• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Question for sensors?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Every see a problem with your tendency to live only within the present moment?

SPs especially

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I don't always live in the present. I think of my future too: SJs are planners, aren't they?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't always live in the present. I think of my future too: SJs are planners, aren't they?

Yes, so SJs see into the future a little better because of their introverted perceiving function. Like NJs do better than NPs. But again they tend to struggle with coming up with visions and becoming longer-sighted is something that many sensors struggle with.
How do you cope?

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Yes, so SJs see into the future a little better because of their introverted perceiving function. Like NJs do better than NPs. But again they tend to struggle with coming up with visions and becoming longer-sighted is something that many sensors struggle with.
How do you cope?

I'm sorry that you pigeonhole me. That's all I can say.

Wait, why do you think Ss are shorter-sighted than Ns? Just because they don't always come up with ideas? There is difference between unfeasible visions and planning of practical things. Ingenuity doesn't always mean feasibility.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Wait, why do you think Ss are shorter-sighted than Ns? Just because they don't always come up with ideas? There is difference between unfeasible visions and planning of practical things. Ingenuity doesn't always mean feasibility.

I am just saying that its a tendency... I am not saying that all sensors are like that... nonetheless that seems to be a potential problem to take note of..

dblhelix

MBTI Type
INTP

I have an ISTJ roommate who has some kind of aversion to imagination. All he ever talks about is how simple he can make his day. I would say he plans everything out, but everything he plans is, I guess, too practical. He always brags about how simple his day is. His favorite day consists of "taking a nap, eating a sandwich, and watching TV." I wouldn't say he can't plan, he just has so few ambitions so he ends up doing very little planning. When it comes down to actually doing something, like going out to dinner or something for everyone, he is very good at getting everyone together for it. I would say I'm better at planning for more distant things, while he is better at short term goals.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I have an ISTJ roommate who has some kind of aversion to imagination.

I think it's more like aversion to change and to getting out of his shell (comfort zone). I admit that I sometimes cope with it too.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it's more like aversion to change and to getting out of his shell (comfort zone). I admit that I sometimes cope with it too.

Get onto that Fe... it will connect you to the Ne.. like the INTPs connect to the Fe through the Ne...

I can imagine ISTJs and ISFJs having an aversion to imagination as I have an aversion to feelings a lot of times..

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Get onto that Fe... it will connect you to the Ne.. like the INTPs connect to the Fe through the Ne...

I don't know what you mean.

I can imagine ISTJs and ISFJs having an aversion to imagination as I have an aversion to feelings a lot of times..

I don't have aversion to imagination. Again you try to explain to me what I'm (not) like though you don't know me at all.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know what you mean.

I don't have aversion to imagination. Again you try to explain to me what I'm (not) like though you don't know me at all.

You can get in touch with your Ne by getting in touch with your Fe.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm almost always on my Fe :tongue:
I still can't get you. Elaborate, please.

Fe and Ne are extroverted functions. Fe invokes Ne because they are linked on extroversion.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Examples, please.

You know when you use your Si a lot... your Ti begins to show... they are connected on introversion... same goes for Fe-Ne..

You can see an ISFJ get more creative when engaging in extroverted activity because their intuition is extroverted...

dblhelix

MBTI Type
INTP
You know when you use your Si a lot... your Ti begins to show... they are connected on introversion... same goes for Fe-Ne..

You can see an ISFJ get more creative when engaging in extroverted activity because their intuition is extroverted...

I think she wants an EXAMPLE... like, you know, in real life.

Oh, he does that, definitely, but I was refering to how we talk to each other. He can't stand my "impracticality" and I can't stand his simplicity. He's always preaching "common sense" and how everything should be looked at a very matter-of-fact, no nonsense kind of way. I try to introduce complexities into a situation, but he rejects them. Ah, I don't want to get into a rant about my roommate now.

When it comes to planning, I usually try to bring up things he might have overlooked. We can plan very effectively together.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
I think she wants an EXAMPLE... like, you know, in real life.

Yep. Let's not remain at the theoretical things.

Oh, he does that, definitely, but I was refering to how we talk to each other. He can't stand my "impracticality" and I can't stand his simplicity.

Both underdeveloped ISTJ and ISFJ are said to be boring to some extent. This comes from their desire to keep everything on a minimum.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Both underdeveloped ISTJ and ISFJ are said to be boring to some extent. This comes from their desire to keep everything on a minimum.

Oh yes very much so...

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You still haven't given me an example from real life.

Do you notice yourself becoming more creative after you've spent a lot of time around people?

Sorry, I have a difficult time with concrete thinking. My Si isnt well developed yet.