• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] am I actually ISFP or what's the deal

warm8

MBTI Type
ESFP
okay so I determined I was ISFP a long time ago and I'm fairly certain I am, but in the past couple of months I was checked into rehab and had to be around 20+ plus guys all day. I found that I'm much more extroverted than I thought. I'm not super loud or overbearing or anything, but just generally silly and say random things and if someone walks in the room I have no problem striking up a conversation.

I enjoy time by myself though. I can have really intense convos with someone or just generally be aloof sometimes. I can be really sarcastic but if I hurt someone's feelings then I say sorry.

could anyone clarify on this? are these characteristics of a fi se ni te?

wolfy

awsm
I work in the gym and deal with thirty plus people a day. Making conversation, helping them out, teaching this and that. I like all that stuff, it doesn't tire me out either, I just tend to flip between on and off. It is Se.

KDude

I can be around people, but I don't think I participate in the same way ESFPs do. I mean, if I'm at a table with ESFPs or something, there's definitely a difference.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
ya i love interacting with people too!! :)

but im still introvert at heart

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
hey warm8, i just recently started calling myself an extrovert too. i see myself as more solitary, but i have an ease and enjoyment with people that is hard to ignore.

maybe try thinking of yourself as an extrovert and calling yourself an extrovert, and see how it works out for you. see how it feels for a while.

KDude

heh i tried calling myself extroverted once and my friend was like... "ooookkkay.."

see if that happens :cool:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I tell people that I'm an introvert and they say, yeah, right. OK. So I'm not shy anymore. Most people that I know seem to associate introversion with shyness.

wolfy

awsm
It is true that I am energised by people and I never tire when I am in a environment I like and people I like. It is also true I tend to be more reserved in my actions, observe then respond. That is more me and that is why I am introvert.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I'm a motormouth but not in a group... so introvert is probably right for me.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not sure if this is true in practice, but I do hear that "ISxx" are "engaged introverts" - meaning that people tire them as with all introverts, but they still like to throw themselves into the scene. It's kind of like exercising. It wears you out, but you feel good doing it.

Whereas with some ENxxs, especially ENxPs like myself, I hear we're dubbed "detached extroverts". In that we get energized by our external environment, but because of the N, we don't tend to dive in and immerse ourselves like SP/Se-users tend to.

Of course, there are ENTPs out there who are absolutely unable to shut the pfuch up. Of course, I'm not one of them, I'm always right to the point. ;)

Oh, what WAS my point? Yes, from what I gather, you do seem ISFP.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
That is a really good explanation and very accurate for me.
I really enjoy "throwing myself into the scene" and I do get energy from that. But it's almost like a sugar high that I get from eating candy. I feel very energetic for a short amount of time. Then I crash.
I'm ready for more after a bit of introvert re-energize time!!!

Not sure if this is true in practice, but I do hear that "ISxx" are "engaged introverts" - meaning that people tire them as with all introverts, but they still like to throw themselves into the scene. It's kind of like exercising. It wears you out, but you feel good doing it.

Sunny Ghost

that's how i always like to refer to it as well. especially as i become older and more and more comfortable in social settings. i get these "highs" and can be quite chatty or entertaining and energetic. i can occasionally, depending on the setting and the people i'm around, be a scene stealer. but put me next to an extrovert, and i'm a mouse.