• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Seriously

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I find that everyone around me is so lame, especially women, is this an ISTP thing? I mean I always feel that it can't get any lamer than this and then it actually does get alot lamer. *sigh*:unsure:

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
+1.

My inability to see the correlation between gender and the amount of excitement in life aside, there's a saying that goes: Boring people are bored.

What's so lame? People? Life? The people in your life in particular? Family? Friends? Work? Which parts are lame? The drudge of daily life? There isn't much information at all to go by.

KDude

Heh you guys (gals, I mean) are jumping the gun. He didn't even explain himself..might have a valid point. ;)

This is how jixmix starts a thread.. completely vague.

H

Hate

Wow KDude... Now that is optimism! haha...

I just find that the guys going around calling everyone lame and ragging on women are usually the one's that are especially LAME themselves.

KDude

heh.. i just think he's probably pissed about something specific, and not airing it out correctly. maybe i'm wong

jixmixfix

Permabanned
  1. ...or she's just not that into you.
  2. ...or you're trying to carry on an online relationship without voice inflection, body language, or visual imagery.
  3. ...or you're overwhelming her with stuff she doesn't need to know about as it's tough for her to interpret properly; refer back to point two.
  4. ...or she doesn't trust you're not talking with your buddies about her the same way you're talking with others here, there, everywhere; Prolly best for her to shut down and say cya at that point. Trust is key; refer back to point two.
...best to keep it real; refer back to point two.
...lame = the ISTP guy that posted this thread. Not cool.

Nah, kyuuei is right, I'm still going with gay.

ya I'm not talking about anyone in particular I just find most people are lame and don't excite me very much, and why are you so pissed what pickle is up your arse? calling me gay isn't going to change my opinion any time soon, and no I'm not a homosexual.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
heh.. i just think he's probably pissed about something specific, and not airing it out correctly. maybe i'm wong

I'm not pissed, I find enough excitement and exciting people around me but for the most part I find lamers.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I find that to be true where I am. A lot of people are just dull and have nothing going on in their lives. Women too. They're just content to do effectively nothing. But even guys too. Go out and live your life. Go play a sport. Go to a concert. Try something new. Go travel.

I find the girls I tend to be attracted to play sports, or have a musical talent, or are smart (they have exciting minds). They go out and do things. But they are rare.

In the end, these ones tend to stay single, especially the guys. If you can't go out and do SOMETHING, how are you going to even meet a girl, much less ask her out? If a girl is boring, why would someone want to enter a relationship with her?

Enthusiasm is contagious

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that everyone around me is so lame, especially women, is this an ISTP thing? I mean I always feel that it can't get any lamer than this and then it actually does get alot lamer. *sigh*:unsure:

hmm...might be an SP thing. Even at this stage in life, SP's briefly visit at work and complain about how dull and lame the environment is. That there's no one interesting to talk with except for a few bright spots. :yes:

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
So what's the point of attacking Jix when he's not attacking anyone in particular?

I can identify with the frustration that people can't live up to my expectations. I had a few friends in the days of old that would contrive every situation in their lives to get entertainment. What I mean is that they would do something stupid, like lock their keys in their car just so they could tell a story about it later:shock:. All situations with them were like that, they were always telling really boring stories about how they had done something, and how unique (but really common and boring):confused: it was.

I couldn't stand these lame people after a while though, I've since grown apart from them and have been searching for people who atleast wont do stupid shit like that.

I think it's best to not really expect anything from the people you meet. Putting expectations on them can only let you down. If you have no expectations in the first place they can only become more interesting.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Artisans of the World Unite! :)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Kind of interesting to read through varying "type" responses to the topic.

I don't see anything "vague" at all. I completely "got" what jix said with no need for detail.

SP's have an ability to communicate that differs from other types. i.e. Just a couple of words and another SP picks right up on the fuller context. Nails it. Almost like we have our own language/lens that transends.

Or being around other SP's and having a conversation about someone else who's present. Right in front of them. They completely miss what's being talked about, especially if it's them. :D

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
  1. ...or she's just not that into you.
  2. ...or you're trying to carry on an online relationship without voice inflection, body language, or visual imagery.
  3. ...or you're overwhelming her with stuff she doesn't need to know about as it's tough for her to interpret properly; refer back to point two.
  4. ...or she doesn't trust you're not talking with your buddies about her the same way you're talking with others here, there, everywhere; Prolly best for her to shut down and say cya at that point. Trust is key; refer back to point two.
...best to keep it real; refer back to point two.
...lame = the ISTP guy that posted this thread. Not cool.

Nah, kyuuei is right, I'm still going with gay.

"I mean I always feel that it can't get any lamer than this and then it actually does get alot lamer. *sigh*" -jixmixfix

Yup, I hear ya jix :yes:

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
media_httpimgsxkcdcomcomicssheeplepng_hHksAvyzhCgpouc.png.scaled500.png

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an INTP and I can relate to people around me being out of step with the things that interest me, mostly because it is of an esoteric nature. Just the subject matter that interests me they have no clue about, like I was hearing some of my classmates talk about string theory ........... :dry: it did not sound like they knew what they were talking about. I'm just very bored most of the time, besides talking to the interesting people on this forum. :)

Then I'm generally misunderstood by most people, there are ALOT of close-minded people around me, they judge me because I don't conform to the cultural norms, like I'm supposed to listen to crappy dirty south rap music, sag my pants, talk claptrap slang, all that mess, they really couldn't care for my intellectual nonsense. I probably just need to find a more stimulating environment, their not going to change just because of me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:sadbanana: damn... I LIKE people... they make my life more interesting!