• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Opinion on Ne'ers?

What is your general reaction to specified behavior?

• Total voters
S

sammy

I don't think my Ne is annoying to my SP. We often come up with tons of ideas that may seem a bit far-fetched and random to others, but they are totally implementable, and realistic if you work to make it happen (one day).

I love the motivational poster, Steph. :D

TheFreezingFire

MBTI Type
ENTP
I agree with that ENFP. Hasn't things that were previously considered impossible or illogical come to be? Do you think cavemen would think of cellphones and their use as logical? No. What we can imagine in our minds is a reflection of what could be. Our imagination is just a process of running through the possibilities. If i imagine walking through walls as a solution to getting out of jail. I know it is impractical, but impossible, i dare not say. Furthermore, i can take that idea and remove the bricks from the wall piece by piece. In that sense i would be walking through walls,,,,, only in a practically modified sense of the concept.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I told you why, but I'll elaborate. It's not conceptual or abstract, for one.

How? It's an idea fo gawds' sake. A possibility to be specific. Theoretically, X = idea, Idea = abstract, x = abstract.

Abstract: existing only in the mind

It's very specific and considering a very concrete possibility, albeit an unlikely one. It's not imaginative - there's really nothing fanciful about it. It seems very action-oriented in what it is considering, very immediate. What would you do RIGHT NOW.
Ne doesn't have to be fuggin' "imaginative"[it seems you've made it into a relative word]. Theories don't have to be about "red tailed ponies" or wacky Fred coming in to play in your "imaginative fantasy".

Basically, Ne does not simply equal "what if", especially not in the dom or aux position.

Ne entertains all "what ifs".

And Fug, Logical Fallacy. Having "superior" Dom Ne or Aux Ne" doesn't directly mean having free ticket to "good" "imagination".

Hierarchy defines preference not ability. Thus, it defines tendencies not actualities.

I agree with that ENFP. Hasn't things that were previously considered impossible or illogical come to be? Do you think cavemen would think of cellphones and their use as logical? No. What we can imagine in our minds is a reflection of what could be. Our imagination is just a process of running through the possibilities. If i imagine walking through walls as a solution to getting out of jail. I know it is impractical, but impossible, i dare not say. Furthermore, i can take that idea and remove the bricks from the wall piece by piece. In that sense i would be walking through walls,,,,, only in a practically modified sense of the concept.

And Fug, you. That's why it's called "seemingly". This thread isn't for your rant.

KDude

How about this as an example? It's not the most original but still in my opinion a fascinating little thought exercise.

What if the universe and all that was in it was created last Thursday? We were created our memories, hopes and dreams in place, and the light from stars a billion light years away in just the right place on its way here. The creator is probably a prankster who created us to amuse itself (for about a week, one supposes). Enjoy today... Wednesday... since it is the last day of the universe. A new universe will be created tomorrow.

I'd say we should go out and do fight crime then! Like maybe get into a highspeeed car chase, beat up some random thugs. We'd have nothing to lose.

Or maybe just write a movie script about that..about someone with nothing to lose. And where Morgan Freeman once again reprises his role as God - except this won't be tied to the Bruce Almighty franchise (but maybe it could).

LEGERdeMAIN

I tend to agree with Aramis here. I don't hate on the Ne'ers because I'm so GD balanced. Sometimes I feel like an Ne'er too. peter pan. hmm....

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Although in reality I find Ne and Se so extremely different, they can present with a similar kind of excitability and openness to alternatives/activity that makes some kind of connection easy, imo.

wolfy

awsm
How about this as an example? It's not the most original but still in my opinion a fascinating little thought exercise.

What if the universe and all that was in it was created last Thursday? We were created our memories, hopes and dreams in place, and the light from stars a billion light years away in just the right place on its way here. The creator is probably a prankster who created us to amuse itself (for about a week, one supposes). Enjoy today... Wednesday... since it is the last day of the universe. A new universe will be created tomorrow.

Those kind of questions are not as much fun because there is no obvious need for tactics. If you added more about the prankster, he had a weak left knee from playing soccer with planets as a young god then we could see a weakness, a loophole, a way out. Something we could do, like Bruce Willis in Armageddon we too could have our moment of glory.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Those kind of questions are not as much fun because there is no obvious need for tactics. If you added more about the prankster, he had a weak left knee from playing soccer with planets as a young god then we could see a weakness, a loophole, a way out. Something we could do, like Bruce Willis in Armageddon we too could have our moment of glory.

I don't really understand what you mean here. Those details about the supposed creator seem largely irrelevant to me. The point of the exercise is mainly to propose a mode of existence that entails no logical contradictions or impossibilities chiefly for its own sake. I find it to be an interesting idea in and of itself and it provides a few minutes of diversion for me as I "play around" with the possibilities and logistics that would entail. You seem to be suggesting, however, that some sort of action be taken upon this information.

KDude

A "mode of existence" is what I propose: Nothing to lose. Which is a scary thought to most if I drove it home like that. And if I believed it to be true, it would be more than a few minutes of diversion for you. :D

Or, make a story out of it.. or hey, a concept album (I suck at those, but a Ne could inspire me).

wolfy

awsm
I don't really understand what you mean here. Those details about the supposed creator seem largely irrelevant to me. The point of the exercise is mainly to propose a mode of existence that entails no logical contradictions or impossibilities mainly for its own sake. I find it to be an interesting idea in and of itself and it provides a few minutes of diversion for me as I "play around" with the possibilities and logistics that would entail. You seem to be suggesting, however, that some sort of action be taken upon this information.

Exactly. My mind instantly thinks about what I would do, what I can do. Even if I just play with the idea it would typically be how to twist it for a laugh. My mind is just focused on twisting it for fun for me and the other person, looking for a reaction. Not the idea itself.

Always the need to build from it.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Exactly. My mind instantly thinks about what I would do, what I can do. Even if I just play with the idea it would typically be how to twist it for a laugh. My mind is just focused on twisting it for fun for me and the other person, looking for a reaction. Not the idea itself.

Always the need to build from it.

I find this fascinating. It's always a great thing to realize how truly different other people can be. This is why I used to have trouble getting a clear definition of Intuition as opposed to Sensing---The thought that my way of seeing the world wasn't the only way of seeing the world hadn't even entered my mind back then. It's exciting!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not loving them is like not loving myself!
I must...

KDude

peter pan. hmm....

maybe that's a big part of it :cool: helping at realizing or doing things. i'll be honest, i don't really have many ideas myself.. until i start doing something at least. Ne can inspire

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
motivator42157d1dc90364bf2d6f89a8e8.jpg
Even the puniest male Ne can associate to sex :D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I was thinking about it, my brother (ISTP or maybe eNTP?) and I are always sitting around at lunch coming up with possibilities, but they always have something concrete/tangible about them, like "how would you solve the traffic problems in town? what if everyone rode mopeds and motorbikes instead of cars? You could have twice as many lanes! Save petrol too..." and we will waffle on from there, if it starts to get really unrealistic we'll just scratch our chins and move on to something else.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That often annoy me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
they're fun to get in trouble with... :devil:

LEGERdeMAIN

I was thinking about it, my brother (ISTP or maybe eNTP?) and I are always sitting around at lunch coming up with possibilities, but they always have something concrete/tangible about them, like "how would you solve the traffic problems in town? what if everyone rode mopeds and motorbikes instead of cars? You could have twice as many lanes! Save petrol too..." and we will waffle on from there, if it starts to get really unrealistic we'll just scratch our chins and move on to something else.

I do same thing with my brother. He's kind of like an infp but sometimes he seems more like intp , either way, we come up with lots of ideas together and some of them are incredibly ridiculous but sometimes we keep it going until one of us gets to the point where the idea is standing on completly bs legs and couldn't possibly work even with our own thermodynamics/physics etc. One time I proposed building a dune buggy that ran soley on lead paint chips.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What are your opinions on seemingly unrealistic possibilities? Are you annoyed? No Opinion? Enjoy it?

What's your opinion on Ne tangents?

Oh fun. I love Ne- a function that I do not possess at all, but I can feed off of it soo well! My favorite "partners in crime" are often Ne-dom. I've said this before. They get the ideas and i get the follow through... which makes an Ne-Se pair a force to be reckoned with! I find Ne to be the most fun and funny function.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I notice a couple of votes by non-SPs... :thelook: