• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Opinion on Ne'ers?

What is your general reaction to specified behavior?

• Total voters

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are your opinions on continuous seemingly unrealistic possibilities? Are you annoyed? No Opinion? Enjoy it?

What's your opinion on Ne tangents?

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
I find seemingly unrealistic possibilities amusing for a short period. I enjoy it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just because they haven't been done doesn't make them unrealistic. :cheese:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Love us SPs, LOVE US IN OUR GRAND REALITY DEFYING DESIGNS! :puppy_dog_eyes:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I enjoy it sometimes if it's just the "wouldn't it be cool" type of discussion, but not the morons who fall for stuff like political rhetoric about "change" and crap like that.

By the way, awesomely generic poll question. :laugh:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on the person, and how they express it. For instance, I've met ENTPs with really annoying, obnoxious Ne, and I happen to be dating an ENTP with a much more balanced, pleasant Ne. I think the major difference is that the ENTP I'm dating actually puts a lot more of his Ne into practical use. It makes more sense to me. The other one would endlessly go off on Ne tangents... for absolutely 0 reason. It was like listening to a really imaginative child all the live long day.

In fact, I made this motivational poster a while back, in his honor:

motivator42157d1dc90364bf2d6f89a8e8.jpg

KDude

Love us SPs, LOVE US IN OUR GRAND REALITY DEFYING DESIGNS! :puppy_dog_eyes:

:heart:

It depends on the person, and how they express it. For instance, I've met ENTPs with really annoying, obnoxious Ne, and I happen to be dating an ENTP with a much more balanced, pleasant Ne. I think the major difference is that the ENTP I'm dating actually puts a lot more of his Ne into practical use. It makes more sense to me. The other one would endlessly go off on Ne tangents... for absolutely 0 reason. It was like listening to a really imaginative child all the live long day.

The second sounds kind of fun for awhile though - depending on how they presented it.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give us an example.

At home:

"What if police suddenly came crashing in, what would you do?"

Would you get tired if these kind of things are always asked?

It depends on the person, and how they express it. For instance, I've met ENTPs with really annoying, obnoxious Ne, and I happen to be dating an ENTP with a much more balanced, pleasant Ne. I think the major difference is that the ENTP I'm dating actually puts a lot more of his Ne into practical use. It makes more sense to me.

So you don't like possibilities that are seemingly useless or unreal?

The other one would endlessly go off on Ne tangents... for absolutely 0 reason. It was like listening to a really imaginative child all the live long day.

So you hate that behavior?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The second sounds kind of fun for awhile though - depending on how they presented it.

Oh, and it was. :newwink:

He had an accent, which was cute at first too. 4 months later I fled. Thankfully he had to return to Germany shortly after.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you don't like possibilities that are seemingly useless or unreal?

So you hate that behavior?

Don't mind them, but only in small doses. And certainly don't hate it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At home:

That's way too banal a thing to discuss. Not Ne. Sounds Si with paranoid inferior Ne.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's way too banal a thing to discuss. Not Ne. Sounds Si with paranoid inferior Ne.

1. It is in no way Si.
2. This does not make it inferior Ne.
3. I am not talking about quality.
4. Inferior does not mean "banal" or "low quality"
5. It's just an example.
6. Ne doesn't have to be discussed[extensively].

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is in no way Si. It's an "impractical" and "seemingly unreal" Ne and this does not make it inferior Ne. Plus, it's only an example.

It's a really, really bad example. I think it has nothing to do with iNtuition or Ne.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm..well i didn't think it was stupid and i enjoy just discussing things with no point. :D
but right...i would...nevermind.

wolfy

awsm
At home:

I like that sort of question. I ask questions like "How would you steal all the weight equipment from the gym?" Those kind of questions are fun.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6

How about this as an example? It's not the most original but still in my opinion a fascinating little thought exercise.

What if the universe and all that was in it was created last Thursday? We were created our memories, hopes and dreams in place, and the light from stars a billion light years away in just the right place on its way here. The creator is probably a prankster who created us to amuse itself (for about a week, one supposes). Enjoy today... Wednesday... since it is the last day of the universe. A new universe will be created tomorrow.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I told you why, but I'll elaborate. It's not conceptual or abstract, for one. It's very specific and considering a very concrete possibility, albeit an unlikely one. It's not imaginative - there's really nothing fanciful about it. It seems very action-oriented in what it is considering, very immediate. What would you do RIGHT NOW.

Basically, Ne does not simply equal "what if", especially not in the dom or aux position.

Ugh, Do I have to define Ne?

No, but confusing it with something it is not doesn't really help a conversation about it.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like that sort of question. I ask questions like "How would you steal all the weight equipment from the gym?" Those kind of questions are fun.

THANK YOU!! GOD BLESS YOUR MOTHER OH LORD!!!! I pray to you jesus! Help Her MOTHER!!

Now, times that type of question[different "what if's"] to 100.

An Ne tangent basically.

Do you know what Ni is? Do you like Ni?

How about this as an example? It's not the most original but still in my opinion a fascinating little thought exercise.

What if the universe and all that was in it was created last Thursday? We were created our memories, hopes and dreams in place, and the light from stars a billion light years away in just the right place on its way here. The creator is probably a prankster who created us to amuse itself (for about a week, one supposes). Enjoy today... Wednesday... since it is the last day of the universe. A new universe will be created tomorrow.

Ok, this times a hundred.