• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who is a good partner for the female ISTP ???

Have at it...

• Total voters

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I was married to one for 7 years...

Sounds like a story...

What, cause women want to feel like pansies? 'Cause men want to feel disrespected?

I think you draw the line between what men and women want too strongly IndyAnnaJoan.

Where did you read that? You drew that specific line of demarcation yourself.

-----------------------------

Otherwise, like pretty much every other relationship/mbti question I've encountered, the big aspect which is missing from MBTI and is (IMO) so crucial to answering the question is that of emotional stability. But even then, there are so many different kinds of relationships. "Whatever suits her fancy" is my cop-out answer, but predictably, some types of relationships will be more functional, or long term, or interesting, or X than others.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I know three ISTP females and they're all single late in life. All three are successful, attractive and very career focused, although they all say they wish to be married (and that it would be more important than their career).

It seems like it isn't just coincidental that they're all still single. Why does it seem so hard for this type to find a partner? Anyone know who ISTP females are happy with? :hi:

There are so many relevant variables involved here aside from the fact they are female and are ISTP that could be effecting the situation.

These otherwise attractive, intelligent women might not have the (long term) partners they want because they haven't invested in the requisite skills required to be in a long term relationship.

What type of relationships have they had? How much does their career interfere with activities like dating? How often do they go out to do social activities, or are in situations where they would be able to meet a partner?

I'm just throwing out lines and seeing if I catch anything.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think an ESTP male and an ISTP female would have a remarkably fun and fulfilling relationship. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think an ESTP male and an ISTP female would have a remarkably fun and fulfilling relationship. :)
I think it'd be a rather explosive relationship (literally :shock:)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see domestic confrontation fixed with guns, AK-47 and karate catch.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP

Definitely!!! The ESTP I'm good friends with isn't one I'd want to live with. We have a blast together and we can spend hours upon hours together, but we also know where each other's buttons are...and we push them all of the time. Fun for awhile, but sometimes we just need a break. I really do love the guy to death and I'd do anything for him, but idk that I could handle him 24/7. He sure can cook like a pro tho...HmmmmMMMMmmmm!!!!!

Edit: I voted for ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ and ENFP. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see domestic confrontation fixed with guns, AK-47 and karate catch.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V19RY9_kR9U&feature=related"]STP-STP domestic dispute[/YOUTUBE]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V19RY9_kR9U&feature=related"]STP-STP domestic dispute[/YOUTUBE]
[youtube=DmEIDXDweqs]xSTPs Chick & Husband[/youtube]

I can see the pattern.:yes:

Elli143

MBTI Type
ISTP
As an ISTP female, I am happily married to an ENTP and it has been the most comfortable, natural relationship I've ever experienced. I've never felt like I had to change my actions or behaviors to meet the expectations of my partner - our interests and behaviors seem to naturally align on their own.

Personally I would go nuts dating any EF combination, but that's because they are usually far more emotional than me and I have very little tolerance for unnecessary drama. I also don't like to be perceived as the "man" in the relationship. I dated an ENFJ briefly and it was a complete trainwreck. Between my frustration with his inability to talk about our relationship in logical terms and his frustration with my "antisocial" behavior, we just didn't have any common foundation to build upon.

Elli143

MBTI Type
ISTP
I just took that test - says my ideal preference is INTP.

However, the preference on I vs. E was split 50/50 (and my husband is a weak E). Guess I married the right person for me :)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an ISTP female, I am happily married to an ENTP and it has been the most comfortable, natural relationship I've ever experienced. I've never felt like I had to change my actions or behaviors to meet the expectations of my partner - our interests and behaviors seem to naturally align on their own.

I'm dating an ENTP currently, and that's exactly how it's been thus far :yes:

May every females ISTPs do that test! HelloQuizzy.com: The Best Personality Type for You Test

I got INFJ.

I got INTP... but I dated an INTP for 3.5 years. And I can say with certainty that, while I adore almost every INTP I meet, it wouldn't work as a long-term romance. We're too much alike, and I need more differences... (Do I sound like a broken record? :huh:)

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I feel this might be an ISxP thing. We're just too dern independent.

Yeah, I'm definitely curious about this. I'm always active and busy when single, and while dating I have goals and interests I pursue. But my girlfriend just makes my day so I love having her in my life! :wubbie: My ISFP grilfriend loves me, but she's also so independent. I don't know how to describe the difference. She's stubborn sometimes about staying a bit independent, at least for now at this stage of our relationship. :D What gives?

The closest way I can describe it is I jump headfirst into the relationship and go full out, while she gives up her independence in stages, bit by bit (I don't even know if this makes sense :doh: )

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The closest way I can describe it is I jump headfirst into the relationship and go full out, while she gives up her independence in stages, bit by bit (I don't even know if this makes sense :doh: )

Hahaha... makes perfect sense. I sometimes wonder if ISFPs are more determined about their independence than I am. I guess I say that because I have myself convinced no one can steal it from me, so I just kinda go with it, with that peace of mind. My ISFP cousin is deadset though. It's impressive.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
you see guys ISTP ladies are just too lazy too cook a proper meal for a man:devil: