• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who is a good partner for the female ISTP ???

Have at it...

• Total voters

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She is a planner. While i like that since i am a P type. It was to much control for me. it was lets fill all this fun into such a tight time frame we are all stessEd out

:laugh:

That's funny. Just goes to show how dynamic and varied people can be. In my case, I'm more of the planner than my wife (a clear cut P), but I find it is often her cramming too many things in limited time frames to the point that it's stressful and no fun anymore. I think it is happening for different reasons than in your experience, though. She just wants to cram a lot of fun activities in but doesn't always stop to think of how it will all fit into a limited time frame, so as a result I am the one who will ask, "how are we going to have time to do all of this...consider x amount of time to drive here, x number of minutes to do this, etc"

Which is funny because usually I take a backseat and give her more control over family plans, but when I see people planning poorly, I can't help but want to jump in and take the reigns...I think it just makes me look like a stick-in-the-mud or a control freak, however, so I try to avoid doing it. I come off as this laid back, anything goes type happy to let others plan events but inside I am cringing when I see people doing a shit job of scheduling events. It's really not that hard. Also the fact that I was raised by anal-as-fuck parents who had to plan every goddamn detail of every event really kind of led me to consciously avoid being like them.

That turned into an off-topic rant about myself. Sorry about that.

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure if anyone is good enough for ISTPs. One thing I do know is the may murder an ENFP, so I don't understand why everyone is voting for them to be their partners. Small note, my wife is an ISTP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure if anyone is good enough for ISTPs. One thing I do know is the may murder an ENFP, so I don't understand why everyone is voting for them to be their partners. Small note, my wife is an ISTP.

I know lots of enfps and they dont irritate or bug me at all. They may do things alot different then i do, but that doesnt phase me. I am a live and let live person. now if you dont let me live i may start to have issues, but ENFPs dont do that.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
She is a planner. While i like that since i am a P type. It was to much control for me. it was lets fill all this fun into such a tight time frame we are all stessEd out.

She would get mad at me on my behalf because i didnt care about something . Which was annoying as hell

She hated who i was because everyone loved me and stood up for me against her bitchyness

She is anal and i am go with the flow

Nothing i did was right because i am not anal which lead to me being lazy

She has some screwed up perception of me that somehow matches the typical guy, yet i am far from typical.

Always ended up in i am damned if i do and damned if i dont do to my weakness in planning and my lack of anal

she truly thought i would come crawling back because i am incompetent and cant do anything for myself. I didnt do it because i was tired of getting bitched at for what i did do

Our parenting styles differ. I make my words gold, she yells with alot of empty threats

I felt empty inside, she knew "people" so she didnt know what i wanted. When i told her it was stupid or wrong And then said i never bring anything up because when i did it was dismissed.

Basically she couldnt see reality for what it was, just some vision in her head and her controlling take over nature was driven by that.

she is an awesome "people" person, but on a one-on-one scale she sucked because she controlled by trying to put the person with the typical

She still to this day tells me what i should have done to fix my issues that i dont have issues with, but typical guy would.

Called me every name in book and truly believes i fit them, yet no one else thinks so.

the good.

I am a busy body and helpec alot, she always had plans

Both have huge hearts and do anything for anyone

Firts girlfriend

always late to everything because of sex.

Always out and about

Always moving forward to reach goals

Lots of fun at first before she got all stressed and bitchy

We got engaged in college, i was stil seeing if she provided what i needed. I ws stupid and said yes when she asked me to marry her during sex. Then by next day everyone knew we were engaged and i was like...shit. wasnt bad enough to call it off. So i just continued to try and pull what was missung out of her. Never found it and then she got srresed and between missing stuff which left me empty and all hell breaking loose it just spiraled down hill.

She needs typical guy and someone who is less independent. no one really understands me so they cant really help her with me and being a people person thats what she relies on.

So it seems the P vs J conflict was quite an issue? And you claim that you get on best with mostly P types. Interesting.

I assume this being a "people person" is an Fe thing, so do you feel that Fe doesn't work with a Ti individual? (socionics says it is ideal).

Being bitchy I assume was an individual thing, not a type thing, but idk for sure, maybe some types are more likely to be described as bitchy.

LOL @ being asked to marry her during sex

And to top it off, i am mentaly unstable, have major anger issues and need mental therapy and jts all my parents fault for the way i am. Yet the last 2 people i dated loved the way my parents raised me because i treat women right, am extremely stable, and have a good head on my shoilders. Go figure.
This sounds like me somewhat... unstable but stable at the same time haha, treat women right. I don't think I have anger issues, more like confidence issues and paranoia.

I'm an ISTJ and I think I am attracted mostly to ENFPs, but I've never had a relationship that lasted very long. I don't know if the ISTJ ENFP dynamic would work, or if ISTJ ENFJ or ISTJ ESTP or something would be better.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not married and think my ex wife is the worst type for me and I for her(ENFJ). She is to "people based" and I am to "independent based". The types that intrigue me the most are ENFP/INFP/INFJ/ESTP, not in any particular order. Types that intrigue me are usually ones I would be able to get along with as I don't want a life where I end up in a love/hate relationship. I want someone I actually get along with and enjoy in real life, not "theory" based. Based on real life these are the types I get along with the best.

I had a co-worker who just would "pick" at me. Like, little jabs or verbalized judgements that were completely wrong. I never bothered to correct her because they just seemed to err on the side of negativity. Example: "You're really frustrated today. I can see it in your body language" or some crap like that.

This kind of stuff would just shock me. Usually I was feeling my normal self. Lol. It just was crappy that it was all "assumed negative" so in order for me to communicate with her i would either have to become defensive (correct her.) Which would only reinforce her opinion in the first place. Ugh. I went out of my way to not speak to her because of this no win situation. Which probably reinforced her opinion.

Yeah. She was an ENFJ.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had a co-worker who just would "pick" at me. Like, little jabs or verbalized judgements that were completely wrong. I never bothered to correct her because they just seemed to err on the side of negativity. Example: "You're really frustrated today. I can see it in your body language" or some crap like that.

This kind of stuff would just shock me. Usually I was feeling my normal self. Lol. It just was crappy that it was all "assumed negative" so in order for me to communicate with her i would either have to become defensive (correct her.) Which would only reinforce her opinion in the first place. Ugh. I went out of my way to not speak to her because of this no win situation. Which probably reinforced her opinion.

Yeah. She was an ENFJ.

Yeah, my ex is good at those. She came over once and told me that i should shave because my beard doesnt look good on me. I was thinking, no shit, i have been sick, its really scraggely, and looks like shit right now. Havnt cleaned it up in over a week. But its times like tjose she makes her decisions about me. The negative times....thats who i really am even though its far and few between.

She was just trying to help me :doh:

They do better with people who need a fire lit under their ass to get moving.