• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who is a good partner for the female ISTP ???

Have at it...

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ What's confusing is that the functions may be different but the descriptions would be the same as Myers...mostly.
Not really. The ILE description looks more like some burnt-out INTP or ENTP, rather than a healthy example of either; and the EIE description looks way too damn histrionic and flaky for ENFJ. ESTp looks more like an ENTJ with a lot of Se (or even an ESFP 8w7) rather than ESTP.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hear a lot of TJs suggested... I can only speak for myself, but I've only ever been attracted to an ESTJ. Te is difficult for me to tolerate sometimes (Occasionally brings out my Te, my "opposing" (5th) function), but I usually really respect Te- users. And while I can see an ESTJ + ISTP working, it's not my preference. But that may just be because my relationship with ESTJ didn't end as pleasantly as I would have liked, and it's still fairly recent.

My best guy friend is an ENTJ, and I frequently want to punch him in the face.

I have an INTJ brother, too, and I frequently want to punch him in the face as well. My boss is an INTJ, and while we get along well... his personality is a bit too much for me sometimes.

I get along with ISTJs but the dynamic is boring. I need more differences.

If I had to guess the best matches for an ISTP, I'd say ENTP, ENFP, or ESTJ. I personally prefer extroverts and perceivers. ESTP is too much alike, and ESFPs may be -too- outgoing for me. I'm currently dating an ENTP, and I love our dynamic.

Because we don't actively look for one. I would like to get married but I wouldn't be unhappy with my life if I wasn't. Maybe that's a problem for us. We are a little too content with our day to day lives? I don't know.
:yes:

*We are a lot softer with people we like than anyone else - even friends.
Ah.. so true. :doh:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I am talking about the introverts when P and J is supposedly supposed to change, not the extroverts.

Sunny Ghost

Because we don't actively look for one. I would like to get married but I wouldn't be unhappy with my life if I wasn't. Maybe that's a problem for us. We are a little too content with our day to day lives? I don't know.
I feel this might be an ISxP thing. We're just too dern independent.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hear a lot of TJs suggested... I can only speak for myself, but I've only ever been attracted to an ESTJ. Te is difficult for me to tolerate sometimes (Occasionally brings out my Te, my "opposing" (5th) function), but I usually really respect Te- users. And while I can see an ESTJ + ISTP working, it's not my preference. But that may just be because my relationship with ESTJ didn't end as pleasantly as I would have liked, and it's still fairly recent.

TJ's seem to work. ISTJ, ESTJ and ENFJ are the only ones to get relationship status from me. I understand the ISTJ thing. It gets way too comfortable. I really like J's though. They bring a stability I need in relationships but also it's fun to try to shake theirs up. I enjoy that very much. Other P's we end up feeding off each other and it goes over the deep end. Which is great for friendships but I want someone to pull me back from my own wildness sometimes.

However, that was a long time ago. As I get older, I see myself more interested in ENFP (I met one that blew me away. I thought I could really fall for someone like him if he was physically attractive :dry:) and ESTJ (It's just so damn easy). I wouldn't rule out a fellow ISTP or ESTP but it's really difficult for the emotional dynamic to not end up with this sort of outcome:

[YOUTUBE="Un9Ek6IM_Kw"]xSTP + xSTP[/YOUTUBE]

I really think fellow xSTP relationships can only work if the Enneagram types differ in a compatible way.

Sunny Ghost

TJ's seem to work. ISTJ, ESTJ and ENFJ are the only ones to get relationship status from me. I understand the ISTJ thing. It gets way too comfortable. I really like J's though. They bring a stability I need in relationships but also it's fun to try to shake theirs up. I enjoy that very much. Other P's we end up feeding off each other and it goes over the deep end...which is great for friendships but I want someone to pull me back from my own wildness sometimes.

