• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Seriously

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I went back and re-read what I said, but I still fail to find anything attacking in my send. It wasn't my intentions. So, if you're reading it wrong. Stop doing that.

All I said was. I don't understand how women got the especially in the equation. Asked for clarification on that and details on what specifically he meant was lame, if anything specific at all. I'm not attacking someone's OP about what a woman-hater they may or may not be.

Stop making my posts out to be anything more than what they are.

Because I don't find woman as interesting as men, as gay as that sounds, it's really that simple. There are defiantly some interesting woman out there though I find it hard to stay friends with a woman, not that I don't have woman friends but when they talk about their issues it's either they over dramatize the issue or it's really uninteresting and self-indulgent.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
But this is where I suppose I failed to understand the especially in that. It seems like women and their blatherings are lame, an annoyance almost. But, you mentioned that everything seems lame to you. The way you're talking, it doesn't seem that women take an especial role. I was just pointing that part of it out in the OP, to see if there was more to the story or if you just simply typed it that way. Seems the latter is the case.

AAnyways. So things are lame to you. My next question is, why does this bother you?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
But this is where I suppose I failed to understand the especially in that. It seems like women and their blatherings are lame, an annoyance almost. But, you mentioned that everything seems lame to you. The way you're talking, it doesn't seem that women take an especial role. I was just pointing that part of it out in the OP, to see if there was more to the story or if you just simply typed it that way. Seems the latter is the case.

AAnyways. So things are lame to you. My next question is, why does this bother you?

Slippy nailed it on the head if you read his earlier post. It basically makes life more of a hassle and burden than it should be. The bigger picture is that our lives are nothing more than a competition to one other, instead of embracing the experience and being in the moment we just keep wanting to screw each other every chance we get. I would rather be a humble person than a bitter one.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Slippy nailed it on the head if you read his earlier post. It basically makes life more of a hassle and burden than it should be. The bigger picture is that our lives are nothing more than a competition to one other, instead of embracing the experience and being in the moment we just keep wanting to screw each other every chance we get. I would rather be a humble person than a bitter one.

hey it's not so bad bro, at least we're the observers and don't get hurt :)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Totally agree. Although people at my age are being hypocrites about it. They come to me saying that whenever they want to do something no one else wants to, and they have no lives and sit at home all day...but they do the same thing. At least take initiative and find other people who will actually do something with you.

I just don't understand how people can enjoy their lives in front of a television and the most excitement they get is from going to grocery stores late at night.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Totally agree. Although people at my age are being hypocrites about it. They come to me saying that whenever they want to do something no one else wants to, and they have no lives and sit at home all day...but they do the same thing. At least take initiative and find other people who will actually do something with you.

I just don't understand how people can enjoy their lives in front of a television and the most excitement they get is from going to grocery stores late at night.

that's what i'm saying!.

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
hey it's not so bad bro, at least we're the observers and don't get hurt :)

I actually had been thinking lately that being solely an observer may not be as advantages as it may seem.

In fact, it just may be what is making some people think everything is "lame."

I think it is important to find out exactly what is making things seem "lame." The term itself is nondescript beyond a vague negative connotation. Though as far as being an ISTP goes I think most of time we find things unnecessarily complicated by people who have a lot of passion but mis-directed their energy and failed to achieve or achieved poorly.

This is especially true for perceptive type 5s. We see too much of this and begin to have this sense of pointlessness circling around ourselves. The people who caused it didn't know because if they had known they wouldn't have caused it to begin with, so we are the only ones who notice and are suffering for it.

This need not be the case. The sense of dread, as negative as it may sound, is also passion. Think of it as fuel. The next time someone is being stupid, just fix it.

Participate, try to get hyped up in the process. Type 5s are supposed to integrate into type 8. The other popular ISTP type, 9, also integrate into 3. Both 8 and 3 are assertives. You don't have to dive in head first, but ISTPs do have a lot of resources to make change. You just have to use it.

And if your friends are too superficial to be impressed by your feats, you need to hang out some place other than where you had been going :p

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I actually had been thinking lately that being solely an observer may not be as advantages as it may seem.

In fact, it just may be what is making some people think everything is "lame."

I think it is important to find out exactly what is making things seem "lame." The term itself is nondescript beyond a vague negative connotation. Though as far as being an ISTP goes I think most of time we find things unnecessarily complicated by people who have a lot of passion but mis-directed their energy and failed to achieve or achieved poorly.

This is especially true for perceptive type 5s. We see too much of this and begin to have this sense of pointlessness circling around ourselves. The people who caused it didn't know because if they had known they wouldn't have caused it to begin with, so we are the only ones who notice and are suffering for it.

This need not be the case. The sense of dread, as negative as it may sound, is also passion. Think of it as fuel. The next time someone is being stupid, just fix it.

Participate, try to get hyped up in the process. Type 5s are supposed to integrate into type 8. The other popular ISTP type, 9, also integrate into 3. Both 8 and 3 are assertives. You don't have to dive in head first, but ISTPs do have a lot of resources to make change. You just have to use it.

And if your friends are too superficial to be impressed by your feats, you need to hang out some place other than where you had been going :p

I'm a type 5 and I'm constantly in a blah state unless I actually start doing something, so yeah that's true I gotta get motivated for myself, and I guess other people will follow.