• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] What does a depressed ISFP look like?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the one I knew became even more passive and quiet than usual (and then took up drinking as a hobby for a while)... fortunatly, he snapped out of it after a month and went back to his usual self :)

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
A couple years back I was down in the dumps for a couple weeks. I went out and partied hard, exercised too hard, didn't sleep, and didn't eat.

gromit

likes this
I posted the thread because I think that is part of the reason I have had so much trouble deciding my type... during the winter I can find myself getting really introspective/depressed... almost like unhealthy NF (as opposed to healthy NF, of which there are many fine examples on the forums).

I mean... I am a generally introspective person, just that most of the year it is more focused on objectives, self improvement, attempting to understand why people behave as they do, etc. I am moving forward, growing... but then, in the wintertime, it is like I am spinning my wheels in the mud or something.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
quite possible... if I start acting all NF it's usually a sign that I'm moping :doh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I swear... inside every SP is a depressed N lurking :thelook:

it is responsible for creativity with worst case scenarios and such :boohoo:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hmm maybe i'm a depressed ISFP I mean I've been depressed since I was about 10, that could screw up my type, right????

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
When I'm depressed, I get very melodramatic. I cry and I write depressing things in my diary. Everything is dismal and dreary... Also I am fussier and more picky than ever.
Fortunately, I have a short attention span so that sort of thing so I don't stay depressed for long...:cheese:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
They look like this:

:(

and sometimes

:cry:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My ISFP friend doesn't look like anything when depressed because she drops of the face of the planet. She just becomes so overwhelmed that she withdraws completely from non-essential activities. She can't cope with communication and avoids anything that might conceivably add any potential stress - she is a natural worrier but this just goes into overdrive with depression.

Its really awful too, not only because I can't help her, but also because I don't even know that something's wrong until afterwards. :(

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I posted the thread because I think that is part of the reason I have had so much trouble deciding my type... during the winter I can find myself getting really introspective/depressed... almost like unhealthy NF (as opposed to healthy NF, of which there are many fine examples on the forums).

I mean... I am a generally introspective person, just that most of the year it is more focused on objectives, self improvement, attempting to understand why people behave as they do, etc. I am moving forward, growing... but then, in the wintertime, it is like I am spinning my wheels in the mud or something.

Maybe you have seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
hmm maybe i'm a depressed ISFP I mean I've been depressed since I was about 10, that could screw up my type, right????

I don't buy that. If you're "depressed" that long, then it's not depression, it's just how you are.

wolfy

awsm
wdog2.jpg

"How are you?"
"Good, just playing with the dog"

Sunny Ghost

I've gone through a few different periods of depression during my life. A lot of times during my depression periods I probably come off more like an INFP. I withdraw a lot, write a lot, reflect on the past a lot, and I get very stuck in my own head to the point it's completely difficult to focus on the present. During one phase of depression, however, I was much more like an ESFP. I was extremely outgoing and met a lot of people, drank and partied a whole bunch. However, I'd then go behind closed doors and often cry a lot. Bad times.

I had an exboyfriend who suffered from SAD. I'm unaffected in that way by the weather, so I always tried to show him the positives of the winter. I took him out on some hiking trips, all bundled up, and tried to show him the beauty of even a baron landscape. Try to get him excited about winter styles and hot cocoa and campfires and what not.
It's probably difficult... but try to look towards the positive side of winter. :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
my dad is xsfp and was depressed for about 4 years. I would say int hat case, there was a storng Te shadow: reclusive and mostly silent, but prone to snap and rant unpredicably. resentful and jealous of others, feeling inferior and inaquate.

but maybe he is esfp.