However, that was a long time ago. As I get older, I see myself more interested in ENFP (I met one that blew me away. I thought I could really fall for someone like him if he was physically attractive :dry:) and ESTJ (It's just so damn easy). I wouldn't rule out a fellow ISTP or ESTP but it's really difficult for the emotional dynamic to not end up with this sort of outcome:

I really think fellow xSTP relationships can only work if the Enneagram types differ in a compatible way.

ah ha ha ha ha! great video.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, blucie, I know a lot of people say they want ____. But you know there's a difference between idly thinking theoretically that someday I might want something and like, wanting something enough to actually building an action plan around wanting it or having it or even actively seeking it. I'd tread carefully before making any move to help "problem-solve".

I know a lot of single women- it seems society really puts a big emphasis on how much women want a man. I'm not so sure this is true.

My best guy friend is an ENTJ, and I frequently want to punch him in the face.

A lot of mentions of TJs! I'm with Steph on this one though. While a little antagonism is fine in friendships, I prefer more... comfortable romantic relationships. *shrug* I don't think I've formed very set dating criteria at any rate, but I probably want an E just because being with *my* introverted self is exhausting enough.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't rule out a fellow ISTP or ESTP but it's really difficult for the emotional dynamic to not end up with this sort of outcome:

Lol, yes!:laugh:

[youtube=DmEIDXDweqs]xSTPs Chick & Husband[/youtube]

Sunny Ghost

I know a lot of single women- it seems society really puts a big emphasis on how much women want a man. I'm not so sure this is true.

It's the same as with men. Some are skirt chasers and others aren't. Some can't seem to talk about anything or do anything besides trying to find that perfect someone for them, while others would prefer to do their own thing and have their own interests, and if they bump into someone along the way, then yay! the merrier.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*Launch a bomb on Aleksei & Slippy*

ME!:cool:

I think all of you have missed the message.

She said there were three ISTP women who were single.

There's enough for everyone :D

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But I want them all goddamnit :steam:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's the same as with men. Some are skirt chasers and others aren't. Some can't seem to talk about anything or do anything besides trying to find that perfect someone for them, while others would prefer to do their own thing and have their own interests, and if they bump into someone along the way, then yay! the merrier.

Don't I know it. One of my friends has been telling me since he was seventeen about how much he wants to be a father and find the one. Now he's twenty and just got engaged. :laugh: I think he's crazy, but different strokes for different folks.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I think ENFP and ISTP are really good matches I'm not sure about perfect though. I tend to like ESFPs, ENTPs and INFJ's as well. I don't really like ESTPS, and INTJs and ESFJ's as much though. I find INTJs the most boring and arrogant, maybe even ENTJS too. I could never ever see myself with an ESFJ either, way too controlling for me and ESTP's are too in my face I need my space.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
TJ's seem to work. ISTJ, ESTJ and ENFJ are the only ones to get relationship status from me. I understand the ISTJ thing. It gets way too comfortable. I really like J's though. They bring a stability I need in relationships but also it's fun to try to shake theirs up. I enjoy that very much. Other P's we end up feeding off each other and it goes over the deep end. Which is great for friendships but I want someone to pull me back from my own wildness sometimes.

hahahahaha way too funny.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ENFP and ISTP are really good matches I'm not sure about perfect though. I tend to like ESFPs, ENTPs and INFJ's as well. I don't really like ESTPS, and INTJs and ESFJ's as much though. I find INTJs the most boring and arrogant, maybe even ENTJS too. I could never ever see myself with an ESFJ either, way too controlling for me and ESTP's are too in my face I need my space.

I didn't know horses had personality types. :newwink:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8

yeah, everybody has their own paths to follow. :thumbup:

i have a friend who was married just a few months after i was married. i was 32, and he was 72.
when we get together he always likes to say things like "i was born 40 years before you, but you were married 40 years before me."

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hahahaha. you boys.

i'm sure it's because a lot of guys are intimidated. a woman, that's quiet, strong, and most likely to change the oil for the boyfriend/husband... they definitely need a strong, smart, confident man, no matter the type. even the strongest girl wants to feel like a princess. they just need someone that can match them and make them feel that way.

Yeah, that's why I thought about ENFJ an TJ types.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm still waiting to hear what IndyAnnaJoan meant by all girls wanting to feel like a princess.