• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who is a good partner for the female ISTP ???

Have at it...

• Total voters

blucie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I know three ISTP females and they're all single late in life. All three are successful, attractive and very career focused, although they all say they wish to be married (and that it would be more important than their career).

It seems like it isn't just coincidental that they're all still single. Why does it seem so hard for this type to find a partner? Anyone know who ISTP females are happy with? :hi:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*cuts in front and elbows Aleksei to the back of the line*

Nope! Me! :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*cuts in front and elbows Aleksei to the back of the line*

Nope! Me! :)
*knocks Slippy to the ground, steps around him*

Still me! :cheese:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*knocks Slippy to the ground, steps around him*

Still me! :cheese:

*Goes camo on Aleksei*

n' sayz' "If you going to get you some! Get you some!"

:2ar15:

ISTP Chicks Awesomely Rock!

Sunny Ghost

hahahaha. you boys.

i'm sure it's because a lot of guys are intimidated. a woman, that's quiet, strong, and most likely to change the oil for the boyfriend/husband... they definitely need a strong, smart, confident man, no matter the type. even the strongest girl wants to feel like a princess. they just need someone that can match them and make them feel that way.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Launch a bomb on Aleksei & Slippy*

ME!:cool:

KDude

Someone really infectious, or very patient in the "need for the other opening up dept". Seems like this would go beyond type.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
hahahaha. you boys.

i'm sure it's because a lot of guys are intimidated. a woman, that's quiet, strong, and most likely to change the oil for the boyfriend/husband... they definitely need a strong, smart, confident man, no matter the type. even the strongest girl wants to feel like a princess. they just need someone that can match them and make them feel that way.

What is this feeling like a princess thing?

blucie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Um, thanks guys. I will pass on your willingness. There are three of them, so there is one for each of you.

I was hoping some ISTP women would chime in who are happily married and tell me who they ended up with. The MBTI formula would have them with a ESFJ, but I'd like to know if experience bears that out or not.

ISTP women are similar to each other from what I've seen, but very different from their male ISTP counterparts. They are good interviewers, very physical and sensual, but they would not be the one to change the oil. They are actually very feminine in some ways, although HIGHLY independent and very much go-getters. What is confusing to me is all three of these gals would be considered VERY attractive and sexy, but have never been able to settle down. I've been trying to help problem solve and I don't know this one (happy matches for ISTP females). Someone has to know.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
ENFPs are a GREAT match for ISTPs... and I never ever never thought that this would be so until I experienced first hand myself.

My significant other is an ISTP and he makes me sooooo happy. From an MBTI theory perspective, this made absolutely NO sense to me. (Because being an ENFP, I wanted to understand the "why" and the dynamics of our relationship, so I research it.) This is when I discovered the Theory of Duality which is one of the most important things brought to the table by Socionics (a Russian/Ukrainian offshoot of Jungian typology.) Read more about Duality here:

Socionics: Dual Relations, Duality, and Dualization
ISTP & ENFP Duality

Let me just say that he is my rock. Which with my scatterbrain tendencies is a huge plus. And, I draw him out of his head. Another thing that fits the theory is that my ISTP went under my radar for 20 years. My ISTP was not the guy I envisioned falling in love with. But now that we are together, I completely get why duality is so AWESOME!

I wish I knew some more ISTPs as friends. I think they are the most interest and wonderful people.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but duality is about the socionics SLI-IEE types, not the ISTP-ENFP MBTI types.:yes:

ISTP and ENFP can actually be the best match..or the worst.:shock:

I can see easily females ISTPs with males ENFP, ENFJ, ENTJ, INTJ or ESTJ, or even ISTJ. Yes, there's a TJ pattern but I can't really explain why.

The few females ISTPs I know are also single.:cheese:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady-Christina-de-Souza-doc-who.jpg

angelina-jolie-1.jpg

ISTPs... :drool:

Yes, but duality is about the socionics SLI-IEE types, not the ISTP-ENFP MBTI types.:yes:
Doubtful. Most ENFPs are actually EIE rather than IEE (ESFPs are more likely to be IEE). I'm an LIE, myself.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doubtful. Most ENFPs are actually EIE rather than IEE (ESFPs are more likely to be IEE). I'm an LIE, myself.

Like I've said, the duality thing is about SlI-IEE not ISTP-ENFP. I'm globally more attracted by ESFPs than ENFPs.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know three ISTP females and they're all single late in life. All three are successful, attractive and very career focused, although they all say they wish to be married (and that it would be more important than their career).

It seems like it isn't just coincidental that they're all still single. Why does it seem so hard for this type to find a partner? Anyone know who ISTP females are happy with? :hi:

Because we don't actively look for one. I would like to get married but I wouldn't be unhappy with my life if I wasn't. Maybe that's a problem for us. We are a little too content with our day to day lives? I don't know.

hahahaha. you boys.

Well said. I wouldn't admit that IRL but it's spot on. We want a man to respect our abilities and treat us as equals and yet we want to be an object of desire. It takes a very confident man to hold his own with us. One of the most memorable things a guy ever did for me was insist he walk me out. Even when I protested (a couple times). He was like, "I'm not an asshole. I'm walking you out." That was impressive to me.

Now if that was a friend of mine* and not a romantic interest I would've rolled my eyes. Walk me out? Yeah. Okay. Fine. Walk me out. I need someone to push in front of the bullet if we get mugged.

*We are a lot softer with people we like than anyone else - even friends.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It hasn't been that hard to find compatible people, though I don't really like actively looking. Seems too...desperate, somehow.

I can't imagine myself with an ENFP, but who knows. Currently dating an isfp for 2 years. Before that an istp/intp/intj casually for about a year and before that a ixtj for about a year.

Maybe I'll get back to you when I'm middle-aged. I don't think type is all that helpful here though.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I noticed ISTP males may have trouble staying with someone for too long. They desire companionship very much, but they somehow can't 'change' even a little bit for something long-term to work. I think ISTPs can get very gooey when they want to.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

Socionics J/P is related to your dominant function, and MBTI J/P is related to the outside world. So if you are an NiTe type, you are supposed to be INTP in Socionics but INTJ in MBTI.

This doesn't always work, however, because people have mixed meanings of the introverted types. Over at INTPcentral.com, they took Gulenko's socionic descriptions of the INTP and INTJ types to see what the correlation was. About half of the MBTI INTPs identified with the socionic INTP, and the other half identified with the socionic INTJ.

So there seems to be a lot of confusion on this matter, even for the supposed experts.

My SO identifies with ISTP both in MBTI and Socionics. I am an ENFP in both MBTI and Socionics (aka Intuitive-Ethical Extratim).

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
^ What's confusing is that the functions may be different but the descriptions would be the same as Myers...mostly. At least for me. Is that not the general consensus? The INFP MBTI description and the INFP Socionics description is describing the same type.