• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFPs and Nature

Sunny Ghost

^how strange, but cool!

i wonder if this is a weird little ISFP quirk, or just an SP quirk of some sort?

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
I think the word popular here is more used in the sense that it is prominent in the immediate environment and people are into it. Not necessarily popular in the sense of public popularity.

sure, that makes sense. i think having a pretty counterculture kind of life has made me dislike the word popular, without real reason.
but it is great to see how different people have different definitions of words in their mind. that is always real eye opening to me, to see somebody who has a weird take on a word.

the interaction styles stuff is interesting.
i can relate a lot to get thing going, but also chart the course. in my mind those two are mixed up - the enthusiasm of getting other people in gear and started, plus the love of setting a new course and direction.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
^how strange, but cool!

i wonder if this is a weird little ISFP quirk, or just an SP quirk of some sort?

i pick things up all the time when i'm out. but i always leave them somewhere and never take them home. i carry them around for a while and then always leave them somewhere to be found by somebody.
when you find weird caches of unrelated things, maybe some of those were mine. ;)

Sunny Ghost

i pick things up all the time when i'm out. but i always leave them somewhere and never take them home. i carry them around for a while and then always leave them somewhere to be found by somebody.
when you find weird caches of unrelated things, maybe some of those were mine. ;)

:wubbie::smile:

now i will always wonder.

wolfy

awsm
sure, that makes sense. i think having a pretty counterculture kind of life has made me dislike the word popular, without real reason.
but it is great to see how different people have different definitions of words in their mind. that is always real eye opening to me, to see somebody who has a weird take on a word.

i can relate a lot to get thing going, but also chart the course. in my mind those two are mixed up - the enthusiasm of getting other people in gear and started, plus the love of setting a new course and direction.

It is interesting when you have a reaction to a word. And then someone else shows you another angle. Reminds me of learning Japanese where words have similar meanings to English but often the angle is different.

I relate to chart the course and behind the scenes. I was on a team here once and after asked for some feedback on my style. They were dead even.

I was thinking about esfp for you and I like how it combines the aspect I saw as istp and the part I saw as isfp. Like two pieces fit well and form esfp.

This talk of collecting got me thinking about stuff, things, mono (that is stuff in Japanese) So many of the SP threads are on stuff, I like that. What are you into, that interests me and I like when someone has some clearly defined interests. Not as a comparison to mine, I dislike that thinking with a vengeance, you like that so you are this, I left that behind it school. I still bump into people with that kind of backwards thinking.

It isn't that, it is a tool to relate. I love that my brother is so into hip hop, and I love that my wife is so clear on the little things she likes. It makes them easy to please and easy to relate to. I think it is awesome when someone has something they love. And it can be even better when it is something really mundane and ordinary.

KDude

Yeah, I don't mean popular in a vapid way necessarily. Thomson's book just touches on some interesting things about how receptive Se doms can be (Se is often emphasized as something active/consuming - but it goes both ways. How it influences types who value it the most). It doesn't necessarily mean the "popular girl in highschool" sense. It could mean with humor, for example. Or, success: many ESTPs know ways to mobilize themselves in the real world better than others, in terms of leverage, networking, etc.. They see the game and reflect it back. She uses the words that they tend to shoot for the "highest pitch of concrete actualization" in themselves on these environmental terms. It would not necessarily matter if you're counterculture or not, per se - a person could just be countering SJ "normalcy", and deal with it so much they think they're different.. but yet still be popular in some Se sense. If that makes sense. Or maybe this is sounding convoluted.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I collect things, too. Sometimes I bring them home and sometimes I leave them. I have a jar of stones that I found on my walks. The jar is almost full now. It's in my bathroom. It's almost as if the stones have their own little stories. These stones carry the memories of my walks in different places.
I also love buttons and have a bagful. I get all excited when I find a button.
And seashells!!!
What do you pick up???

[

KDude

I don't like collecting much, actually. Like sort of keeping it simple.. Things tend to pile up and I wouldn't know what to do with them. My dad is a collector, and kind of sentimental about some things, so I've seen it firsthand how much random stuff will start laying around.. :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i actually have a habit of picking up random items i come across and bringing them home with me. shells, broken pottery pieces, stones, playing cards, a perfectly preserved butterfly or dragonfly, little toys lost, broken key chains. haha. :smile:

I was really bad about doing that when I was younger, but don't do it as much now because I don't know what to do with them... so I do like Kingfisher and leave cool things in little piles places (like under the bridge at the Art Museum, or in a hollow in a tree and places like that!) :laugh:

I still compulsively pick up smooth stones and put them in my pocket or purse... you never know when you'll want to skip stones :blush: