• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] ESFP/Enneagram correlations?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is about to figure out the ESFP/Enneagram correlations.

My thoughts:

The most current: The 7
Current: 2w3, 3, 4w3, 6w7
Quite current:2w1, 8, 9w8
Quite rare: 4w5, 6w5, 9w1
Rare: 1, 5

What's your mind?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, though I suspect ESFPs are overwhelmingly 7. Somehow though, 8 seems more fitting for ESFPs than 2, to me. Not sure why.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Somehow though, 8 seems more fitting for ESFPs than 2, to me. Not sure why.

Probably because of the dominant Se associated with excess and tertiary Te associated with control.

Actually, I think the 2w3 is really current and the 2w1 not that much.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably because of the dominant Se associated with excess and tertiary Te associated with control.
Yep. I'd say balanced ESFPs would be very brash and take-charge personalities -- more reminiscent of ENTJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, though I suspect ESFPs are overwhelmingly 7..

I'm not so sure... MBTI descriptions of the ESFP type are of a 7 ESFP, like every EP types actually, but that can be an overgeneralisation wich lead non-7 ESFP to mistype them and/or be mityped by peoples. A ESFP 2 can mistype him as an ESFJ, an ESFP 4w3 as an ISFP or ENFP, an ESFP 8 as an ESTP, ESTJ or even ENTJ, etc.

Most part of ESFP I've met are ESFP though, next 2. I know one or two 9 also.:)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not so sure... MBTI descriptions of the ESFP type are of a 7 ESFP, like every EP types actually, but that can be an overgeneralisation wich lead non-7 ESFP to mistype them and/or be mityped by peoples.
True, but Se and Ne are strongly 7-leaning functions, and 7 is indeed a statistically very common enneatype among all ExxPs (though much moreso ESPs than ENPs).

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yep. I'd say balanced ESFPs would be very brash and take-charge personalities -- more reminiscent of ENTJ.

BINGO.

A very good friend of mine is an ESFP, 7w8.

He is indeed balanced, and of a healthy mindset, but is about as harsh and take charge as you can get.

There are many similarities between he and I. The differences though are clear as day.

I make decisions quickly, but am more prone to think things through before acting; he will act more quickly, ala take a read on how he feels about something, and pull the trigger as to what to do almost immediately.

Also, if he is having a bad day, everyone will know about it, just by his overall demeanor, thundering around, tone of voice, facial expressions, etc., whereas I am a bit more reserved than that.

We're both wild, crazy, energetic, outgoing, athletic, etc. But those are the major differences I've seen between ESTP/7w8 vs. ESFP/7w8 males. :D

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I make decisions quickly, but am more prone to think things through before acting; he will act more quickly, ala take a read on how he feels about something, and pull the trigger as to what to do almost immediately.
Definite Se Fi Te at work. :yes: Read the situation (Se), decide how you'd like it to be (Fi), and then take command and make that happen (Te).

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes I would definitely say that 8 ESFPs should be fairly common, particularly 7w8 and 8w7. Very extroverted ESFPs would kind of rely a lot on their tert Te, thus being Se/Te, and this is very fitting for egram 8.

ENTJs and egram 8 correspond so well for the same reason, but slightly different. Very extroverted ENTJs are Te/Se, just as ESFPs are Se/Te.

I think the overwhelmingly most common egram for ESFP would be 7, with maybe a slight lean towards 7w8. After that would be 4w3. Then after that I think probably 3wX and 8w7. The rarest ESFP egrams would probably be 5 and 1 (the types that 7 integrates and disintegrates into, respectively).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the overwhelmingly most common egram for ESFP would be 7, with maybe a slight lean towards 7w8.
Why slight? How many ESFPs care about their own security?

I wouldn't be surprised if half or more of ESFPs were 7w8.

KDude

ESFPs could easily be a 7w8 or something, I agree.

Se, Fi, Te can be pretty driven and tough (personally, I just say that because my Te comes out in a less productive way many times.. if i even got to that point. I could imagine someone more in control of it though could be consistently 8-ish, in a better way).

KDude

i knew it. you kinda came to mind as an example here. you just seem like halla in a way, just a little different. not that everyone can't think about it, but you're both big on empowerment and encouraging others in that way too. like in that thread about your isxj friend, for instance.

socionics also accounts for this. esps are a little more alike there.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I think I know quite a few male ESFPs who are also 8s. Don't like them too much.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i knew it. you kinda came to mind as an example here. you just seem like halla in a way, just a little different. not that everyone can't think about it, but you're both big on empowerment and encouraging others in that way too. like in that thread about your isxj friend, for instance.

socionics also accounts for this. esps are a little more alike there.

This is how I perceive myself as well, I've questioned my type before, but never my enneagram :)

I think I know quite a few male ESFPs who are also 8s. Don't like them too much.

Haha, those macho estp/entj-like esfps?
I know that type.

KDude

like all SPs, i believe even those annoying types make better choices with time.

SPs are like a fine wine :rolleyes: if the bottle doesn't crack, that is.

KiwiBurst

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
One of my best friends is an ESFP. She's a 6w7 on the ennegram. She's outgoing, sweet, funny and hardworking.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True, but Se and Ne are strongly 7-leaning functions, and 7 is indeed a statistically very common enneatype among all ExxPs (though much moreso ESPs than ENPs).

The 7 is connoted Se-Ne, but Enneagram is about your egotist compulsions, not only your cognitive preferences. So I think you overestimate the ESFP/7 correlation. Maybe 60-70 % of them are 7, but not 90-95 % if it was your idea.

By the way, I don't know if ESFP 7w6 are more current than ESFP 7w8, I think it's quite equally shared.

Haha, those macho estp/entj-like esfps?
I know that type.

What I notice is that ESFP 8 is associated a macho style while females ESFPs are not especially tomboyish. Maybe males ESFP are more 8 than 2w3 and 4w3 and females ESFP more 2w3 and 4w3 than 8.

One of my best friends is an ESFP. She's a 6w7 on the ennegram. She's outgoing, sweet, funny and hardworking.

One of the best ESFP 6w7 ever is Mickey from Parker Lewis can't Loose.:newwink: