• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Seriously

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
:sadbanana: damn... I LIKE people... they make my life more interesting!

well i mean, i like people too but i can still really relate to the sentiment in the OP..there are plenty of people that i don't think are lame...it's just a smaller number compared to the people i think are lame.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:unsure: I very rarely think that people are lame... unless I know them!

I can get an interesting conversation out of almost anyone though... it's my superpower! :cheese:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Kind of interesting to read through varying "type" responses to the topic.

I don't see anything "vague" at all. I completely "got" what jix said with no need for detail.

SP's have an ability to communicate that differs from other types. i.e. Just a couple of words and another SP picks right up on the fuller context. Nails it. Almost like we have our own language/lens that transends.

Or being around other SP's and having a conversation about someone else who's present. Right in front of them. They completely miss what's being talked about, especially if it's them. :D

I tend to always one up people in terms of efficiency, I feel like I'm always one step ahead of the game while others take a while to understand, it could be Se mixed with Ni i guess? I'll be the first one to predict a bad idea, then when people don't listen they end up getting caught in a net. Or i'll be the first one to notice a bad seed in a crowed. While others are focusing on themselves I tend to focus on others and the environment around me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
on second thought maybe it's because i work in fast food :D

lol... I used to work sales... if you work with people extracting interesting nuggets of conversation from them is ESSENTIAL for one's mental wellbeing! :holy:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
lol... I used to work sales... if you work with people extracting interesting nuggets of conversation from them is ESSENTIAL for one's mental wellbeing! :holy:

NO WAY AN ESTP IN SALES!? HOLY CRAP! LOL JKS!.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate sales... I just hate sitting still even worse :boohoo:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to always one up people in terms of efficiency, I feel like I'm always one step ahead of the game while others take a while to understand, it could be Se mixed with Ni i guess? I'll be the first one to predict a bad idea, then when people don't listen they end up getting caught in a net. Or i'll be the first one to notice a bad seed in a crowed. While others are focusing on themselves I tend to focus on others and the environment around me.

Yup, the magician in my head works differently as you're describing. My reflexes automatically respond where other's smack the tree. :doh:

Sunny Ghost

+1.

My inability to see the correlation between gender and the amount of excitement in life aside, there's a saying that goes: Boring people are bored.

What's so lame? People? Life? The people in your life in particular? Family? Friends? Work? Which parts are lame? The drudge of daily life? There isn't much information at all to go by.

I've always agreed with that saying... if you're bored, you're boring. You can't/shouldn't depend on other's to keep you sparked and entertained. If someone talks on a topic that doesn't spark you... can you not find something about it enlightening to you? Can you not find something to at least learn from the experience? Can you not find the slightest bit of humor? "Be the change you wish to see in the world." This can be slanted towards, make the changes necessary for you to find enjoyment in the world.

Sunny Ghost

I find that to be true where I am. A lot of people are just dull and have nothing going on in their lives. Women too. They're just content to do effectively nothing. But even guys too. Go out and live your life. Go play a sport. Go to a concert. Try something new. Go travel.
I'm an INTP and I can relate to people around me being out of step with the things that interest me, mostly because it is of an esoteric nature. Just the subject matter that interests me they have no clue about, like I was hearing some of my classmates talk about string theory ........... :dry: it did not sound like they knew what they were talking about. I'm just very bored most of the time, besides talking to the interesting people on this forum. :)

Then I'm generally misunderstood by most people, there are ALOT of close-minded people around me, they judge me because I don't conform to the cultural norms, like I'm supposed to listen to crappy dirty south rap music, sag my pants, talk claptrap slang, all that mess, they really couldn't care for my intellectual nonsense. I probably just need to find a more stimulating environment, their not going to change just because of me.
I feel like a lot of these judgment's of someones worth are superficial. Perhaps this is my ISFP quality... but I've never had problems befriending people of all types. Every person has their worth, and I feel as though having learned about MBTI has only further impressed that upon me. I don't think someone has to have traveled physically all over the world in order to become interesting, or do some extreme activity for me to feel they are worthy of my time. Simple people are just as amazing. People with their own values or conformist are interesting. People who've grown in one town their entire life and know of no other lifestyle are caricatures of what being a local is about... I find all people fascinating for each individually unique quirk they contain. Perhaps this is also because I sometimes look at the world of humans through the lens of an anthropologist, each town it's own case study. I'm also just very good in general at entertaining myself, making myself laugh, and never really needing outside human stimulation. I find each new situation as something new and interesting that I may learn from.

I think it's best to not really expect anything from the people you meet. Putting expectations on them can only let you down. If you have no expectations in the first place they can only become more interesting.
Exactly! No expectations! They only let you down.

Yeah, dirty south is lame.
I'm from the dirty south. :(

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I've always agreed with that saying... if you're bored, you're boring. You can't/shouldn't depend on other's to keep you sparked and entertained. If someone talks on a topic that doesn't spark you... can you not find something about it enlightening to you? Can you not find something to at least learn from the experience? Can you not find the slightest bit of humor? "Be the change you wish to see in the world." This can be slanted towards, make the changes necessary for you to find enjoyment in the world.

It's not really about being bored or boring, it's about the lameness of other people. I'm not usually bored and If I am I blame myself and not others, my post was more of a feeling an observation, I think most XSTP's would agree.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like a lot of these judgment's of someones worth are superficial. Perhaps this is my ISFP quality... but I've never had problems befriending people of all types. Every person has their worth, and I feel as though having learned about MBTI has only further impressed that upon me. I don't think someone has to have traveled physically all over the world in order to become interesting, or do some extreme activity for me to feel they are worthy of my time. Simple people are just as amazing. People with their own values or conformist are interesting. People who've grown in one town their entire life and know of no other lifestyle are caricatures of what being a local is about... I find all people fascinating for each individually unique quirk they contain. Perhaps this is also because I sometimes look at the world of humans through the lens of an anthropologist, each town it's own case study. I'm also just very good in general at entertaining myself, making myself laugh, and never really needing outside human stimulation. I find each new situation as something new and interesting that I may learn from.

I don't really "hate" these people or try to judge their worth, but if a gang of them are pointing making fun and laughing at me and they don't even know me or try to understand me, I don't want to waste my time being around them. I try to have an open mind to everybody I encounter(I'm biased though), but if someone prejudges me first and doesn't care to act civil towards me, I will avoid them. I've just had alot of bad experiences when younger(especially with bullies):(. I know I have bad social skills so that factors in too, I am just malajusted. I like understanding people too but from a more detached, systems point of view. Many people naturally gravitate towards other people who have similar interests and share similar values as they do.

Sunny Ghost

It's not really about being bored or boring, it's about the lameness of other people. I'm not usually bored and If I am I blame myself and not others, my post was more of a feeling an observation, I think most XSTP's would agree.

i'm curious... what makes someone a lame duck?