• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] The Official Almost Nobody Hates An xSTP Thread

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeed. :heart:

Wait, wha?? slow down there. who proclaimed that? um, INFP sure as heck not. I'm slow to LOVE in the lovey sense. This is all just general assessments (? can't spell) that take time. There is a natural fondness or sexual attraction to ESTP, um yes. That's all we're sayin', correct? That's all I'm agreeing to, for the record. Though I don't speak for the rest of the INFP's, I'll certainly try my bestest... ;)

ps, I love everyone in a human factoring sorta way. Tis very different from being in love. :cheese:
dangit, I'm no expert on this subject... INFP's? Anyone? Someone please help me out here, I'm strugglin'! -crickets-

:huh: I'm confused. I didn't mean "everyone loves us" literally. I meant love and like to be synonymous words there. As in someone who says "I love ice cream". Lost in translation.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I know what the type pairs are. I'm just saying that generally speaking ESTps aren't actually ESTPs; they're NTJs.

What are ISFJs actually?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Leeloo Dallas multipass

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are ISFJs actually?
ISFj, or INFj. Mind you though, this isn't a direct transition (this type is that type), they're separate systems; those are just the two types statistically most likely to correspond to yours. ;) ENFPs are most likely to be ENFj, followed by ENFp, but I'm ENTj.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wouldn't rule it out, but she does seem Fi more than Fe.

And Tyler Durden is an ESTP. Ni is submit to Se with him, not the contrary.
Not at all. He is an agent of chaos, but he is not in any way the embodiment thereof. He could qualify as an SP if he'd just started fight club to kick ass, but he didn't. He started it to gain recruits for his own anarchist organization -- and even then he'd be some weird-ass ESFP rather than ESTP. His leadership style, as well as his communication style, is very clearly Te.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not at all. He is an agent of chaos, but he is not in any way the embodiment thereof. He could qualify as an SP if he'd just started fight club to kick ass, but he didn't. He started it to gain recruits for his own anarchist organization -- and even then he'd be some weird-ass ESFP rather than ESTP. His leadership style, as well as his communication style, is very clearly Te.

I wrote a complete argumentation about why Tyler Durden is an ESTP on the 50 Famous ESTP thread, and I'm to tired to repeat it. I globally think that you underestimate Ni's influences on extroverted sensors.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wrote a complete argumentation about why Tyler Durden is an ESTP on the 50 Famous ESTP thread, and I'm to tired to repeat it. I globally think that you underestimate Ni's influences on extroverted sensors.
One- ESTPs are Ni-inferior. It's tough to underestimate the influence of an inferior function. Two- Tyler Durden is a clear Te user. Three- in the ESTP thread you tried to make Sarko being an ESTP a valid argument for Tyler Durden being another, which is a logical fallacy, made worse by the fact Sarko himself isn't an ESTP - he's ENTJ. An ESTP politician would be... Joe Biden.

KDude

What are ISFJs actually?

There's no straight answer since ISFjs have Fi and Se, while ISFp has Fe and Si.. and Fi/Fe, Si/Se are defined slightly different (same could be said for other functions). One thing tho is there is a lot more take-charge/less chill nature with Se types (ISFj, ISTj), and a more laid back nature/comfort oriented nature with Si (ISFp, ISTp). Nobody knows how to relax (and encourage others to) like an ISTP or ISFP -even when they're doing something. Lots of awareness for physical states, stuff like that.

Another thing is just looking at duals and semi duals. ISxp's think ENxps are awesome in the same way INxp thinks ESxp is. :cool: ISxj has ENxj as duals/semi-duals.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do find it interesting that ESTPs seem to be less hated than ESFPs. You'd think that ESFPs would be more potentially annoying, but ESTPs would be more potentially dangerous.

Actually...maybe I've just answered my own question... ;)

KDude

In the socionics sense, they both have a scene chewing, enterprising behavior about them, and are not all that different. ESTp is a bit more of an asskicker, and ESFp is a player.

MBTI esfps get an insanely bad rap though. It's like the placeholder type for anyone stupid. Bad mistake. I'll be honest in saying probably most of the people I've ever fought were one or the other, the bad ones screw with mine and everyone else's fun.. but I'd never call ESFp stupid per se. I'm also grateful for the good ones (ESTP or ESFP).

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the socionics sense, they both have a scene chewing, enterprising behavior about them, and are not all that different. ESTp is a bit more of an asskicker, and ESFp is a player.

MBTI esfps get an insanely bad rap though. It's like the placeholder type for anyone stupid. Bad mistake. I'll be honest in saying probably the only people I've ever fought were one or the other, the bad ones screw with mine and everyone else's fun.. but I'd never call ESFp stupid per se. I'm also grateful for the good ones (ESTP or ESFP).

Best to be grateful for good people of any type! And yeah, I think good ESTPs and ESFPs are fun and helpful to have around! Mind you, I do think ESFPs have an exceptional amount of potential to be annoying. But there are worse things than "annoying".

ESFPs, ESFJs and ESTJs seem to get the worst rap on this forum, I'd say.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like ESFPs... but then again, I like almost everyone :unsure:

the weird thing is that I know that I'm Se dom with Ti auxillary, but I'm not particularly driven, nor do I find enterprising to be particularly interesting... I just want a simple life and plenty of free time to enjoy really... which is apparently bad ESTP behavior according to all the descriptions and such :cry:

of course kicking deserving ass is fun as well... but that doesn't fall into the work category... that's recreation :2ar15:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Best to be grateful for good people of any type! And yeah, I think good ESTPs and ESFPs are fun and helpful to have around! Mind you, I do think ESFPs have an exceptional amount of potential to be annoying. But there are worse things than "annoying".

ESFPs, ESFJs and ESTJs seem to get the worst rap on this forum, I'd say.

Because there's almost no one here! And ESFJs and ESTJs are the ones with the baddest reputation because of the INxP mainstream.:D

the weird thing is that I know that I'm Se dom with Ti auxillary, but I'm not particularly driven, nor do I find enterprising to be particularly interesting... I just want a simple life and plenty of free time to enjoy really... which is apparently bad ESTP behavior according to all the descriptions and such

What you say is funny because the first time I took MBTI test, I got EsTP. But ESTP are describe as constant go-getter, wich is not really me.
At the same time, constant action is what what make me the most feel alive... But there's tons of peoples who try to control me (including my parents) and that disperses my energy a lot. In other case, it would probably be different.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I need to move to feel alive... and to taste things and touch things and experience things... but yeah, I'm not really much of a go getter :doh:

fortunatly, nobody really tries to control me, I'm just not fully convinced that I'm particularly suited for modern society in a way :blush:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Be careful with that. Socionics is a very different system from MBTI, and the equivalence isn't really very exact. Socionics ESTp is the most common type for MBTI ENTJs and INTJs, and very uncommon for actual ESTPs (those tend to be ESFp -- shockingly enough ESTPs are more likely to be ENFp or ENFj, than ESTp).

What?. Socionics is mainly different on introverts not extroverts. The reason being Socionics is much more in depth about character than the behavior of a person. MBTI focuses on behaviour thus it is much more easy to figure out your type through the tests. Socionics has a different idea of the functions. The primary is more of a "who you are" function and creative is a "what you do" function. For example the ISTP ego function is Si and strong function Te. Te in socionics is about utilizing your environment through maximum efficiency, performing and collecting on the fly, like Magiver. In MBTI Te is about organizing stored data and this can also be looked at utilizing resources through maximum efficiency!. This is where the problem lies between the two, both have different perspectives on the definitions.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What?. Socionics is mainly different on introverts not extroverts. The reason being Socionics is much more in depth about character than the behavior of a person. MBTI focuses on behaviour thus it is much more easy to figure out your type through the tests. Socionics has a different idea of the functions. The primary is more of a "who you are" function and creative is a "what you do" function. For example the ISTP ego function is Si and strong function Te. Te in socionics is about utilizing your environment through maximum efficiency, performing and collecting on the fly, like Magiver. In MBTI Te is about organizing stored data and this can also be looked at utilizing resources through maximum efficiency!. This is where the problem lies between the two, both have different perspectives on the definitions.

:shock: Check out the TP on that dude.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because there's almost no one here! And ESFJs and ESTJs are the ones with the baddest reputation because of the INxP mainstream.:D

True! Except it's INxP AND INxJ. :D

Slight digression, but the biggest minorities of all on this site seem to be any type of ExxJ. Not really surprising, I guess...