuckking grocery store, thats where the hoards of hungry zombie-like starving thirsty people will be, ravaging boxes of oatmeal and jars of pork brain
...fuck that, If i need meat I'll chase down a rabbit and strangle it with my bare hands and then throw the carcass on a large fire which I'll use to fashion long swords and stabby, stab stab spears. My only real concern is if the aliens come and shoot that weird column of energy and make everything explode until we finally band together as a species using morse code and figure out that we need to give their computers a virus and then humanity will be saved and the zombie-people will die off and normalcy will return as farms are ploughed again.

The end